2024 schedule release

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Still worlds beyond us, though, especially for game 1.
Week 6?? Yeah, I might agree.
But week 1??
Nah, they gonna expect last year's Cardinals and won't realize their error until the 4th quarter when JC and TB are grinding them for 4 yards and 45 seconds every snap.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But week 1??
Nah, they gonna expect last year's Cardinals and won't realize their error until the 4th quarter when JC and TB are grinding them for 4 yards and 45 seconds every snap.
That's how I see it as well. If I was in charge of the Cardinals schedule this year and could handpick the games, I would've picked the Buffalo game for the opener.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, we've done such a great job with early starts on the other side of the country. Especially particularly far places to get to.
Interestingly, that seems to have been an Arians issue. In every one of the last 5 years the Cardinals have done as well or better in the Eastern time zone than overall - and as well or better than they've done at home!

2019: 5-10-1 overall, 2-5-1 at home, 2-2 in ET (W Bengals, Giants) (L Ravens, Buccaneers)
2020: 8-8 overall, 4-4 at home, 2-2 in ET (W Jets, Giants) (L Panthers, Patriots)
2021: 11-6 overall, 3-5 at home, 2-1 in ET (W Jaguars, Browns) (L Lions)
2022: 4-13 overall, 1-8 at home, 1-1 in ET (W Panthers) (L Falcons)
2023: 4-13 overall, 2-6 at home, 2-2 in ET (W Steelers, Eagles) (L Commanders, Browns)

Kingsbury: 28-37-1, 10-22-1 at home (!), 7-7 in ET
Gannon: 4-13 overall, 2-6 at home, 2-2 in ET
Last 5 years: 32-50-1 overall, 12-28-1 at home (!), 9-9 in ET

Seems as though the Cards have MUCH more trouble winning AT HOME than in the Eastern time zone!!

Last edited:

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
The Bills are not the same Bills. Vastly weakened WR room. Starting CBs are Christian Benford and Rasul Douglas. Good team but not what they were.
Here is the thing...Kyler can't have a bad throwing day or the Cardinals will lose. Bills defensive front is pretty good even if their secondary is bad. Our defensive strength, right now, looks to be potentially defending the run. Our pass rush is bad. I don't really care who Allen has to throw to, if you can't pressure him, he will carve you up or run all over you.

So yes, the Bills may no longer be one of the 8 best teams in the NFL, but that doesn't make them a cake walk for a team coming off a 4 win season and made minimal improvements to the roster outside of rookies.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sharkeez is the best :)
Sure... if you love TVs randomly strewn about, loud music played during half time, and hearing the Steelers' fight song all day!

And someone needs to tell Sharkeez about the new concept that was invented recently where someone comes to your table, takes your order, and brings your drinks and food, rather than making you fight your way through a line of drunks wearing Affliction T-shirts to order at the bar and wait there (where you probably can't see the Cardinals game) to carry your own order back to your table.

Last edited:

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interestingly, that seems to have been an Arians issue. In every one of the last 5 years the Cardinals have done better in the Eastern time zone than overall:

2019: 5-10-1 overall, 4-4 in ET (W Bengals, Falcons, Giants, Browns) (L Ravens, Panthers, Buccaneers, Steelers)
2020: 8-8 overall, 5-4 in ET (W WFT, Jets, Bills, Giants, Eagles) (L Lions, Panthers, Dolphins, Patriots)
2021: 11-6 overall, 2-2 in ET (W Jaguars, Browns) (L Panthers, Lions)
2022: 4-13 overall, 1-4 in ET (W Panthers) (L Eagles, Patriots, Buccaneers, Falcons)
2023: 4-13 overall, 3-5 in ET (W Falcons, Steelers, Eagles) (L Commanders, Giants, Bengals, Ravens, Browns)

Kingsbury: 28-37-1 (0.432), 12-14 (0.462) in ET
Gannon: 4-13 (0.235) overall, 3-5 (0.375) in ET
Last 5 years: 32-50-1 (0.392) overall, 15-19 (0.441) in ET
Interesting and thanks for that work. But the Falcons game last year was a home game.

daves

Keepin' it real!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting and thanks for that work. But the Falcons game last year was a home game.
D'oh! I accidentally included several home games in my original post. Should've realized that I had listed too many east coast games! That's what I get for multi-tasking.

Edited my post, but the main claim remains accurate: In every one of the last 5 years the Cardinals have done better in the Eastern time zone than overall and as well or better than they've done at home!

Last edited:

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sure... if you love TVs randomly stream about, loud music played during half time, and hearing the Steelers' fight song all day!

And someone needs to tell Sharkeez about the new concept that was invented recently where someone comes to your table, takes your order, and brings your drinks and food, rather than making you fight your way through a line of drunks wearing Affliction T-shirts to order at the bar and wait there (where you probably can't see the Cardinals game) to carry your own order back to your table.

It's a great brunch menu. $6 breakfast with free coffee or mimosas. Easy site lines to any game. Ocean view.

I love it there.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also they bring your food to your table. You just have to order at the bar. Go there enough you don't have to do that either.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But week 1??
Plus, this is thier WR group. No clear #1 and lots of new faces, plus Andy!

You must be registered for see images attach

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's a great brunch menu. $6 breakfast with free coffee or mimosas. Easy site lines to any game. Ocean view.

I love it there.
That place is gross, Chris. Like… so gross that it eventually got nixed as the final stop on a six bar pub crawl because it was too gross for even people completely blacked out by then.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That place is gross, Chris. Like… so gross that it eventually got nixed as the final stop on a six bar pub crawl because it was too gross for even people completely blacked out by then.

They have an awesome kids menu. Like 10 AM Brunch it's the best. My east coast father in law thinks it's epic.

Maybe you so cal boys are spoiled

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They have an awesome kids menu. Like 10 AM Brunch it's the best. My east coast father in law thinks it's epic.

Maybe you so cal boys are spoiled
Like I said… when a bar is too disgusting to even be blacked out at, that ain’t the spot, Sanders.

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must go really late. At 1O AM it's dads watching football with their kids

I am not dismissing your experience. I am just saying that the experience changes based on the time

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Why not 0-6?

I don't think the Packers, Rams and Bills are slam dunks to be playoff teams again. And even if they are, they will all lose a few games to teams they are supposedly better than. Sports betting wouldn't exist if it was as easy as picking the best team on paper.

I personally think the Buffalo game is a great as an opener. There are all kinds of upsets in week one every year and we will have nothing to lose going into that game. The pressure will be on the Bills to beat a "bad" Cardinals team.

I think we will get plenty of upsets next season, just not in the first 6 games. Beating the Bills week 1 is not far fetched at all though.

The Packers should be the superbowl favorites next year. Love was the best QB in the league for the last 9 games of the season, they have 4 good WRs, two good TEs and a top OL. Their defense is stacked too, it was just being held back by a notoriously bad coach who is now fired. LaFleur is 2nd only to Jim Harbaugh in win percentage for active NFL coaches.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Their SB window seemingly has closed, but they are still a top 10 team in the NFL. Much better than the Cards at the moment.
I don’t think teams with top 5 QBs and a penchant for identifying talent have their window close. Unless they go through a talent selection drought. It’s stands to be seen if that’s happened to the bills despite their departures. Maybe they’ve been like the ravens and the backups are ready to take over.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Interestingly, that seems to have been an Arians issue. In every one of the last 5 years the Cardinals have done as well or better in the Eastern time zone than overall - and as well or better than they've done at home!

2019: 5-10-1 overall, 2-5-1 at home, 2-2 in ET (W Bengals, Giants) (L Ravens, Buccaneers)
2020: 8-8 overall, 4-4 at home, 2-2 in ET (W Jets, Giants) (L Panthers, Patriots)
2021: 11-6 overall, 3-5 at home, 2-1 in ET (W Jaguars, Browns) (L Lions)
2022: 4-13 overall, 1-8 at home, 1-1 in ET (W Panthers) (L Falcons)
2023: 4-13 overall, 2-6 at home, 2-2 in ET (W Steelers, Eagles) (L Commanders, Browns)

Kingsbury: 28-37-1, 10-22-1 at home (!), 7-7 in ET
Gannon: 4-13 overall, 2-6 at home, 2-2 in ET
Last 5 years: 32-50-1 overall, 12-28-1 at home (!), 9-9 in ET

Seems as though the Cards have MUCH more trouble winning AT HOME than in the Eastern time zone!!
Isn’t that 9-8?

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maksince98