You just keep me hangin' on.

Get out, get out of my life
And let me sleep at night...

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The audience was whacked.

Set me free why don't you viewers. Get out my life, why don't you viewers.

The movie goes on and on and on and on...don't stop...believin'....

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
it's the slang version of "to wit". don't feel bad that you didn't know that... i know you're not from the streets, like me.
:biglaugh:

Damn me & my inability to learn street slang.

You could have used regular language..."To Wit's Woot" has a great ring to it.

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
After reading this, I think that Tony is dead.

The biggest hint, according to a consensus taking shape on the Web, is a scene from an earlier episode in which Tony and his brother-in-law, Bobby "Bacala" Baccalieri, muse about what it feels like to die.

"At the end, you probably don't hear anything, everything just goes black," Bobby says while they sit fishing in a small boat on a lake.

CNN.com: Think Tony Soprano's dead? You may be right

Last edited:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After reading this, I think that Tony is dead.

The biggest hint, according to a consensus taking shape on the Web, is a scene from an earlier episode in which Tony and his brother-in-law, Bobby "Bacala" Baccalieri, muse about what it feels like to die.

"At the end, you probably don't hear anything, everything just goes black," Bobby says while they sit fishing in a small boat on a lake.

CNN.com: Think Tony Soprano's dead? You may be right

And I think we are.

There was no reason for Tony to get killed. NY blessed his hit on Phil. Nobody in the diner posed a threat. It was a huge misdirection. A boss wouldn't get hit without it having the ok. And we would be aware of it coming.

Chase used misdirection and "scary" guys in the diner (which populate just about any diner) as the clock was running down and the audience was all tense waiting for something to happen. And nothing happened, except for a gun sneaking into our room and shooting us dead, and we see black and hear nothing while life in Sopranoland goes on. You never saw it coming.

The audience saw black, not Tony. We got whacked.

PAQ77

Registered
Reaction score
And I think we are.

There was no reason for Tony to get killed. NY blessed his hit on Phil. Nobody in the diner posed a threat. It was a huge misdirection. A boss wouldn't get hit without it having the ok. And we would be aware of it coming.

Chase used misdirection and "scary" guys in the diner (which populate just about any diner) as the clock was running down and the audience was all tense waiting for something to happen. And nothing happened, except for a gun sneaking into our room and shooting us dead, and we see black and hear nothing while life in Sopranoland goes on. You never saw it coming.

Hmmmm, after reading some articles that came out today... Tony's dead. There was too many clues adding up to that conclusion.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
no clues add up to that

also, keep in mind the program was never shot through his perception - also, the last thing shown before the black out was his face

so even if someone was killed, it would of had to of been someone looking at him

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
And I think we are.

Didn't Tony go against the terms of the "sit down" agreement by offing Phil? Still, I don't think Tony was whacked. This series was filled with hints at something that never happens.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
no - he asked the guy where phil was - he stated that he couldn't give that information, but wouldn't stand in tonys way

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn't Tony go against the terms of the "sit down" agreement by offing Phil? Still, I don't think Tony was whacked. This series was filled with hints at something that never happens.

No, he basically asked for it and Butch said he couldn't give him the information, but he wouldn't stand in his way of doing it. Butchie wanted Phil gone too.

NY gave their blessing.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Dude, that's the SAME article.

And the clues in that whole show point more towards the theory I laid out than Tony getting whacked.

Again...who saw black? Us. Who didn't see it coming? Us. Who heard nothing? Us.

First song played....keep me hanging on.

Why do you keep a comin'
Around playing with my heart?
Why don't you get out of my life
And let me make a brand-new start?

Let me get over you
The way you've gotten over me.

Set me free
Why don't you baby?
Get off my life
Why don't you now?

'Cause you don't really love me
You just keep me hangin' on.

Last song:

Some will win, some will lose
Some were born to sing the blues
Oh, the movie never ends
It goes on and on and on and on

It goes on. We do not. We saw black. NOBODY in the diner was a threat to Tony and any suggestion as such is tenuous at best. There was no setup to think that Tony was getting whacked...arrested yes but not whacked. However, we thought it was coming...the misdirections were great...it was an intense scene. It was masterful...and it was misdirection. Hell even the godfather homage of the guy going to the bathroom played on the misdirection, since the famous scene had mike go get the gun...but in 2007, with no patdowns, he wouldn't hide a gun in a bathroom, but in his pants instead. Great misdirection that preyed on every instinct we had (sketchy individiuals, godfather reference, tension being ratcheted, meadow parking problems, we THINK something is going to happen...and OMFG it is gonna happen RIGHT N.....

Chase whacked the audience...we came in as voyeurs into their lives and left them. The ultimate hit.

PAQ77

Registered
Reaction score
Dude, that's the SAME article.

And the clues in that whole show point more towards the theory I laid out than Tony getting whacked.

Again...who saw black? Us. Who didn't see it coming? Us. Who heard nothing? Us.

First song played....keep me hanging on.

Last song:

It goes on. We do not. We saw black. NOBODY in the diner was a threat to Tony and any suggestion as such is tenuous at best. There was no setup to think that Tony was getting whacked...arrested yes but not whacked. However, we thought it was coming...the misdirections were great...it was an intense scene. It was masterful...and it was misdirection. Hell even the godfather homage of the guy going to the bathroom played on the misdirection, since the famous scene had mike go get the gun...but in 2007, with no patdowns, he wouldn't hide a gun in a bathroom, but in his pants instead. Great misdirection that preyed on every instinct we had (sketchy individiuals, godfather reference, tension being ratcheted, meadow parking problems, we THINK something is going to happen...and OMFG it is gonna happen RIGHT N.....

Chase whacked the audience...we came in as voyeurs into their lives and left them. The ultimate hit.

Interesting point of view... Doesn't make sense to me to have the audience whacked but it's interesting.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think it's pretty ridiculous for anyone to definitively state they absolutely know what the ending means. It was an ambiguous ending, where any three theories are plausible and considering that the only ONE PERSON truly knows what it is, I think it's pretty daft to just tell people they're flat out wrong with their interpretation.

Chase is an auteur and he crafted a work of art, not a TV Show, IMO and to argue that someone's interpretation of that art is wrong means a) you're just a moron or b) you don't realize what art is.

jmo

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it's pretty ridiculous for anyone to definitively state they absolutely know what the ending means. It was an ambiguous ending, where any three theories are plausible and considering that the only ONE PERSON truly knows what it is, I think it's pretty daft to just tell people they're flat out wrong with their interpretation.

Chase is an auteur and he crafted a work of art, not a TV Show, IMO and to argue that someone's interpretation of that art is wrong means a) you're just a moron or b) you don't realize what art is.

jmo

Boy, that's a little overboard cheese. Seriously.

I gave my view on why the "Tony was whacked" camp's evidence is weak, and put forth why I think my view is right. That's not definitively stating anything. In fact...see this again:

That's not definitive anything...

I hold a minority feeling of what I think was intended, my interpretation and I am defending against something that people point to articles as saying something else happened.

EVERYONE is saying they think they know what happened...and everyone is disagreeing. It is fun. Dropping "you're a moron or you don't know what art is" is bush.

The disagreement and different interpretations are fun. So what if I think my interpretation is right? It doesn't change the episode.

Last edited:

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Boy, that's a little overboard cheese. Seriously.

I gave my view on why the "Tony was whacked" camp's evidence is weak, and put forth why I think my view is right. That's not definitively stating anything. In fact...see this again:

That's not definitive anything...

I hold a minority feeling of what I think was intended, my interpretation and I am defending against something that people point to articles as saying something else happened.

EVERYONE is saying they think they know what happened...and everyone is disagreeing. It is fun. Dropping "you're a moron or you don't know what art is" is bush.

The disagreement and different interpretations are fun. So what if I think my interpretation is right? It doesn't change the episode.

Far be it for me to agree with a Laker fan, but I gotta side with D-Dogg on this one. I'm definitely in the "audience was whacked" camp.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
No, he basically asked for it and Butch said he couldn't give him the information, but he wouldn't stand in his way of doing it. Butchie wanted Phil gone too.

NY gave their blessing.
True, I watched it again. Great episode.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard