Stanton surgery

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I read it was some other type of treatment causing the infection.

Wouldn't an infection ordinarily result from a cut or a surgery? That's what baffles me, if he's just got a sprain and had no prior surgery, why an infection,. Makes me suspect he actually had minor surgery, they didn't tell us, and that's infected.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Wouldn't an infection ordinarily result from a cut or a surgery? That's what baffles me, if he's just got a sprain and had no prior surgery, why an infection,. Makes me suspect he actually had minor surgery, they didn't tell us, and that's infected.

Either that or he was taking some kind of injection into the knee to, maybe, enhance healing time?

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This is what the team gets for sending out playoff tickets before we clinched a home game. Classic jinx. Can't wait to burn mine.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
That's even worse, what outside treatment could cause an infection in your knee?

Really weird.

the article clearly states he did not already have surgery though so that wasn't it.

According to my mother (who runs a rehab hospital) sometimes inflammation itself can cause infection.

Also, blood clots can become infected as well.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm sure the irony of this is not lost on any of you, but the NFC south winner will get a home game against our depleted Redbirds and most likely be favored to win. Not that the Falcons would be an easy match, but having to play them, or Carolina on the road is just a kick in the gut.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
According to my mother (who runs a rehab hospital) sometimes inflammation itself can cause infection.

Also, blood clots can become infected as well.

Wow, learn something new I guess. I just assumed an infection had to be introduced from outside the body but I guess not.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Can we please bring in an experienced QB now? I don't care how short of time they have to learn the offense....it HAS to be better than what we have. Unless this coaching staff has already raised the white flag.

I agree with this. I mean Lindley gives us no chance at all.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
:)ta
We may lose in the first round with Lindley. That would make two sub .500 teams to win a playoff game.

Actually I heard last week teams entering the NFL playoffs with a losing record are a perfect 3-4 & 0 in the WC round

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
****! ****! AND DOUBLE ****!! This season has turned into a real kick in the nuts. ****!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, learn something new I guess. I just assumed an infection had to be introduced from outside the body but I guess not.

talked to my dad who's worked on MCL/ACL stuff for decades and his guess is that Stanton had some kind of injection to try and help the healing and that caused the infection.

oh... and that he's now pretty much 100% done for the year.

NMCard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
For some reason I don't think Stanton really wants to be a starter. Seems like he is content with just being a back-up QB. Good for a game or two but gets overwhelmed with anymore than that.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For some reason I don't think Stanton really wants to be a starter. Seems like he is content with just being a back-up QB. Good for a game or two but gets overwhelmed with anymore than that.

I don't know... if he really got the infection from trying to do anything to get back on the field (like an injection), it would seem like he really wants to be in there, IMO.

seesred

Reaction score
Thanks to everyone who made this a very exciting year despite the loss of so many. Stanton would be a help in the playoffs but it's wait and see. He gives us the best chance of winning in the playoffs. How ever he is not as good as many think. He is a backup QB period. It's been fun but I just don't see us winning any more this year. I will support our team with great enthusiasm and hope for the best.

On top what's wrong with our offense, our D can't play over 40 an expect to come out on top. Keep them under 20 points and we will have a chance.

Thanks and healthy New Year to all my friends here at ASFN.

GBR

Catfish

Registered
Reaction score
Actually, I'm really not surprised by this, or, I should say too bummed out by this news... Had Stanton come back,, he would not have been remotely close to 100%. And hell, even a fully healthy Stanton is suspect...
As a long suffering Cards fan, I can take these shots to the chin and just roll with them. This season is just so perfectly Cardinal-esque! All the way down to making the post season with now, no credible offering at QB.
To get to 11 wins has been a helluva of lot of fun! Doing it the way this team has was a great surprise and thrill. We'll have next year once again raise our hopes before tragedy strikes... For now, we dwell in the realm of pure Cardinal misfortune... A truly unique brand of bad, bad luck...

Hey 82 this was so very well written. This truly IS the luck of the Cardinals. I recall Warner's nearly perfect game against Greenbay in the playoffs, only to get concussed and out for the rest of the season against New Orleans, (and their paid assassins), the following week after a 10 win season.

That team had more talent, but this one had more desire and belief in the coaches, the system, and themselves. This was a wonderful season to partake in. So very exilerrating for the fans to see the coaches keep games close, then for the defense to take over late and shut the opponent down and out. I feel blessed to have been able to go along for this ride. Thank you for your perspective.

Last edited:

don7031

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Last year if the Cardinals had made the playoffs we all would have tuned in to every game expecting them to win. And now that they are in the playoffs, I'm wishing they weren't.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Hard to be down on a coach when he's rolling out QB #3 or 4.. But I am pissed off nonetheless.

Let's be honest, after Palmer there is not one QB on our roster, that would back up even the worst QB starved teams in the league.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Maybe you guys are right, I'm sure 31 other teams are just dying to get their hands on Drew (lowest completion % in the NFL) Stanton.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson