So Glad We Had No Interest in Josh Freeman

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
No compensation needed to get him, 25 years old, and with a couple decent seasons already. With Palmer/Stanton/Lindley as our QB's, it's unconscionable that we had zero interest in bringing Freeman in.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Freeman is not the answer.

Time to stop digging through the bargain bin for QBs and get one fresh off the shelf.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Alex Smith is managing games in KC quite well. He was there for the picking and we picked the guy who lobs int after int

OP
OP
ASUCHRIS

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Freeman is not the answer.

Time to stop digging through the bargain bin for QBs and get one fresh off the shelf.

You completely miss the point. He may not be the answer, but what's the harm, when your alternative is our QB rotation?

Sure, his stock is down, but he's only 25, has shown some flashes, and has played for the worst coach in football the last 2 years.

Are you seriously arguing you'd prefer to see our current QB's go out there every week for the rest of the year, instead of Freeman? Would love to hear your explanation on that one.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
You completely miss the point. He may not be the answer, but what's the harm, when your alternative is our QB rotation?

Sure, his stock is down, but he's only 25, has shown some flashes, and has played for the worst coach in football the last 2 years.

Are you seriously arguing you'd prefer to see our current QB's go out there every week for the rest of the year, instead of Freeman? Would love to hear your explanation on that one.

And if you draft one early what purpose does picking up Freeman serve?

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No compensation needed to get him, 25 years old, and with a couple decent seasons already. With Palmer/Stanton/Lindley as our QB's, it's unconscionable that we had zero interest in bringing Freeman in.

How do you know we did not have interest? I can tell you that I read 4 weeks ago he wanted to be a Viking, so we will never know.

TJ

Reaction score

Bringing in Freeman would be no different than bringing in Palmer to replace Kolb. Not a long-term solution. It's time to look to the draft and get the guy who can man the position for 8-10 years.

TJ

Reaction score
How do you know we did not have interest? I can tell you that I read 4 weeks ago he wanted to be a Viking, so we will never know.

It was reported by one if the Big 3 that the Cards had no interest.

OP
OP
ASUCHRIS

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Bringing in Freeman would be no different than bringing in Palmer to replace Kolb. Not a long-term solution. It's time to look to the draft and get the guy who can man the position for 8-10 years.

Seriously? How do you know he can't be a long term solution? Granted, it's not likely that he turns into a star, but where is the risk? The chance that Palmer suddenly stops sucking, as he has in every game?

Again, nobody is calling him a savior or necessarily a solution. He would have cost nothing, and there is at least a small chance he could be salvaged as an NFL starter. We certainly have nobody on the roster with that potential and draft picks are no guarantee either.

If he's awful, draft someone, simple solution. There is no excuse for us to have no interest in Freeman.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Seriously? How do you know he can't be a long term solution? Granted, it's not likely that he turns into a star, but where is the risk? The chance that Palmer suddenly stops sucking, as he has in every game?

Again, nobody is calling him a savior or necessarily a solution. He would have cost nothing, and there is at least a small chance he could be salvaged as an NFL starter. We certainly have nobody on the roster with that potential and draft picks are no guarantee either.

If he's awful, draft someone, simple solution. There is no excuse for us to have no interest in Freeman.

A mediocre to poor starting QB gets us where? That's what Freeman is. If this team wants to win consistently, for a long period of time & competing for a SB you have to have a stud QB!!! Freeman isn't even close to that guy.

How do I know what Freeman is? Have you ever watched him? He had 1 good year out of 4...he is what he is.

OP
OP
ASUCHRIS

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
A mediocre to poor starting QB gets us where? That's what Freeman is. If this team wants to win consistently, for a long period of time & competing for a SB you have to have a stud QB!!! Freeman isn't even close to that guy.

You completely miss the point. Let's try this again:

"nobody is calling him a savior or necessarily a solution. He would have cost nothing, and there is at least a small chance he could be salvaged as an NFL starter. We certainly have nobody on the roster with that potential and draft picks are no guarantee either.

If he's awful, draft someone, simple solution."

TJ

Reaction score

One of the reasons the team has struggled to find a QB is doing exactly what you're asserting--taking scraps from other teams and praying they can succeed. Signing Freeman would be perpetuating the cycle. Plus, the $3 mil it would've taken to sign him would take away from the opportunity to re-sign someone like Dansby, so yes, it is a waste from that standpoint.

As for Freeman as a talent--I'll pass. He does not offer next-level production that guys like Wilson, Luck, etc. have. Freeman is much like Palmer was when he was with the Bengals. Good enough to make GMs think they have to hold onto him because of the fear that there isn't a better option, but bad enough to keep a franchise from being a perennial contender. Arguably, Freeman got worse as his career progressed. 54% completion last season and oftentimes looked completely lost.

2014's QB class is impressive. Much to the fans' chagrin, the best interest for the team is to just grin-and-bear it for now and wait to see how the draft plays out next year.

Last edited:

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
There was no interest to be had. He was a veteran who was not subjected to being claimed. He chose his team

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You completely miss the point. Let's try this again:

"nobody is calling him a savior or necessarily a solution. He would have cost nothing, and there is at least a small chance he could be salvaged as an NFL starter. We certainly have nobody on the roster with that potential and draft picks are no guarantee either.

If he's awful, draft someone, simple solution."

I agree with your thinking ASUCHRIS.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Stop this nonsense. Freeman blows. We need to keep drafting QB's EVERY year until we get our guy. You can't win without one! BTW, Arians blows too. Only the Cardinals would hire a 60 yr old who has really never been a HC before. Other than a 2 week stretch, Pagano was running that team behind the scenes. The sooner he's gone, the sooner we can TRY to find a real HC. God, we're a cursed franchise!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave