Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Racer X:

You must be registered for see images attach

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I'm torn. I sorta almost want to see this. And I sort of want to gag.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
The cartoon never captured my attention as a kid, and I tried to sit and watch it, I hated it.

I'm not even quite sure what its about...does he just drive in races all the time? Is Racer X a "bad guy" or just his rival(or both)? Does he solve crimes, save the day, is he an international spy?

And whats with the monkey?

PortlandCardFan

Reaction score
The cartoon never captured my attention as a kid, and I tried to sit and watch it, I hated it.

I'm not even quite sure what its about...does he just drive in races all the time?
Yep
Is Racer X a "bad guy" or just his rival(or both)?
rival l*** l*** b******...

Does he solve crimes, save the day, is he an international spy?
Yep, yep, and not so much

And whats with the monkey?
He was the original 'trunk monkey'...

PortlandCardFan

Reaction score
Well this has a PG rating so kid's will be going to see this one... Also tells me that it is going to be campy as hell. Which it should be considering the way the cartoons were done.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Will not be seeing this. Not even as a rental.

PortlandCardFan

Reaction score
I can certainly see how this would not be appealing to many but when I was a kid I loved 'Speed Racer'. I've watched a few episodes as an adult and well... they sucked!!! But I still can't get past the nostalgia factor for this movie.

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can certainly see how this would not be appealing to many but when I was a kid I loved 'Speed Racer'. I've watched a few episodes as an adult and well... they sucked!!! But I still can't get past the nostalgia factor for this movie.

:yeahthat:

Part of me wants to see it. Part of me is scared.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Dude.... the trailers look so creepy to me. No way in hell I am watching this.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
I'll definitely rent it because we watched it every Saturday when we were kids, but I won't spend the $ to see it in the theater.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
i actually have some speed racer DVDs and can get through them if I'm in the right mood - i imagine the movie will be much of the same

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Got a new Speed Racer USB Overdrive Target GiftCard today.

It's a Target GiftCard that has a USB cable. Plug it in to your computer and you've got Speed Racer exclusives.

* The Amazing Racer Family Mocumentary
* Desktop Wallpapers
* Coloring Pages
* Mattel Toy Coupon
* Target Game Code

:cool:

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Speed Racer

Release Date: May 9, 2008 (conventional theaters and IMAX)
Studio: Warner Bros. Pictures
Director: Andy Wachowski, Larry Wachowski
Screenwriter: Andy Wachowski, Larry Wachowski
Genre: Action
MPAA Rating: PG (for sequences of action, some violence and language)

Starring: Emile Hirsch, Christina Ricci, John Goodman, Susan Sarandon, Matthew Fox, Hiroyuki Sanada, Richard Roundtree, Ji Hoon Jung, Benno Furmann, Kick Gurry, Paulie Litt, Roger Allam

Plot Summary: Born to race cars, Speed Racer (Emile Hirsch) is aggressive, instinctive and, most of all, fearless.
His only real competition is the memory of the brother he idolized—the legendary Rex Racer, whose death in a race has left behind a legacy that Speed is driven to fulfill. Speed is loyal to the family racing business, led by his father, Pops Racer (John Goodman), the designer of Speed’s thundering Mach 5. When Speed turns down a lucrative and tempting offer from Royalton Industries, he not only infuriates the company’s maniacal owner (Roger Allam) but uncovers a terrible secret—some of the biggest races are being fixed by a handful of ruthless moguls who manipulate the top drivers to boost profits. If Speed won’t drive for Royalton, Royalton will see to it that the Mach 5 never crosses another finish line. The only way for Speed to save his family’s business and the sport he loves is to beat Royalton at his own game. With the support of his family and his loyal girlfriend, Trixie (Christina Ricci), Speed teams with his one-time rival—the mysterious Racer X (Matthew Fox)—to win the race that had taken his brother’s life: the death-defying, cross-country rally known as The Crucible.

You must be registered for see images

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll definitely rent it because we watched it every Saturday when we were kids, but I won't spend the $ to see it in the theater.

this may sound strange, but the only way I'd spend a minute of my time watching this would be in a theater. looks like it'll be a visual feast but not much else.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I don't like the Wachowski brothers and their oversized egos. They won't even do interviews? Come on.....

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This movie looks like a monumental :thumbdown