Should the Cardinal take a flyer on Justyn Ross in the 6th Round

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The medicals are too risky. Red flagged by most if not all teams.

I'd draft red flag guys in the 6th all day.

90% going to be nothing more than a backup if they don't wash out. I'd rather risk on health and have great value if it works.

I'd draft Ross and Anderson.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It should be when you are taking a flyer on a UDFA or even a 7th round pick. The medicals are one thing but there is no reason not to take a chance that far down the line. We have wasted money on much healthier busts.
Exactly! 31 teams had a chance to grab him before the draft ended. Now KC could have a 1st round talent at the cost of a UDFA!

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Its, not about his talent
We took Ryan Swope in thr 6th round, who had less talent and major injury concerns. He didn't even make it to training camp before he retired from these injuries. It's worth the risk with Justyn.

Last edited:

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
This is one of those things where I don't understand, even taking bad medicals into account, why no one drafted him. But since all 32 teams passed I assume there's a very sound reason for it.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is one of those things where I don't understand, even taking bad medicals into account, why no one drafted him. But since all 32 teams passed I assume there's a very sound reason for it.

I'll never understand the philosophy in drafting guys like Luketa and Matthews, that have such a slim chance of making the 53 based on talent, over a guy obviously much more talented with medical issues.

I said the same thing last year when I was banging the table for Trey Smith in round 6 before the Chiefs drafted him. And he started every game at Guard and had a 72.3 PFF grade as a rookie.

We took Gowan (gone) and Dimukeje (likely gone).

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Apparently that neck condition he has is unprecedented the doctor that did the surgery said he's not aware of anybody ever playing NFL football with such a condition. But Ross could be the first.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Apparently that neck condition he has is unprecedented the doctor that did the surgery said he's not aware of anybody ever playing NFL football with such a condition. But Ross could be the first.
The reports were so bad that many teams felt permanent, incapacitating injury was likely. Sometimes you have to protect a player from himself. He‘s a great athlete and very competitive. I know most think it’s his life to risk, but I wouldn’t want to be the GM that had to live with a bad result. Winning isn’t worth someone‘s life. When you’re young sometimes you can’t see all the possibilities that lie before you especially if you‘ve had your heart set on one thing. I hope he does well and survives. I just don’t like the odds.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose