Signings, Trades, Rumors including Suns and NBA

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Uh. Great and all but it's just one game.

This is what Shamet is capable of doing. I want to see more. I especially liked the way he handled and distributed the ball.

That extra ball handler I've been wanting may already be on the roster.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step, a new normal in basketball begins with a single game. Or so we hope.
Or a single shot. Like when Shamet hits his first shot in other games and goes on a tear shooting … ah, forget it.

LOL at anointing Shamet as a must keep after one game. We’ll keep him but it ain’t because of last night. We’re keeping him because a) he’s one of Monty’s guys and b) nobody else wants him right now.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Or a single shot. Like when Shamet hits his first shot in other games and goes on a tear shooting … ah, forget it.

LOL at anointing Shamet as a must keep after one game. We’ll keep him but it ain’t because of last night. We’re keeping him because a) he’s one of Monty’s guys and b) nobody else wants him right now.
Yeah it's too early to say his problems are fixed but I have no problem with anyone wanting to believe it's true until he proves otherwise.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is what Shamet is capable of doing. I want to see more. I especially liked the way he handled and distributed the ball.

That extra ball handler I've been wanting may already be on the roster.

we haven't seen Shamet have a complete game like that pretty much all year. to say it's what he's capable of doing is a bit of a stretch. that was his absolute ceiling last night and something that shouldn't be expected on a regular basis.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
we haven't seen Shamet have a complete game like that pretty much all year. to say it's what he's capable of doing is a bit of a stretch. that was his absolute ceiling last night and something that shouldn't be expected on a regular basis.

I don't think it's the celing on Shamet but whether he can repeat it on a consistent basis is another question.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Shamet had good numbers last year, and watching him this year, i see why the Suns signed him. as he showed last night, he can do a little bit of everything. has good fundamentals, makes sound decisions.

but there's no getting around him delivering once in a full half of the season. coincidence that the delivery comes immediately after the replacement rumor? yet, it's not that he hasn't been trying.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shamet had good numbers last year, and watching him this year, i see why the Suns signed him. as he showed last night, he can do a little bit of everything. has good fundamentals, makes sound decisions.

but there's no getting around him delivering once in a full half of the season. coincidence that the delivery comes immediately after the replacement rumor? yet, it's not that he hasn't been trying.

This is Shamet's fourth team since he entered the NBA in the 2018 draft.

I wanted more immediate results but If I step back a bit perhaps this is unrealistic. Maybe he just needs a home with a consistent coach. Anyway, since the Suns have him signed to a multi-year contract, he deserves a good look.

I do like the upside of him playing some point guard which he did in college.

1tinsoldier

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
maybe the Suns are looking for a "shooter" to replace Shamet so they could put the Elf-on-the-shelf, and have Shamet get whatever minutes Payton would have got this season

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
maybe the Suns are looking for a "shooter" to replace Shamet so they could put the Elf-on-the-shelf, and have Shamet get whatever minutes Payton would have got this season

If the Suns add a player it may well depend upon BPA.

Shamet might be able to play either guard position as he was a point guard in college. Since Wainright is getting minutes it shows the Suns could use some depth at forward as well.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If the Suns add a player it may well depend upon BPA.

Shamet might be able to play either guard position as he was a point guard in college. Since Wainright is getting minutes it shows the Suns could use some depth at forward as well.
Wainright has surprised me a little. There is a little Torrey Craig in him.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wainright has surprised me a little. There is a little Torrey Craig in him.

I really like the toughness and attitude Ish Wainright brings to the table. If only he were a few inches taller. Obviously Monty likes him a lot.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Ish has the game seemingly slowed down for him. The last couple games he is getting a good rhythm on his 3 point shot instead of hurrying the stroke like he was doing earlier.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I like the sound of this.

So Goran finishes his NBA career where he started? Lots of speculation going on in the media.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For more talk about the Suns adding a player one can listen to the audio part of PHNX Suns Podcast at about the 51 minute mark.

Yes, you can hear from Flex From Jersey!

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Oh man... that would be ginormous if he’s healthy.
Yeah. I could go for that one. His game would fit here and as a buyout he would be really cheap. He would be exactly what I was hoping for--as a basketball player.

I am still holding a grudge against him for how he left town.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Oh man... that would be ginormous if he’s healthy.
So. Can two teams work out a deal like this? The Raptors let Goran work out a deal with the Suns. Then they work out a deal with Goran for a buyout. The Suns send some compensation (pick, young player etc) to Toronto as compensation for releasing Goran so he can sign with the Suns. Seems like it's circumventing the rules, but is it legal?

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Yeah. I could go for that one. His game would fit here and as a buyout he would be really cheap. He would be exactly what I was hoping for--as a basketball player.

I am still holding a grudge against him for how he left town.
Nah, that regime with us was a total mess. I can see where he was felling disrespected. He was the original PG, and then they just kept signing PGs. At some point anyone would feel like they were being moved, disrespected, ignored, etc. It would be like your wife/girlfriend bringing in other guys to share the love...... :p

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So. Can two teams work out a deal like this? The Raptors let Goran work out a deal with the Suns. Then they work out a deal with Goran for a buyout. The Suns send some compensation (pick, young player etc) to Toronto as compensation for releasing Goran so he can sign with the Suns. Seems like it's circumventing the rules, but is it legal?
Yeah I'm pretty sure it's illegal.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I'm only speculating but if the Raptors are interested in buying out Dragic, I don't see why his agent can't shop around for a new home. It's not a trade so if Dragic is bought out he can go anywhere he wants. Dragic might accept less in a buyout because the Suns can offer him part of the MLE.

IMO, it's not much different than when Tim Thomas was bought out and came to Phoenix. Everyone new it was going to happen.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

I like the sound of this.
LOL, this was talked about for 2 minutes at the end of the latest PHNX podcast. There is nothing to it and very lame attempt by whoever this is to be edgy. MUCH more intriguing to me is the discussion about Harrison Barnes. Can you imagine getting him on a buyout?

Plus, why would he come here? Is Cam Payne really going to lose minutes? That makes no sense. And we know Goran won't want to be #3.

Last edited:

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think some guys have their agents tell teams not to pick them, they won't sign, when looking for a particular team.
Sure but that's quite a bit different and legal as they are not under contract.