Siakam

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
With the talk of golden state maybe sending 7, 14 and the rookie center for Siakam it got me thinking.

would you send Bridges, cam Johnson, stix, and two first rounders for Siakam? He’s only 25. He’s bigger than our wings - legit PF. A big three of book, Ayton, and Siakam is very good for a very long time. Just fill in 3-D wings and ring chasing pgs.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With the talk of golden state maybe sending 7, 14 and the rookie center for Siakam it got me thinking.

would you send Bridges, cam Johnson, stix, and two first rounders for Siakam? He’s only 25. He’s bigger than our wings - legit PF. A big three of book, Ayton, and Siakam is very good for a very long time. Just fill in 3-D wings and ring chasing pgs.

Before this season? Probably. Now? No!

Why alter a legit contender that much? I know Paul is old and will need replaced sooner than later but giving away our depth at forward for a better scoring forward doesn't really help us all that much.

OP
OP
Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Before this season? Probably. Now? No!

Why alter a legit contender that much? I know Paul is old and will need replaced sooner than later but giving away our depth at forward for a better scoring forward doesn't really help us all that much.
Siakam is a third star you can rely upon. Neither Bridges nor cam have shown the ability Siakam has. Wings are usually the easiest slots to fill if all you need is 3 and D from them.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It’s going to take Draymond in that deal.

Siakam makes 30 million a year. Only two guys making any money on our team are Booker and Paul you’d have to trade half our roster to make money match

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The salaries have to work. Siakam will make $33,003,936 next season. It would take a boatload of players to make it work and likely have to involve a third team.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
It’s going to take Draymond in that deal.

Siakam makes 30 million a year. Only two guys making any money on our team are Booker and Paul you’d have to trade half our roster to make money match
Saric would have to be in it and at that point it’s just too many pieces gone.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Saric would have to be in it and at that point it’s just too many pieces gone.

he only makes 9 and even with Saric it still doesn’t match. Bridges and Cam both only make 4

maybe a sign and trade with Bridges and if it’s Bridges, Saric and two 1s then YES!! in a heart beat.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Suns don't even have a first round pick to trade until draft day and somewhere way down the line... maybe 2027.

There are easier targets for the Suns.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Siakam is 27. He doesn’t offer enough spacing to maximize our high pick and roll offense. He’s kind of like a better defending worse shooting Tobias Harris.

“Just fill in 3-D wings” isn’t easy. Cam and Mikal are both very very good on both ends of the floor for what they’re asked to do.

Getting rid of cheap young assets like Stix and two FRP is also not managerially sound. The Suns are about to REALLY need cheap assets.

WhyAlwaysMe

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
he only makes 9 and even with Saric it still doesn’t match. Bridges and Cam both only make 4

maybe a sign and trade with Bridges and if it’s Bridges, Saric and two 1s then YES!! in a heart beat.

Lol. Bridges probably has more asset value now than Siakam. Including three other decent assets is ludicrous.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Lol. Bridges probably has more asset value now than Siakam. Including three other decent assets is ludicrous.

not even close as to who has more value around the league here’s a hint it’s not Bridges

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If we can add a serviceable ****** at the 4/5 to the present roster, I think we are good to go for the next few years. We don't need to gut our roster for someone like Siakam. We just need to upgrade at the 4/5 from Saric/Kaminsky/Crowder, and as such Saric and Crowder are the only two rotation players I would give up in a trade.

Which 4/5 players are potentially available for the MLE?

1Sun

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
If we can add a serviceable ****** at the 4/5 to the present roster, I think we are good to go for the next few years. We don't need to gut our roster for someone like Siakam. We just need to upgrade at the 4/5 from Saric/Kaminsky/Crowder, and as such Saric and Crowder are the only two rotation players I would give up in a trade.

Which 4/5 players are potentially available for the MLE?

Seriously? Can't say "b a n g e r"?

OP
OP
Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I know you are trying to make the trade work but do you really think Toronto would do that trade?
Not really. I was just thinking we have been looking for a power player and those of siakam’s level don’t come available very often. GS’s deal would likely be preferable, but if it didn’t fly I’d think the suns would take a peek. As for gutting our depth you’d still likely have Craig and payne. And look what other teams have attracted when they’ve gutted their depth for superstars. I have little doubt we could easily fill in pieces around those three.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Didn't he get in a fight with the coach? Seems like the kind of headcase James Jones stays away from.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Why would we trade for him when we have a taller version in Smith? And he’s a bette three point shooter too.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why would we trade for him when we have a taller version in Smith? And he’s a bette three point shooter too.
You’re kidding, right? Smith is a human victory cigar right now while Siakam is a multiple all star who was a key piece of a title team. I wouldn’t mortgage the farm for him like Ouchie is suggesting but if there was a way to get him and we didn’t have to give up a ton, he’d be a great stretch 4 who can also create his own shot.

Vacard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You’re kidding, right? Smith is a human victory cigar right now while Siakam is a multiple all star who was a key piece of a title team. I wouldn’t mortgage the farm for him like Ouchie is suggesting but if there was a way to get him and we didn’t have to give up a ton, he’d be a great stretch 4 who can also create his own shot.
And Smith doesn’t have the potential to be like him now?? Siakam went to the G League too btw