Signings, Trades, Rumors including Suns and NBA

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
If the Suns had an adequate replacement for Saric it might have been enough. We don't know.

I know the Suns could have built a much better wall with Saric or another big man.
Yeah I think people forget how close the last three games were. Lost by 6, 4, and 7 and that’s taking FTs at the end. In each of those games they hung in the balance in the last two minutes. A slight edge by a big in two of those games - be it a key rebound (offensive or defensive), a block, a put back, stopping a drive, and suns are champions. For a 4-2 series it was actually very close despite our injuries.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah I think people forget how close the last three games were. Lost by 6, 4, and 7 and that’s taking FTs at the end. In each of those games they hung in the balance in the last two minutes. A slight edge by a big in two of those games - be it a key rebound (offensive or defensive), a block, a put back, stopping a drive, and suns are champions. For a 4-2 series it was actually very close despite our injuries.

In both games 4 and 5 we had the ball and a chance to take the lead in the final few possessions and in each we turned the ball over, one of them was Paul losing his dribble, as he was oft to do with his messed up hand and the other was Booker getting collapsed on in the paint. Better execution on either of those plays and I think we, at the least, likely earn a game 7 at home.

That series was a razors edge.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kemba Walker is now completely out of the Knicks rotation. His contract matches Dario almost exactly. The Knicks are going to want to deal him I think. Throw them a pick and Dario and it could happen.

He would be a defensive liability, but would be the kind of offensive addition we might want. Just an idea.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Kemba Walker is now completely out of the Knicks rotation. His contract matches Dario almost exactly. The Knicks are going to want to deal him I think. Throw them a pick and Dario and it could happen.

He would be a defensive liability, but would be the kind of offensive addition we might want. Just an idea.

He was given away by Boston, cut by OKC, and now the Knicks have no use for him. He might be a slight upgrade over Payton but I'd rather hang onto Dario and see if we can find another trade using his contract.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He was given away by Boston, cut by OKC, and now the Knicks have no use for him. He might be a slight upgrade over Payton but I'd rather hang onto Dario and see if we can find another trade using his contract.
I worry about his injuries but I'm not sure we could find a better option than Walker to upgrade our guard play off the bench if he can pass a physical.

Last edited:

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

His knee is trashed. He needs to retire.

The knicks have the worst starting PG situation in the league - if he can't help them, he can't help anyone.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd like for the Suns to minimally add a point guard on a two-way contract.

James Jones is pretty good at finding players flying under the radar.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'd like for the Suns to minimally add a point guard on a two-way contract.

James Jones is pretty good at finding players flying under the radar.
But the fun of it right now for us is to try to figure out who that may be.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But the fun of it right now for us is to try to figure out who that may be.

I've always liked Raul Neto as a third point guard if the Wizards ever decide to give him up.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
As much as I don't like it, Schroeder might be the best pick-up. He is on a cheap one-year deal and Boston will not likely sign him this summer, so the trade cost probably won't be much. Not sure what Boston is really wanting. It depends on how much they think they need him for the playoffs. They do need a 4/5. Saric or Kaminsky, if they are able to play by playoff time could help them. So could Stix.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is a very interesting thread on RealGM. "List the 5 Most Available Players for Trade on Your Roster". shopping list.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
As much as I don't like it, Schroeder might be the best pick-up. He is on a cheap one-year deal and Boston will not likely sign him this summer, so the trade cost probably won't be much. Not sure what Boston is really wanting. It depends on how much they think they need him for the playoffs. They do need a 4/5. Saric or Kaminsky, if they are able to play by playoff time could help them. So could Stix.
I would still rather have a wing.

If we are going to make a trade with Stix I would actually rather get someone like Gordon - even though I think his contract makes him a questionable asset.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Schroeder is not going to be happy as a 3rd string PG, the dude just blew his chance at 80 million bucks, coming here to play behind Cam Payne, likely getting a ton of "DNP - coaches decision" would be an issue.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Schroeder is not going to be happy as a 3rd string PG, the dude just blew his chance at 80 million bucks, coming here to play behind Cam Payne, likely getting a ton of "DNP - coaches decision" would be an issue.

I think Brad Wanamaker is available. He signed a 10-day contract with the Wizards but I think it expired.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
the bottom line is that i wouldn't make a major trade on a team with the best record this year, a game back of the best record last year, and that came within 2 games of the championship

but, as usual, Booker is pissing me off with his bad decision making -- taking bad shots, too many shots (35 tonight), bad fouls, bad passes, complaining to refs. Even his 48 point night was not to my liking because it was more Booker ball than Suns ball. (in his career, every other game he scored 48 or more in, we lost)

so, here's an interesting trade that would never happen but could work out for both teams. A healthy Lakers could make noise in the playoffs but are highly unlikely to go all the way (anything less is a failure for Lebron). They'd have a future with Booker. The Suns would be favorites with Lebron this year -- maybe next too.

You must be registered for see images attach

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
the bottom line is that i wouldn't make a major trade on a team with the best record this year, a game back of the best record last year, as well as coming 2 games from a championship

but, as usual, Booker is pissing me off with his bad decision making -- taking bad shots, too many shots (35 tonight), bad fouls, bad passes, complaining to refs. Even his 48 point night was not to my liking because it was more Booker ball than Suns ball. (in his career, every other game he scored 48 or more in, we lost)

so, here's an interesting trade that would never happen but could work out for both teams. A healthy Lakers could make noise in the playoffs but are highly unlikely to go all the way (anything less is a failure for Lebron). They'd have a future with Booker. The Suns would be favorites with Lebron this year -- maybe next too.

Can we trade you somewhere instead? Perhaps we can get the guys who taunted the "Suns in 4" guy for you.

Sending Booker to the Lakers to rent LeBron for a year or two before he and CP3 ride off into the sunset together is ridiculous.

I have virtually no interest in LeBron becoming a Sun. I'd rather lose than listen to the media gush about LeBron putting the Suns on the map, which is what they'd do, regardless of our past accolades.

The only way I'd accept LeBron as a Sun is if he's bought out and we sign him for the minimum. That isn't happening so I don't even debate who would get cut.

Last edited:

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
BTW the Suns are 13-2 when Booker scores 35+. They're 5-0 this year and were 8-2 last season.

They were 2-2 in the playoffs when he went for 40+. He didn't have any games scoring between 35-39 in the playoffs, so I just listed 40+ games.

He has 3 games in the last 2 seasons in which he's gone for 40+ during the regular season, which is why I expanded that to 35+.

It's not all Chris Paul either. The Suns were 11-5 when Booker went for 35+ just 2 years ago, when Rubio was PG and before Paul was here.

That's 26-9 over the last 3 years, including the playoffs. If you think Booker scoring is a problem then you aren't paying attention. Despite having a great record the last 2 seasons, our winning percentage is better when Booker scores big vs when he doesn't.

Last edited:

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
the bottom line is that i wouldn't make a major trade on a team with the best record this year, a game back of the best record last year, and that came within 2 games of the championship

I would rather lose FOREVER than have LesBron on my team for 1 season. Even if it meant the championship.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

@1Sun’s cousin is back again, huh?

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
i wouldn't do the trade either.

i don't want Lebron (i would have stopped following the Suns if Kobe had been on this team too)
i want to take our chances WITH Booker. all he has to do is apply a little more control and discipline -- shoot when he's open and periodically create his own shot to mix things up, and stop whining

anyway, the point is made. the trade is valid and logical. just not desirable to a lot of people, including me

the usual suspects showed up with the usual insults

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
when Book pushes and forces things he too often gets the ball stolen or throws the ball to a defender

CP3 and the other Suns turnovers are rarely as ugly as Booker's

Paul had his pass picked twice tonight after he faked a 3 because everyone knows he's much more likely to pass than shoot now. but he's smart. watch him correct that error

keep making the same mistakes. keep getting criticized
and perhaps be included in a trade proposal now and then

bonus shot: to mature, Kyler needs a stronger coach to steer him instead of just giving him the keys. Booker improved under Monty and with CP3. To go further, both Kyler and Booker need to make better decisions)

Last edited:

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What would it take to get Buddy Hield?

The Kings are a mess

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
What would it take to get Buddy Hield?

The Kings are a mess
Hield is getting $22.3 million this year and is signed for three more years. I think bringing him in would complicate signing CamJ. Basketball-wise, I can see the value.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hield is getting $22.3 million this year and is signed for three more years. I think bringing him in would complicate signing CamJ. Basketball-wise, I can see the value.

Damn he’s getting paid