SOCCER FANS: Need your opinion on a new Phoenix Rising FC and MLS soccer forum

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Calling all soccer fans!

We need your opinion. Are you guys interested in a new "Phoenix Rising FC and MLS" forum?

phoenix_rising_fc-png.24936

Currently I've been putting all Phoenix Rising FC posts in the "Phoenix Mercury/Other Arizona Sports" forum. It just doesn't seem right to be spamming the Mercury forum with these posts. That is why I'm suggesting we add an additional forum for our Arizona Professional Soccer team.

Phoenix Rising FC is currently in the USL (United Soccer League) and is one of a dozen teams applying for MLS expansion. They have already built a temporary stadium that you may have seen just north of the Tempe Marketplace on the north side of the 202. If they do become a MLS franchise they will immediately begin building their new larger climate controlled stadium on that same site.

I think it would be cool to be out in front of the MLS bid. Should Phoenix Rising become one of the MLS expansion teams we could then claim that we were the original fan message board for Phoenix Rising FC.

Also I believe that soccer has finally turned a corner here in the US. It has become extremely popular among people under the age of 45. MLS is as healthy as it has ever been. This new forum would allow fans of Phoenix Rising and MLS in general to discuss related topics.

What say you guys? Would you be in favor of this new forum?

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I would be in favor of the new forum.
I follow the MLS more than the Euro leagues, but then again I more of a casual fan of the MLS. The reason being is that there is no local team to cheer for.
The new forum would open the door for fans of the Phoenix Rising and MLS to post here.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
New forum - absolutely!! Hail Drogba!!

Would it make sense to have a Phoenix Rising Forum and then maybe have some sub-forums for those interested (I'm much more interested in EPL and Champions League than MLS... but that will change if Phoenix Rising joins MLS though, I'm sure)?

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Definitely interested here--been an LA Galaxy fan although this year I haven't followed them. But if my hometown got a team, I'd probably change my allegiance.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No new forum. There isn't the traffic to dictate it. It it takes off later, we should definitely add it.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No new forum. There isn't the traffic to dictate it. It it takes off later, we should definitely add it.

It is a chicken and egg thing. New forum will generate traffic. Doesn't hurt anything to try. If it fails, fold it back into current home.

OP
OP
MadCardDisease

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score

If you want to see real traffic you should have went to the first home game! Talk about a traffic nightmare! Took over an hour to park and many fans missed the game. Thankfully they have fixed that parking nightmare and it only took me 5-10 minutes in traffic to get parked a few weeks ago.

But seriously. We are already getting some good traffic from the current board members and the team has only had a hand full of games so far. I believe as more people find out about the forum the traffic will increase. Especially since Phoenix Risings season happens during the Cardinals offseason.

My hope was that we would be the trend setter.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If they are a local pro team, they deserve a forum. I mean.... The Mercury have a forum...

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If they are a local pro team, they deserve a forum. I mean.... The Mercury have a forum...

Hard to argue that logic. The Mercury have won titles though.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I get it - can we re-assess if we get the MLS bid?

If it were a full MLS team, I would be completely for it.

We had the Roadrunners here for quite a while and they didn't get a forum.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it were a full MLS team, I would be completely for it.

We had the Roadrunners here for quite a while and they didn't get a forum.
Not a full MLS team?

Sorry, I don't follow soccer at all, I just chimed in because it was the first thread on Tapatalk

Werent the road runners minor league? Is this soccer team minor league?

OP
OP
MadCardDisease

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not a full MLS team?

Sorry, I don't follow soccer at all, I just chimed in because it was the first thread on Tapatalk

Werent the road runners minor league? Is this soccer team minor league?

They are a USL team which is professional Division II. Phoenix Rising is one of 12 cities trying to land a MLS expansion team. There are 4 expansion team being added in the next two years. Phoenix is believed to be near the top of that list.

Last edited:

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
What if we changed "Mercury" to "Rising" on the existing forum?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What if we changed "Mercury" to "Rising" on the existing forum?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I don't like the idea of 'changing' it from Mercury to Rising. I would like to see a Mercury/Rising forum.

OP
OP
MadCardDisease

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
It is a chicken and egg thing. New forum will generate traffic. Doesn't hurt anything to try. If it fails, fold it back into current home.

Exactly why I would do it. Once the forum is created, that section will eventually be picked up by search engines and more trsffic/people will find it when searching for phx raising.