St. Pierre to be 2nd string QB against Chargers

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just got done listening to Merril Hoge on Sports Center. He claimed that Leinart looked awful last night, while BSP should be given a second chance. Apparently he watch the first series and went to the bathroom afterwards.

Generally, I would say that one should be given a second chance, but based on two preseasons and no game experience, I've seen enough to believe BSP is nothing more than a journeyman QB. Leinart is better than St. Pierre. Unequivocally.
I will take the opinions of Jaws and Gruden over Hoge. Check the resumes and number of concussion. No contest. Leinart looked fine.

seesred

Reaction score
Palko had it worse than the Saint and did great. The key is in the read and quick decisions. Palko made them and the Saint didn't. Thats what it is!

GBR

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I just got done listening to Merril Hoge on Sports Center. He claimed that Leinart looked awful last night, while BSP should be given a second chance. Apparently he watch the first series and went to the bathroom afterwards.

Generally, I would say that one should be given a second chance, but based on two preseasons and no game experience, I've seen enough to believe BSP is nothing more than a journeyman QB. Leinart is better than St. Pierre. Unequivocally.

Hodge has to continue to justify his asinine declarations about Leinart in 06.. so yeah he will always think he played terrible.

Shogun

Never doubt Mitch. EVER.
Reaction score
Hodge has to continue to justify his asinine declarations about Leinart in 06.. so yeah he will always think he played terrible.
This. Hoge never budges no matter how blatantly wrong he is.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
BSP shoud be cut, his inflated salary saved, and Palko should be the #3. Our heir apparent should NOT be running around out there behind a patchwork 3rd-string O-line!!!

Cody

i love defense
Reaction score
wtf is seriously seems like whiz WANTS him in front of leinart on the depth chart

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I suppose it would be inappropriate to boo poor bsp at home... but I really don't feel like watching him suck it up on saturday.

ReddBird

Registered
Reaction score
I don't think it helped the team for the Cards to have signed a 30 year old lifetime 3rd string QB and promised him a legit shot at the #2 QB spot.

But that's just me.

St. Pierre had options. Todd Haley extended an offer -- and Whiz promised BSP a shot at #2 so that he'd stick with the Cards.

Two strong coaches wanted the guy. My guess is, they're seeing something worth having. On that basis, I'm glad we've got 'im.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Whiz is just fulfillng his promise that he would give BSP a legit shot at #2.

As others have already said, yes, that has to be the case.

We were talking about the game at work today. Some dude tried to say that Leinart looked equal to BSP and that BSP knew the playbook better than Leinart. Um, okay, sure ... that is exactly what I saw out there on the field. :doi:

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
St. Pierre had options. Todd Haley extended an offer -- and Whiz promised BSP a shot at #2 so that he'd stick with the Cards.

Two strong coaches wanted the guy. My guess is, they're seeing something worth having. On that basis, I'm glad we've got 'im.

Question is when do we get to see it? I just don't get it.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I just got done listening to Merril Hoge on Sports Center. He claimed that Leinart looked awful last night, while BSP should be given a second chance. .

How many concussions did Hoge have? He still can't tell us.:D

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score

How long did someone in AZ see something in Stoney case? The best thing BSP has ever done in the NFL is tell coach Haley in the NFC championship game when to call that JJ to Warner to Fitz play.

freebyrd

Reaction score
How long did someone in AZ see something in Stoney case

i'll man up on that one i thought case had some skills that could be developed

wouldn't be the first mistake i ever made

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Question is when do we get to see it? I just don't get it.

I don't get it either. If that strong coach thought BSP was so great why did he never play him in Pittsburgh?

English on tour

Eng-gur-land Eng-gur-land
Reaction score
Whiz instnt daft enought to judge him on that game alone....but i think he will be thinking the same thing we do though.

the move to bring him up first for Warner will let him have the proper look he needs.

its one game, as was his 7/8 against the Raiders in preseason last year.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Whiz is trying to play it fair and square with BSP, but I believe the Cardinals backup QB should be either Leinart or Palko.

OP
OP
Unsterblich856

Unsterblich856

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Whiz instnt daft enought to judge him on that game alone....but i think he will be thinking the same thing we do though.

the move to bring him up first for Warner will let him have the proper look he needs.

its one game, as was his 7/8 against the Raiders in preseason last year.
Bad example, because in that one game, Leinart lost his starting job.

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
If he truly is competing for the 2nd string job, Whiz has to give him the same opportunity Leinart had in the 1st preseason game playing with the second squad. He wants to keep it fair and I don't know what OL Matt was playing behind, but the group BSP had wasn't helping him any and if they were the same - advantage matt. That being said, I think Matty boy has the #2 job locked down barring an oakland-esque implosion.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I noticed that the Chargers passed for more than 300 yards, against the Seahawks, last night. It should give our DB's a good test in the next game. As for BSP, I would think he'll perform better, but still think ML is our number two.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
As others have already said, yes, that has to be the case.

We were talking about the game at work today. Some dude tried to say that Leinart looked equal to BSP and that BSP knew the playbook better than Leinart. Um, okay, sure ... that is exactly what I saw out there on the field. :doi:
His name didn't happen to be Mitch did it ?:D

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Bad example, because in that one game, Leinart lost his starting job.

I don't think that game cost Leinart the starting job. As someone else pointed out Matt came back the next week and was 10-14 for 177 yards. (BTW: St.Pierre was 1/7 in that game) His other two games he was a combined 14-19 for 153 yards.

I think that the coaching staff realized that our offensive line could not protect the QB and that we would have little success running the football.
The only answer was Warner.

What makes Warner such a good QB is that he gets the ball out quickly and gets in where our incredible receivers can make a catch.

That kind of passing attack was the only way for the Cards to achieve success offensively. It worked like a charm.

You could see the difference Thursday. Leinart just holds on to the ball a half second or so longer than Warner does. Until our Offensive line gets better its the only way for us to go.

Thats why I like Palko over BSP for #3. At least Palko can avoid the rush and does it while still looking downfield for a receiver.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
How many of you know that Brian St.Pierre is now 5-17-for 55yd with 0 TDS and 1INT in his last two pre season games with the Cards? The guy can't even play against third teamers and vanilla schemes.

And he's signed for a million dollars and getting a legit shot at being our #2!

BSP must be our current version of Bernard Wilson.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoObstacles92