St. Pierre to be 2nd string QB against Chargers

Unsterblich856

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
http://azcardinals.com/news/detail.php?PRKey=3116

"Whisenhunt said he was hesitant to judge the Leinart-St. Pierre competition because the circumstances were different for both players, noting that St. Pierre “didn’t get a lot of help.” Whisenhunt added the two will flip-flop roles – with St. Pierre the first to relieve Warner – in the next preseason game against the Chargers."

He's as good as gone if you ask me.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
So......your going to let Leinart torch the 3rd string San Diego defense, while BSP struggles against the back ups??

That's fine with me! BSP is screwed

Last edited:

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
BSP looked lost out there and though he had some pressure on him, he seemed to hold on to the ball way too long...just don't see what others do in him, hopefully he will improve in his next game but between him and Leinart, I would take Leinart without much hesitation

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Whiz is just fulfillng his promise that he would give BSP a legit shot at #2.

bratwurst

on double secret probation
Reaction score
BSP didn't get any help from the line. I hope Leinart doesn't get hurt. I expect a flip in production next week.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
BSP looked lost out there and though he had some pressure on him,

Wiz made that excuse for BSP, the pressure thing and dropped pass, but I cant buy it. Palko also had just as much pressure and had a dropped pass, yet he made the most of it.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BSP didn't get any help from the line. I hope Leinart doesn't get hurt. I expect a flip in production next week.

Neither did Leinart. Did you see Harrison spear Leinart like he was Goldberg?

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
The real competition should be for the 3rd..Palko and Pierre

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It really doesn't benefit the team, or Leinart, for Whiz to come out and say the competition is over at this point in the preseason.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Neither did Leinart. Did you see Harrison spear Leinart like he was Goldberg?
i noticed that. He lifted Leinarts legs and drove him to the turf. The funny thing is i was joking with a Steeler fan friend of mine earlier in the day that the only thing i was hoping for in this game was for Harrison not cheap shot one of our guys. So much for that.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
It really doesn't benefit the team, or Leinart, for Whiz to come out and say the competition is over at this point in the preseason.

I don't think it helped the team for the Cards to have signed a 30 year old lifetime 3rd string QB and promised him a legit shot at the #2 QB spot.

But that's just me.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Another outing or two like that and BSP will be donating his salary to the re-sign Q fund.

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wasn't it until the 3rd preseason game last year that Leinart stunk it up against the faders?
I hope that doesn't happen again.

cgolden

Registered
Reaction score
Question for some experts: When you change QB's from right handed to left handed (ala Warner to Leinart or Leinart BSP), do you have to change some of the play calls or pass protection schemes?

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Whiz is just fulfillng his promise that he would give BSP a legit shot at #2.

Agreed. He did the same thing with the Warner and Leinart competition last year. Both got a shot at starting during the preseason.

I think BSP should be more scared of Palko then Leinart. Tyler Palko looked pretty damn good last night, even if it was against bottom of the depth chart guys.

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
I'm with TJ. I think BSP will do even worse this time and it will be the final straw

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score

I expect Leinart to outperform BSP's performance against the Steelers in his time against the Chargers. OVERALL, against the Chargers, I expect Leinart to still outperform BSP.

Yeah, he is that much better than BSP. I wouldn't be surprised to see BSP receive his walking papers the morning after the Charger game.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I just got done listening to Merril Hoge on Sports Center. He claimed that Leinart looked awful last night, while BSP should be given a second chance. Apparently he watch the first series and went to the bathroom afterwards.

Generally, I would say that one should be given a second chance, but based on two preseasons and no game experience, I've seen enough to believe BSP is nothing more than a journeyman QB. Leinart is better than St. Pierre. Unequivocally.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I just got done listening to Merril Hoge on Sports Center. He claimed that Leinart looked awful last night, while BSP should be given a second chance. Apparently he watch the first series and went to the bathroom afterwards.

Generally, I would say that one should be given a second chance, but based on two preseasons and no game experience, I've seen enough to believe BSP is nothing more than a journeyman QB. Leinart is better than St. Pierre. Unequivocally.

Stopped paying attention to "jug ears" a long time ago. :D