• Yes, trade him ASAP

• Maybe, depends on who is hired as coach

• No, let's see what he can do without Monty

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So your point is that the Suns have 4 studs and LA has 2.

I'm pointing out it is hard to build a surrounding roster with three stars and even harder with four stars.

The Suns have done it this season, but I suspect long term, it will be very difficult to continue to do so under the new CBA.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Who is this someone? We keep talking about how we need to get rid of Ayton but who do you replace him with? There is no one out there in free agency who is better than him. Teams with players at that position who is better than him wouldn’t want to trade us. Plus we don't have the assets to make a trade.
Agree. It’s why I take the Ayton trade talk with a grain of salt.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Looks like the sheen of this offseason has worn off already. Doom and gloom and we haven’t even played a game in next season yet. So be it.
This. Unless this team wins a title it will never stop…we should a would a could a.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
I don't see much doom and gloom on this site or online in general - maybe a couple fans but people like attention

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
Who is this someone? We keep talking about how we need to get rid of Ayton but who do you replace him with? There is no one out there in free agency who is better than him. Teams with players at that position who is better than him wouldn’t want to trade us. Plus we don't have the assets to make a trade.
I dont know... anyone? His +/- should not be hard to beat

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-07-05 4.58.12 AM.png
    Screenshot 2023-07-05 4.58.12 AM.png
    37.5 KB · Views: 11

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I dont know... anyone? His +/- should not be hard to beat
I grape about the a as much as anyone, but I'm not really sure what those +/-Numbers are really telling us. I would probably say last year's numbers are as much to do with terrible injuries this team had for long stretches as anything else.

And again I was somebody who thought that the starting lineup was just as good with McGee or even bismack Biyombo in 2021-22.

Joe

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I grape about the a as much as anyone, but I'm not really sure what those +/-Numbers are really telling us. I would probably say last year's numbers are as much to do with terrible injuries this team had for long stretches as anything else.

And again I was somebody who thought that the starting lineup was just as good with McGee or even bismack Biyombo in 2021-22.

Joe
I do think we got peak McGee! And I am a big McGee fan. I wanted us to pick him up and was thrilled we got him! I do think he's not playing as well with Dallas. I don't think we should bring him back in a trade with Dallas.

djm75

Rookie
Reaction score
This line from an old classic song popped up into my head today. It can’t possibly be about Ayton and the Suns in the playoffs, can it?

Maggie says that many say
They must bust in early May
Orders from the DA

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
To be honest, if Ayton even wants a sniff at another max deal in 3 years, he has to put in the effort to become a dominant rebounder / defender and take advantage of easy baskets he will get when he gets them because he isn't going to get more that 10 - 12 shots a game. His scoring is going to go down but that doesn't mean he can't earn another big bag by becoming a Top 5 rebounder / shot blocker before he hits UFA.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
To be honest, if Ayton even wants a sniff at another max deal in 3 years, he has to put in the effort to become a dominant rebounder / defender and take advantage of easy baskets he will get when he gets them because he isn't going to get more that 10 - 12 shots a game. His scoring is going to go down but that doesn't mean he can't earn another big bag by becoming a Top 5 rebounder / shot blocker before he hits UFA.

Maybe a max deal is no longer as important. Ayton has already achieved generational wealth.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Maybe a max deal is no longer as important. Ayton has already achieved generational wealth.

Wow! If that's how he feels. I heard a player on ESPN radio saying your second contract sets up you and your family. The third contract is supposed to be the generational contract. But yes, if he is smart with his money, this contract could be generational wealth.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
The days of he and CP3 are gone baby gone but if Ayton wants shots he can get shots - he's more than capable - and now with all the sniper assassins we signed the paint is going to be wide open - but I wouldn't get my hopes up

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

That maybe so but if you had a chance to get even more, most people would not be satisfied. We have to hope Vogel flip the switch in his head to realize do what is needed and your next deal will be even larger. I pity who pays him in 3 years because once he has another bag I think he really starts shutting it down.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

The days of he and CP3 are gone baby gone but if Ayton wants shots he can get shots - he's more than capable - and now with all the sniper assassins we signed the paint is going to be wide open - but I wouldn't get my hopes up
The thing is Booker and Beal are going to be putting up about 20 shots a game maybe more on some nights and Durant as efficient as he is will probably get close to that number. Unless Ayton is wide open or rim running, I don't think Vogel is going to run offense through Ayton. I think Vogel plans on turning Ayton into Clint Capela.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
I remember reading a book by a professional athlete talking about getting a million dollar contract back in the day when a million dollar contract was considered HUGE! He talked about everyone in his family wanting money for different things. He was saying his contract was taxed around 50%. So right away he was at a half million. Then his agent got 10% on his million. So he's now down to $400,000. I think I remember him saying, this is back when you could get a VERY nice house for $100,000 that he bought a house for his mom, so he's down to $300,000. Which was still big money back in the day. But no one in his family thought of him as a $300,000 guy. They all thought he had a million in his pockets. So why was he so stingy? LOL!

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
The thing is Booker and Beal are going to be putting up about 20 shots a game maybe more on some nights and Durant as efficient as he is will probably get close to that number. Unless Ayton is wide open or rim running, I don't think Vogel is going to run offense through Ayton. I think Vogel plans on turning Ayton into Clint Capela.
Exactamundo

Oops that wasn't the vid I wanted to post, that was a designed play

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That maybe so but if you had a chance to get even more, most people would not be satisfied. We have to hope Vogel flip the switch in his head to realize do what is needed and your next deal will be even larger. I pity who pays him in 3 years because once he has another bag I think he really starts shutting it down.

This is a rational way to think about it, but IMO, most players would give it 100% just to play in the NBA for a minimum contract.

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score

Joe
The eye ball test makes it even worse for DA - he will be gone by the deadline - the only reason he starts is to keep his trade value from getting to NIL

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s hard to support a guy who misses a playoff game because of a bruise.
I've had severely bruised ribs and I've had a badly bruised tailbone, I was laid up for weeks from each of them. I've had hundreds of bruises that ranged from ouch to OUCH without interrupting my daily routine. Not all bruises are created equal and just because some people can sometimes play through some bruises doesn't mean that everyone could or should be able to play through any bruise. Now, we're talking Mr Unmotivated, so there's every chance DA just used that as an excuse to make Monty look bad or something like that. But we don't know.

Town Drunk

Longest serving ASFN lurker
Reaction score
I've had severely bruised ribs and I've had a badly bruised tailbone, I was laid up for weeks from each of them. I've had hundreds of bruises that ranged from ouch to OUCH without interrupting my daily routine. Not all bruises are created equal and just because some people can sometimes play through some bruises doesn't mean that everyone could or should be able to play through any bruise. Now, we're talking Mr Unmotivated, so there's every chance DA just used that as an excuse to make Monty look bad or something like that. But we don't know.
I get that and I’ve had terrible deep bruises in the past. But then you juxtapose that with stories like:

I dunno. I would think a professional athlete getting paid millions of dollars would have the fire to play through something like that given the stakes.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I get that and I’ve had terrible deep bruises in the past. But then you juxtapose that with stories like:

I dunno. I would think a professional athlete getting paid millions of dollars would have the fire to play through something like that given the stakes.
Those stories stand out for a reason, they are exceptional. Yes some players have taken the court with broken bones and maybe even worse but DA isn't the first player to miss games because of a bruise. Maybe he's the first player to miss an important playoff game for a bruise but I highly doubt that. Anyway, there's already enough negativity on the internet to insure DA won't earn us anymore than a garbage player like Miles Turner.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
You don't finish the game after getting the injury, then make through an entire practice, but then miss the entire next (PLAYOFF ELIMINATION) game. That's nonsense. He didn't even try to play. Showed up in street clothes. DeAndre Ayton is a quitter, no way around it. 7 feet of heartlessness. Ben Simmons Bahamas edition

Look, if we're "all in" then we're all in. Why would we pretend this guy isn't who he's told us he is? Why would we let him sabotage our playoff hopes yet again? I'm trying my best not to harsh the vibe lately in here but I just can't wrap my head around people believing Ayton could finally grow a pair

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard