Simmons

Rohinaz

All Star
Reaction score
You lost me at the bolded part. IMO he's not even the best S of the past 5 years at LSU let alone the last generation. Jamal Adams is that guy. He's not even the best player in his own secondary this year..... Derek Stingley takes him to the woodshed IMO.

He will be a first round pick but IMO he shouldn't have won the Thorpe award either. Okudah got ROBBED IMO.

He's a weak tackler, with a thin frame, at the most important deep position on the field. I don't think he will ever be as good as an Eric Berry, Earl Thomas, Eric Weddle, etc. or any of the other HOF level safeties of this generation.

Simmons is a better Safety than Delpit IMO and a better LBer all at the same time.

Jamal adams was also a once in a generation talent but plays a position more like we use Budda (all over the field). Delpit was considered the best safety in football as a true sophmore. He was top 3 or 5 in most mocks until he hurt his ankle and had missed tackles. If you want a LB then of course, draft simmons, but if you are looking for a rangey safety to play next to budda and cover TEs, Delpit is prob the better pick. I think they said on TV he Delpit only allowed 7 receptions in coverage this year.

We need a Safety and we definitely need a MLB who can run. Delpit is a good tackler, he only had the issues with missed tackles when he had the bum ankle.

Another interesting player from LSU is K'lavon Chaisson. Hes a freak of nature and will blow up the combine. Had a big injury his sophomore year, doesnt have the sacks you would want to see in a 1st round pick, but he sure has the ability.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Drafting Simmons we would still have a chance of getting Ruggs in the second round?
No one is trading a first for him. Hell, no one is trading anything, not to say he's bad. It just doesn't work that way in the NFL. If he were a proven elite talent, maybe, but he's not. But he's gonna get paid.

My real concern is about a protracted hold out.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
He’ll be there unless he’s MVP of the national championship.
I agree most mocks have him going between 10-15. I don’t see anything that suggests Simmons will be gone by 8.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Rohinaz said:
Only thing that worries me about Simmons is the cardinals drafting a guy high hoping he can play a different position. Ala Reddick, and Brandon William's.

That is a good point...Delpit was basically a lock to be top 10 until his injury this year. I wonder if he will shoot back up draft boards after the combine.

I disagree on Simmons though...he won't be asked to play a different position (he plays them all now).

Hey Rohinaz - I apologize...think I am wrong here. I don't believe Simmons has played ILB. OLB, S, and CB.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard