So long Q.

joshstmarie

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
6-1 w/o Anquan (2-0 playoffs?)

At first I just didnt want him back at all (last year), after he backed off, fired drew and shut his mouth I kinda went back to riding the fence on quan. now seeing this game the cards have clearly shown there is really no need for him AND not resigning him can possibly help us put money twords the defense...

If warner retires this year we will probably use it as a "reloading year" and why not use the time to get one of the 3rd recievers ready to go while finding some key defensive replacements to boot?

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
LOL. When I first saw the title, and who wrote it I was all ready to get into it.

But, I was wrong.

You do make a good point, and what you posted does have a good possibility of happening.

Whomever was not impressed by Early Doucet right now should check for a pulse.

Of course I would love to keep Boldin, but if Warner leaves I can see a way he could not be in AZ next year.......ugh, that hurts to say. Cause I love watching Boldin play and want him to stay in AZ.

Rats

Somanyfreaks,SofewCircus'
Reaction score
Yep, Early played lights out today. 2-0 in playoffs without the Q. That is all.

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
I love Q, but if we got a 1st or 2nd rounder that could be put into a blitizing OLB or a CB I would do it in a heartbeat. We need better corners like I needed a pacemaker in the 2nd half.

doctor

Registered
Reaction score
I love him as much as anyone, but the record speaks for itself. It is a business and we cant pay him 8 or 9MM when he doesnt play a full season. I know he lays it on the line but we need to put the money in our defense....LB or DE

dogpoo32

meh
Reaction score
Dude helps get the team to the playoffs. Did Early have 1000 yards? How can you turn your back on such a pivotal player emotionally and on the field?

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
I love Q, but if we got a 1st or 2nd rounder that could be put into a blitizing OLB or a CB I would do it in a heartbeat. We need better corners like I needed a pacemaker in the 2nd half.

Funny.

Football is a tough business guys. Bad teams overpay their aging superstars.

If Q could just stay healthy, it would be a different story. But he can't.

He's worth four or five million a year for four years. 10 guaranteed.

dogpoo32

meh
Reaction score
I love him as much as anyone, but the record speaks for itself. It is a business and we cant pay him 8 or 9MM when he doesnt play a full season. I know he lays it on the line but we need to put the money in our defense....LB or DE

Yeah and the Patriots went 16 an 0 and lost the superbowl. So what?We have never been to the playoffs, in the past decade, without Q on the team.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Can Early provide the GAMness? No. Q is a lifetime Cardinal. We owe him that.

I Agree Boldin should be a lifetime Cardinal, whether that will be the case is highly questionable.

I just hope Boldin enjoyed the show, we owed him one since he has given us so many great moments.

dogpoo32

meh
Reaction score
I Agree Boldin should be a lifetime Cardinal, whether that will be the case is highly questionable.

I just hope Boldin enjoyed the show, we owed him one since he has given us so many great moments.

That's my mindset. IF the Cards do decide to trade him, I don't know how you can get back, or replace, everything he has meant to this team. That said, if they decide to trade, then so be it. I just can't understand the greedy mentality that we should trade him for an unproven commodity. GAM's are not easy to find.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I can totally see him being gone. But the record is pretty silly as an argument. Sample size is WAY to small. Like I said beofre thats like saying that the Broncos and the Giants were awesome teams after 6 weeks. when they were 6-0 and 5-1.

To few a games to get the big picture. This team without a doubt is better with Q. But they are also good without him and Early finally showed a glimpse of what we have been looking for. But One game is not enough playoffs or not to sell the farm on Q. Q has 7 years of production. Not 1 playoff game.

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
That's my mindset. IF the Cards do decide to trade him, I don't know how you can get back, or replace, everything he has meant to this team. That said, if they decide to trade, then so be it. I just can't understand the greedy mentality that we should trade him for an unproven commodity. GAM's are not easy to find.

It's not a greedy mentality to think that the Cardinals, at this point, can gain more from trading Q than they will from keeping him for just one more year.

At this point you can't give him an extension (he may not want one, isn't worth what he wants anyway), and they have holes to fill elsewhere. Trading him for players/picks that can potentially fill those holes are is a better idea than letting him ride out the rest of the contract and seeing him leave for nothing, especially when it seems like there are viable replacements for him already on the roster.

sportznutt

Canadian Card
Reaction score

I may have said that last draft......the LB's were amazing in that draft.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

I understand your point but how do we put the money into the defense, we cannot sign any FA's unless we lose some of our own, price of making the playoffs. A trade would make sense but I doubt we get fair value for him. I do not think anyone is going to give us a 1st rounder which is what he is worth, no one is going to pay a Roy Williams ransom like DAL did last year. So if you can't get equal value in a trade we might as well keep him.

dogpoo32

meh
Reaction score
It's not a greedy mentality to think that the Cardinals, at this point, can gain more from trading Q than they will from keeping him for just one more year.

At this point you can't give him an extension (he may not want one, isn't worth what he wants anyway), and they have holes to fill elsewhere. Trading him for players/picks that can potentially fill those holes are is a better idea than letting him ride out the rest of the contract and seeing him leave for nothing, especially when it seems like there are viable replacements for him already on the roster.

See that's just it. Before this game no one thought Doucet could carry Q's jock. One game does not make a player. Q is a warrior, and he's proven this. There are tons of holes, but this team has had success with a stacked WR corps. If anything, and I am a Leinart backer, we need to look for a gunslinger QB to replace Warner. We are not going to fix our defense with what we get in return for Q. There are too many holes. Next year we get COdy Brown back, and have a chance to see what Toler, Will Davis and others can do. Plus the draft and FA. Tell me one player on the team that does not view Q as a leader? If he goes, and Warner goes, who steps up?

Reddog

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Funny.

Football is a tough business guys. Bad teams overpay their aging superstars.

If Q could just stay healthy, it would be a different story. But he can't.

He's worth four or five million a year for four years. 10 guaranteed.

You pay him the 4-5M for posterity sake but at some point he takes reps from a younger capable Doucet. If you have Fitz, Breaston and Doucet you have a longer term plan to sustain a good O. The QB will be our issue. Maybe Philly lets McNabb go and we grab the AZ resident while we develop a draft pick QB for a couple years.

Last edited:

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
The problem with Q is a combination of money and health. The fact is that he wants 6+ million a year (I believe I heard that he wanted more than that), and the fact that he plays a style of football that puts him on the sideline. I would love to see Q finish his career in AZ, and I would like to think that this organization owes him that. However, if it comes down to signing Q OR signing Dansby/Rolle/Dockett, we just can't afford to do it. Reggie left the Eagles. Jerry Rice left San Fran. Emmitt left Dallas. Favre left Green Bay. I don't like it, but this is the reality of today's NFL.

AntSports Steve

Cardinals Future GM
Reaction score
With next year being Qs last under contract with the Cards, I see him actually holding out this time until he gets a new deal.

Why would he hold out this year when he has threatened a hold out before, but has always played?

It's about Money. Pure and Simple. He collected his $10M bonus years ago. Is schedule to make about $2.75M for 2010. He could playout his contract for that and be a free agent in 2011, but why risk it. If he got injured in 2010, his next contract would be greatly reduced, possible be forced to play an incentive laten short contract.

But, if he holds out, he either gets a new contract from the Cards or some other team that probably includes a $10M bonus.

So, when given the choice of playing and risking his future for $2.75M or waiting and holding out and getting $10M bonus, what would you do?

You would of course hold out. And so will Boldin next year.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
The Cardinals should make an offer, but it won't be good enough IMO.

His worth to us is not always what he's worth and unless he gives us the home team discount he'll probably be packaged for picks.

I don't expect a holdout.

Some team in need of a WR will step up and give us a good enough offer to trade him and the reason we trade him is simple math.

He's worth more to us in terms of what we can get than on the team, it's no reflection on him, it's just a reflection on our needs as a team.

He deserves a lot of money but we made our choice when we reworked Ftiz's deal, Boldin knew that and that's why he's been actting like he has.

At least this year he's resigned himself to do it with class and I hope he stays but I'm realistic that probably won't happen.