Signings, Trades, Rumors including Suns and NBA

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I could get down with a Saric for Larry Nance Jr swap.

Larry Nance Jr. has missed 8 games with a reported knee injury. He should be alright from what I understand but he is still out.

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
That's the problem. Most of the candidates for PGOTF on other teams will be hard to pry away. Not many teams with a surplus of them or looking to get rid of the ones they have.

Dejounte is a pretty good fit next to Booker, but was surprised to see that he's older than Devin by a month or so.

Other possibly available candidates after a quick look through rosters:
De'Aron Fox
Colin Sexton
Markelle Fultz (I know, this is scraping the bottom of the barrel)

I have no idea if they're actually available, but seems like these teams already have better candidates for their long-term PG needs.
Well, you could go after Cody White from the Bulls. lots of people wanted the Suns to draft him, but he sucks. Watch the Bulls slide now that Lonzo is out.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Larry Nance Jr. has missed 8 games with a reported knee injury. He should be alright from what I understand but he is still out.

Aren't the Blazers tanking? I know with Lillard out they are essentially lottery locks so I can't see them rushing anyone back.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, you could go after Cody White from the Bulls. lots of people wanted the Suns to draft him, but he sucks. Watch the Bulls slide now that Lonzo is out.

At least when Steve Nash left Phoenix they had Goran Dragic to turn too.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Aren't the Blazers tanking? I know with Lillard out they are essentially lottery locks so I can't see them rushing anyone back.

If the Trail Blazers aren't tanking they should. Lots of competition at the bottom in the West though.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Who are these teams tanking for? Not a big college basketball follower except UA and they have one..................

I haven't been following college basketball much so I am not a good source. Tankathon is my favorite draft reference.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Really? He did not get McGee last year when he was available, or any big man when it was an obvious need.

I would not bank on him making a good move.

Nobody on earth thought we were going to have the year we had also

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nobody on earth thought we were going to have the year we had also

Monty did see the Suns being a top team in the West. That should have been enough to make a move to strengthen the front court beyond Torey Craig.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Monty did see the Suns being a top team in the West. That should have been enough to make a move to strengthen the front court beyond Torey Craig.

Have you ever heard a coach say no we suck and don’t have a chance.

At the trade deadline last year nobody in this earth thought we would be 2 games from winning a championship.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

At the trade deadline last year nobody in this earth thought we would be 2 games from winning a championship.

That's not what I said though.

What I did say is "Monty did see the Suns being a top team in the West."

I wanted another big man added to the Suns roster before the trade deadline in the worst way if that counts.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That's not what I said though.

What I did say is "Monty did see the Suns being a top team in the West."

I wanted another big man added to the Suns roster before the trade deadline in the worst way if that counts.

But the trade deadline is when the choice needed to be made.

Like I said you ever heard a coach say anything different?

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But the trade deadline is when the choice needed to be made.

Like I said you ever heard a coach say anything different?

We will need to talk more about it later. Game time.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

True, but I did think we were going to have a top 4 seed, and maybe higher.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

This is revisionist history. We were already competing for the best record by the trade deadline last year.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
True, but I did think we were going to have a top 4 seed, and maybe higher.

You also had a meltdown wanting to avoid the Lakers in round 1. Let’s not act like you had all kinds of faith.

No we didn’t get a big man but JJ still did maybe the best job ever for a Suns GM in such a short time.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is revisionist history. We were already competing for the best record by the trade deadline last year.
Exactly, did I think we would make the finals, probably not due to our lack of experience, but I thought we had a small chance to. Not going after a big when it was an obvious need is not really excusable considering how cheap someone like McGee was.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Exactly, did I think we would make the finals, probably not due to our lack of experience, but I thought we had a small chance to. Not going after a big when it was an obvious need is not really excusable considering how cheap someone like McGee was.

Huh I don’t really remember a lot of the Suns competing for a championship talk at the trade deadline last year but apparently it was all over the place and everyone now says they knew the whole time

Interesting

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the Lakers truly wanted to blow it up:
-
Hollinger's analysis notwithstanding, the only team that really gets blown up by that trade is the Suns. Best possible deal for the 76ers, great deal for the future of the Lakers and a horrible deal for us in the long run and probably in the near future too.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Huh I don’t really remember a lot of the Suns competing for a championship talk at the trade deadline last year but apparently it was all over the place and everyone now says they knew the whole time

Interesting
As far as I remember nobody was saying we were a lock for the finals but by the middle of the season it was looking like a real possibility. Some or us maintained that we weren't as good as a fully healthy Nets, Lakers, or Clippers team but it was always known that full health was not likely for those teams and our chances against anyone else were excellent.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Hollinger's analysis notwithstanding, the only team that really gets blown up by that trade is the Suns. Best possible deal for the 76ers, great deal for the future of the Lakers and a horrible deal for us in the long run and probably in the near future too.

Nah you win championships with superstars. If healthy a lineup of Paul/Book/Cam/Lebron and a rim protector is out there it’s the overwhelming favorite this year and next.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As far as I remember nobody was saying we were a lock for the finals but by the middle of the season it was looking like a real possibility. Some or us maintained that we weren't as good as a fully healthy Nets, Lakers, or Clippers team but it was always known that full health was not likely for those teams and our chances against anyone else were excellent.
For someone to act like the above wasn’t the prevalent thought on the board means they weren’t paying attention or are simply loathe to admit they’re wrong.

Much of the board was clamoring for another big at the deadline and the buyout period, with a lot of the chatter specifically revolving around the idea that a healthy Lakers team would probably be the biggest competitor for the conference title, with the Clips next.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nah you win championships with superstars. If healthy a lineup of Paul/Book/Cam/Lebron and a rim protector is out there it’s the overwhelming favorite this year and next.
You mean superstars like AD, Lebron, Westbrook, Carmelo, Dwight Howard and DeAndre Jordan? Or did you mean superstars like Paul Pierce, Joe Johnson, Deron Williams, Andrei Kirilenko and Brook Lopez?

Building around old superstars might make you the overwhelming favorite if everyone is healthy and everyone clicks together but it's one hell of a risk. I wouldn't consider it even if we didn't already have a team in place capable of challenging for the championship.