Squid Game (Netflix)

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Two episodes in and will likely binge the rest this weekend. It definitely sucks you in. Some really cool visuals as well.

Something tells me this will inspire a lot of Halloween costumes this year.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Lol... DEFINITELY NOT.
I watched all the Evil Deads and I Spit On Your Grave around those ages.

My mom was completely lackadaisical about what I watched as a kid. We'd go to the video rental and she would tell me to go pick something out and I went over to the horror movie section and would find the goriest or scariest movie I could find.

So shows like Squid Room seem like kids shows to me....and I loved the first episode it was fantastic, I can't wait to watch the rest.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

My mom was completely lackadaisical about what I watched as a kid. We'd go to the video rental and she would tell me to go pick something out and I went over to the horror movie section and would find the goriest or scariest movie I could find.

So shows like Squid Room seem like kids shows to me....and I loved the first episode it was fantastic, I can't wait to watch the rest.
We watched a lot of rated R stuff at even younger ages when we were kids. I mean, I know we saw Smokey and the Bandit flicks in the theaters. The first one came out when I was 8. So I popped one on for my boys a couple years all excited to watch it with them. The first 5 minutes was all about

***** in that or similar verbiage

I couldn’t believe it and shut it off. I still don’t think my boys are ready for that. Nor do I think they discuss it with their friends giggling yet. Definitely different times.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
We watched a lot of rated R stuff at even younger ages when we were kids. I mean, I know we saw Smokey and the Bandit flicks in the theaters. The first one came out when I was 8. So I popped one on for my boys a couple years all excited to watch it with them. The first 5 minutes was all about

***** in that or similar verbiage

I couldn’t believe it and shut it off. I still don’t think my boys are ready for that. Nor do I think they discuss it with their friends giggling yet. Definitely different times.
Oh I wouldnt do the same for my kids. I got away with tons of stuff modern kids couldn't do.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

I Want To Believe
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Finished the series last night. So good.

Not sure how everyone else has been watching it, but we watched it in Korean with English subtitles.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Finished the series last night. So good.

Not sure how everyone else has been watching it, but we watched it in Korean with English subtitles.
I watched it dubbed. I hate watching anything dubbed. The voices never fit the characters imo. And yet I was still captivated by the series and binged it.

cheesebeef

ASFN AWESOME
Supporting Member
Reaction score

trust me... Ouchie and Brother Not Ouchie were 7 and 5 years older than me so I saw everything at a very young age as well... not to mention my best friend's father would ALWAYS rent us THE most inappropriate movies for 8 year olds. ones that we didn't even ask for, like the night he brought us home an amazing double feature of Eddie Murphy's Delirious and The Exorcist. I can remember him taking us to see Sam Kinnison, with Pauly Shore opening at Celebrity Theater when we were probably... MAYBE 11 (Yup...1987 show at Celebrity). In the middle of one of the wildest bits I've EVER seen, I remember him looking around and saying "I'm pretty sure I'm the oldest and you guys are the youngest people here."

but I know Ouchie's boys... they ain't even close to being ready for this.

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
trust me... Ouchie and Brother Not Ouchie were 7 and 5 years older than me so I saw everything at a very young age as well... not to mention my best friend's father would ALWAYS rent us THE most inappropriate movies for 8 year olds. ones that we didn't even ask for, like the night he brought us home an amazing double feature of Eddie Murphy's Delirious and The Exorcist. I can remember him taking us to see Sam Kinnison, with Pauly Shore opening at Celebrity Theater when we were probably... MAYBE 11 (Yup...1987 show at Celebrity). In the middle of one of the wildest bits I've EVER seen, I remember him looking around and saying "I'm pretty sure I'm the oldest and you guys are the youngest people here."

but I know Ouchie's boys... they ain't even close to being ready for this.
Corey won’t go outside at night to see all my werewolves powered on with the fog machines working.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score

So no wonder why you are Crazyinthebrain, oops, I mean Krangthebrain. :p

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

I Want To Believe
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As an only child, I was never limited to what I could watch either and vividly remember seeing The Warriors and Tom Horn in the theaters as well as many other R-rated 70's and early 80's films. Although I realized at an early age that it was all fantasy and that the actor you saw chopping people up in one film was playing a nice neighbor or a mean sheriff in their next role. I worried many years later about my uncle exposing my cousin to graphic films as a child because he didn't have a solid grasp on what was real and just Hollywood. It really depends on the individual, IMHO.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This show is excellent. My daughter and her college roommates told me to watch it. My daughter watches a ton of foreign content.

DEBATE QUESTION:

So my daughter says to watch it in Korean with American subtitles. My wife refuses to watch anything without the English dub so if she needs to do something at the same time she can still listen to it if distracted for a moment.

Opinions?

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

I Want To Believe
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This show is excellent. My daughter and her college roommates told me to watch it. My daughter watches a ton of foreign content.

DEBATE QUESTION:

So my daughter says to watch it in Korean with American subtitles. My wife refuses to watch anything without the English dub so if she needs to do something at the same time she can still listen to it if distracted for a moment.

Opinions?
Honestly, just set the time aside to watch it without distractions and watch it in Korean with the English subtitles. It is so engrossing that time will fly by and you won't feel tempted to look away at all. It was so good.