Some 2nd round options for you all

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
We are the 23rd pick in round 2. It is late, but I will try and see if I can come up with 23 names for you guys. (no particular order)

QB - No
WR - No
TE - probably not.

1-Breece Hall - You have to consider his talent regardless of Conner. Not my favorite but I don't think it will be a option.
2-Bernhard Raimann - raw but talented. Might not want the project but rare talent.
3-Rasheed Walker - More talent than polish. Probably needs to kick inside but has NFL tools.
4-Logan Bruss - Big and physical interior pressence.
5-Luke Goedeke - Less gifted than Raimann. People mover.
6-Ed Ingram - NFL body and length. A bit up and down, but the good is really good.
7-Marquis Hayes - Another NFL body who is similar to Ingram. Good on the move as well as inline.
8-Sean Rhyan - Similar to Justin Pugh. Fringe OT/OG which may be a little too finesse for what we are looking for but has talent.
9-Luke Fortner - C but may have the skills to also play OG. Nice player who is smart and physical.
10-Travis Jones - NT but with some pass rush upside. I like him a lot.
11-Demarvin Leal - Best fit is probably at 3-4 DE though not where he played in college. Not a DE and not a 3-T. But good athlete.
12-Logan Hall - Another guy who didn't really play where he fits in the NFL. 3-4 DE. Really nice athlete inside who can be a problem.
13-Josh Paschal - Large EDGE player who has a nice blend of burst and power. Hard worker.
14-David Ojabo - INjury is a big concern. Talent was special before.
15-Boye Mafe - I really like him. Great athlete on the EDGE who has shown improvement every year.
16-Arnold Ebiketie - Not great vs run which may drive Vance crazy but very good rush skills.
17-Andrew Booth - Nice size and speed CB. Raw.
18-Kyler Gordon - Same as Booth.
19-Roger McCreary - Physical player who probably fits best in zone scheme.
20-Coby Bryant - Football guy and 4 year starter. Not great speed.

That is all I have that I like. Lots of front 7 guys and DBs. Might be tough to pass on them for the OL available. I wonder if the EDGE run in round 1 drops some guys and I left out some good WRs. If you want an OL, pray that they drop since a lot went in round 1. Should still be decent options on the OL in round 3 but more warts of course. Would not be shocked to see the Cardinals move from their spot either up or down. Especially if they like an OL or EDGE.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
We are the 23rd pick in round 2. It is late, but I will try and see if I can come up with 23 names for you guys. (no particular order)

QB - No
WR - No
TE - probably not.

1-Breece Hall - You have to consider his talent regardless of Conner. Not my favorite but I don't think it will be a option.
2-Bernhard Raimann - raw but talented. Might not want the project but rare talent.
3-Rasheed Walker - More talent than polish. Probably needs to kick inside but has NFL tools.
4-Logan Bruss - Big and physical interior pressence.
5-Luke Goedeke - Less gifted than Raimann. People mover.
6-Ed Ingram - NFL body and length. A bit up and down, but the good is really good.
7-Marquis Hayes - Another NFL body who is similar to Ingram. Good on the move as well as inline.
8-Sean Rhyan - Similar to Justin Pugh. Fringe OT/OG which may be a little too finesse for what we are looking for but has talent.
9-Luke Fortner - C but may have the skills to also play OG. Nice player who is smart and physical.
10-Travis Jones - NT but with some pass rush upside. I like him a lot.
11-Demarvin Leal - Best fit is probably at 3-4 DE though not where he played in college. Not a DE and not a 3-T. But good athlete.
12-Logan Hall - Another guy who didn't really play where he fits in the NFL. 3-4 DE. Really nice athlete inside who can be a problem.
13-Josh Paschal - Large EDGE player who has a nice blend of burst and power. Hard worker.
14-David Ojabo - INjury is a big concern. Talent was special before.
15-Boye Mafe - I really like him. Great athlete on the EDGE who has shown improvement every year.
16-Arnold Ebiketie - Not great vs run which may drive Vance crazy but very good rush skills.
17-Andrew Booth - Nice size and speed CB. Raw.
18-Kyler Gordon - Same as Booth.
19-Roger McCreary - Physical player who probably fits best in zone scheme.
20-Coby Bryant - Football guy and 4 year starter. Not great speed.

That is all I have that I like. Lots of front 7 guys and DBs. Might be tough to pass on them for the OL available. I wonder if the EDGE run in round 1 drops some guys and I left out some good WRs. If you want an OL, pray that they drop since a lot went in round 1. Should still be decent options on the OL in round 3 but more warts of course. Would not be shocked to see the Cardinals move from their spot either up or down. Especially if they like an OL or EDGE.
Expecting the Bills to trade in front of us.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
#1 need left now is an edge rusher imo.

My guys:

1)Nik Bonnito-reminds me of Hassan Reddick

2) Cam Thomas-sometimes watching him I think he might be the second coming off JJ Watt

3) David Ojabo-can he return to form after Achilles injury? Does he continue to slide

It might take a trade up to get any of the three. I’m all for it! Go get one please

Minski

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind taking Ojabo (sit until healthy) then with the next pick take the best pass rusher available to start straight away and another WR (Alec Pierce, hope he's there) at pick 100. That has your edge and WR room set for years.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I agree on Breece Hall. He's better than any back who came out last year, but this years dynamic is different.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind taking Ojabo (sit until healthy) then with the next pick take the best pass rusher available to start straight away and another WR (Alec Pierce, hope he's there) at pick 100. That has your edge and WR room set for years.
Achilles injuries are real tricky. Few players ever come back the same.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

My guys:

2) Cam Thomas-sometimes watching him I think he might be the second coming off JJ Watt

3) David Ojabo-can he return to form after Achilles injury? Does he continue to slide

It might take a trade up to get any of the three. I’m all for it! Go get one please
What about Ebikitie (Sp?)?

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
1-Breece Hall - could be a workhorse, three down back. I'd say it's a luxury to take him with Conner on the team.
2-Bernhard Raimann - Fantastic athlete but needs a lot of work.
8-Sean Rhyan - Really like Rhyan. I think his potential at guard is pretty good, and he could be a swing G/T backup early on. Thick legs and butt. Can move and move people.
10-Travis Jones - There was some chatter he could be in play for the Cardinals and he would make sense.
11-Demarvin Leal - Agree on Leal. Definitely a 3-4 end who has been miscast as an edge or tackle. Fairly productive player and a good athlete on film.
12-Logan Hall - agree he has to be considered. The Cardinals could use at least one more DL with upside.
13-Josh Paschal - if Mafe and Ebiketie are gone, Paschal would be my edge choice. I like to have at least one speed guy, but I like his overall game.
15-Boye Mafe - Tremendous athlete who is just scratching the surface. Could be one of the best players in this draft years from now...or could be a tease.
16-Arnold Ebiketie - some drafts Ebiketie goes first round, but I think teams wanted receivers so bad that it pushed edge guys down.
17-Andrew Booth - CB is near the bottom of my list of wants, but Booth should be considered.
These are my guys from your list.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have a feeling Keim is going to use that extra 3rd rounder to trade up and get someone he loves. That 3rd gets us up about 10 spots. Ironically the Ravens are there so could trade them back their own pick :)

But there are going to be some good players available at #55 also. Round 1 was already nuts. Round 2 going to be the same.

My personal preference would be Arnold Ebikitie, which would likely require a trade up, or Drake Jackson is we stay where we are.

But I think Keim is going to go all in on offense and patch the defensive holes in FA/trade. So I'm thinking he goes either of the running backs.

Imagine this offense with Nuk, Brown, Green, Moore, Ertz, Maxx, Conner and Kenneth Walker.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Gimme a solid IOL, if there are any of value left.

It's tempting but...

How many day 2 OL start right away? Especially for the Cards. I'm thinking if someone is going to take time to learn I'd rather do that with a 3rd rounder.

I want immediate impact starter for round 2.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
It's tempting but...

How many day 2 OL start right away? Especially for the Cards. I'm thinking if someone is going to take time to learn I'd rather do that with a 3rd rounder.

I want immediate impact starter for round 2.
I get ya. I don't know if there are any IOL guys available that folks would view as a day-1 starter. I wouldn't be upset with an edge rusher in the 2nd. Problem is, we still have a big need on the OL, IMO, and it would be really dumb to get the weapon and then not get KM the help he needs having time to throw to that weapon. We need a starter inside, be it from the draft or the scrap heap.

Dynomite

Veteran
Reaction score

My guys:

Bonnito was basically oklahomas whole defense. I think he could be a good pick

outcent13

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
If ojobo is there I would take him and draft another edge later. Wouldn’t surprise me to see the Cards draft two offensive linemen and two pass rushers between today and tomorrow.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Ed Ingram or Jamaree Salyer me please since I don’t think Mafe or Ebikeite will will make it to the 2nd rounder.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
There will be 4 QB’s taken tonight, which will leave some players for us. I think that’s partially why Keim made that trade yesterday. With no run on QB’s this year, there almost had to be a run on WR.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
my inclination is to stay put-- i like that second 3rd rounder as a "bonus" pick that can be used on something extra:

an explosive RB
a good CB prospect
young TE?

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I get ya. I don't know if there are any IOL guys available that folks would view as a day-1 starter. I wouldn't be upset with an edge rusher in the 2nd. Problem is, we still have a big need on the OL, IMO, and it would be really dumb to get the weapon and then not get KM the help he needs having time to throw to that weapon. We need a starter inside, be it from the draft or the scrap heap.

LT: Humphries (28) LG: Pugh (31) C: Hudson (32) RG: Murray (28)-Hernandez (26), RT: Beachum (32)-Jones (24)

Highly doubt you'll find a Day-2 O-lineman that is more than an apprentice this season, and there's little of added value in the FA list.

Our 0-line (health caveat, per usual) is better than going into last season.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If that report of Linderbaum being our pick is true, then I think Cam Jurgens will be our 2nd round pick.