Siakam

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well has been noted on this board many many times, my faith in James Jones is far less than the majority of posters on here apparently.

I don't think for a second Jones had a damn thing to do with getting chris Paul here, CP3 called the Suns. Then Jones found out how much Booker wanted it to happen, and Monty was in favor so he did the deal. Never would have happened if Paul did not seek the Suns out IMO.

Even if happened the way you said one still has to give the GM credit for getting the trade done.

Also there is the matter of Cam Payne, Jae Crowder and Torrey Craig.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Even if happened the way you said one still has to give the GM credit for getting the trade done.

everything Jones has touched has turned to gold this year. It’s been amazing.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I say no. Why try to fix something that is not broken.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Yep, and I doubt Paul would have been interested in Phoenix if Monty wasn't the Head Coach and he was hired by James Jones. For all we know, JJ's stellar reputation amongst veteran NBA players might have had a lot to do with it.

OP
OP
Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Well has been noted on this board many many times, my faith in James Jones is far less than the majority of posters on here apparently.

I don't think for a second Jones had a damn thing to do with getting chris Paul here, CP3 called the Suns. Then Jones found out how much Booker wanted it to happen, and Monty was in favor so he did the deal. Never would have happened if Paul did not seek the Suns out IMO.
True. But a good gm takes advantage of opportunities. He also had to negotiate the deal. I’m pretty sure Paul hasn’t designed the suns side of the trade.

I have some healthy skepticism of jones as well, but it’s difficult to truly complain or nitpick as we are standing at the precipice of a championship.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep, and I doubt Paul would have been interested in Phoenix if Monty wasn't the Head Coach and he was hired by James Jones. For all we know, JJ's stellar reputation amongst veteran NBA players might have had a lot to do with it.

The Suns have come a long ways since James Jones was hired as GM in 2018. No doubt he is respected in the NBA community... more than I ever realized. He is so soft spoken that sometimes his success in transitioning the Suns to a contender goes unnoticed. Other than the trade for Chris Paul everything else has been mostly small methodical steps.

What's amazing the Suns are not near being a finished product but here we are in the Finals. It's hard to argue with results.

OP
OP
Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
The Suns have come a long ways since James Jones was hired as GM in 2018. No doubt he is respected in the NBA community... more than I ever realized. He is so soft spoken that sometimes his success in transitioning the Suns to a contender goes unnoticed. Other than the trade for Chris Paul everything else has been mostly small methodical steps.

What's amazing the Suns are not near being a finished product but here we are in the Finals. It's hard to argue with success.
Good observation. Paul was a swing for the fences move, but in a manner that didn’t require mortgaging the future. Everything else has been slow and steady. His patience has been rewarded in multiples.

Muggz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Eww idk I love Pascal but that's a lot to give up. He's closer to the competent PF type we need than Cam or Mikal. But damn man Cam AND Mikal?
Interest in Siakam is very high atm. With Dallas and GS trying to land him. So we would have to overpay for sure.