Spurs @ Suns 10-31-18

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I read an article, that aside from salaries, the Mavs jet is top of the line, hotel accomodations are always five star, the training room food is top notch, etc. At the end of the day all those things add up. No wonder guys are so loyal to the Mavs.

Spending the money upfront is a wise investment as it usually evens out in the long run. If only the Suns could see this when hiring coaches, GMs and scouts. The same with players. The Suns usually end up spending the same amount of money but on the back end where it is least effective.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
So Anderson played 25 minutes and netted us 5 points on 20% shooting. Seriously, I know Bender has been in the dog house, but at least he plays defense. And I am willing to bet he could get us 5 points on 20% shooting, too! How BAD does Anderson have to play in order for Bender to get ANY minutes?

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
The things with JJ is that last year we clearly saw better play than this. He is capable.

His good play last year was when he had zero accountability on a team that was trying to lose. That's a much different mindset.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
So Anderson played 25 minutes and netted us 5 points on 20% shooting. Seriously, I know Bender has been in the dog house, but at least he plays defense. And I am willing to bet he could get us 5 points on 20% shooting, too! How BAD does Anderson have to play in order for Bender to get ANY minutes?

Bender is one of the most inept offensive "perimeter" players in the history of the league, but I agree that his defense would probably be an improvement over Anderson's. There's nothing I've seen from Anderson that makes me want him on the floor for any reason.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Bender is one of the most inept offensive "perimeter" players in the history of the league, but I agree that his defense would probably be an improvement over Anderson's. There's nothing I've seen from Anderson that makes me want him on the floor for any reason.
The irony is, at seven feet, he's perhaps one of the better perimeter defenders I have seen. Not many guys can drive around him to the hoop either. I guess, with the options we have now, I'd rather see him out there, even if he is a train wreck on offense, because he actually plays defense on the perimeter three point shooters, and we have been letting teams light us up from three. The last time he got in, he switched onto every guy with the ball, and no one scored. The other Suns just did not pass him the ball, even when he was open, so offensive train wreck was minimized! LOL!

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
Booker led the team in assists. Perhaps our best PG right now.
Unfortunately he also led the team in turnovers. It's probably unavoidable to some extent with the amount of touches and possessions he uses, but some of those passes were just plain bad. He needs to clean that up if they want to continue to use him at PG.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Unfortunately he also led the team in turnovers. It's probably unavoidable to some extent with the amount of touches and possessions he uses, but some of those passes were just plain bad. He needs to clean that up if they want to continue to use him at PG.
Agreed. At least most of those he tried to feed Ayton. But a couple were into Ayton being doubled. Someone else HAD to be open! That's what happens when a guy feels he has to do too much. If anything I think Booker is smart and hopefully will learn how and when not to try and feed Ayton.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Yeah some were just flat out dumb turnovers he did. It wasn’t a matter of great defense or teammates being out of position. Was his decision alone.

leclerc

The smooth operator
Reaction score
Booker's not a natural with the lob to Ayton. It seldom works. It's better if he tries to score and Ayton tries to rebound instead of turning it over inches from the hole.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Booker threw two underhanded lobs in a row to Ayton. 50 percent success rate.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Technically, TJ had one more! :)