• Yes, trade him ASAP

• Maybe, depends on who is hired as coach

• No, let's see what he can do without Monty

Results are only viewable after voting.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
OMG we'll just have to disagree on this one my guy no need for the back and forth

if Ayton were "off this team" it means he'd be replaced - likely with someone who isn't a soft ass 7 foot tall mental midget that disappears during crunch time

How many times does he have to show you who he is - pedestrian when there's no pressure - agoraphobic when the pressure is on

There's only one reason someone would keep DeAndre Ayton on this team - and that's if they wanted Booker off it
Wow, you really seem to be missing my point. I know exactly who DA is and have known for a long time and that has nothing to do with why I think we are slightly better off with him. Just so it's clear, we aren't arguing over whether we'd be better off if he were elsewhere, we're arguing over whether we think we have the ability to replace him under the new CBA. It's quite possible I'm overreacting to what the new CBA has done to our opportunities to improve but it looks to me like our hands are tied.

If, (IF) we can get rid of DA and improve our team, I have long been in favor of doing so. I just don't think there's an idiot out there that is willing to swallow his ridiculous contract and still give us value for him because of the CBA changes. As far as I know, the only one dumb enough to do something like that has probably been advising our owner these past few months.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Wow, you really seem to be missing my point. I know exactly who DA is and have known for a long time and that has nothing to do with why I think we are slightly better off with him. Just so it's clear, we aren't arguing over whether we'd be better off if he were elsewhere, we're arguing over whether we think we have the ability to replace him under the new CBA. It's quite possible I'm overreacting to what the new CBA has done to our opportunities to improve but it looks to me like our hands are tied.

If, (IF) we can get rid of DA and improve our team, I have long been in favor of doing so. I just don't think there's an idiot out there that is willing to swallow his ridiculous contract and still give us value for him because of the CBA changes. As far as I know, the only one dumb enough to do something like that has probably been advising our owner these past few months.
And I'm saying DeAndre Ayton is gangrene

Get rid of him as fast as you can

0% reason to keep him

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If the Cards could get nothing for DHop, why would we think we could get anything for Ayton? Not sure if there is a point in trading him.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
If the Cards could get nothing for DHop, why would we think we could get anything for Ayton? Not sure if there is a point in trading him.
Different sport and the players are in different points in their careers.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
You shouldn't just want Ayton traded

You should build a little alter in your closet or garage. You should crack some eggs. Blow some cigar smoke on a pic of Luka Doncic. Find a Mark Cuban doll and steal your wife's sewing pins. Score the sketchiest rum you can and spit it out dangerously with lit candles all around. And you pray... you pray and you ask every mother***** in the spirit world to make sure DeAndre Ayton goes to Dallas

It would be like the trojan horse that never quits - except for in the playoffs

Last edited:

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
If Ayton would commit himself to become the rebounding defensive force PHX needs and sacrificing his offensive touches in the process there would be no need to to trade him. Hell, people would applaud him for making that sacrifice and if we're being honest I don't think he minds getting limited touches because it gives him the excuse of not having to work on his offensive game.

He should be willing to do what they team needs from him since he got his pay day but he doesn't feel the need to play hard very game and doesn't want to have to battle it out in the paint with stronger players.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
If Ayton would commit himself to become the rebounding defensive force PHX needs and sacrificing his offensive touches in the process there would be no need to to trade him. Hell, people would applaud him for making that sacrifice and if we're being honest I don't think he minds getting limited touches because it gives him the excuse of not having to work on his offensive game.

He should be willing to do what they team needs from him since he got his pay day but he doesn't feel the need to play hard very game and doesn't want to have to battle it out in the paint with stronger players.
If DeAndre Ayton suddenly turns into Dennis Rodman I will take back everything I've ever said about him, give away all my worldly possessions, travel the world and open numerous schools in his namesake

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You shouldn't just want Ayton traded

You should build a little alter in your closet or garage. You should crack some eggs. Blow some cigar smoke on a pic of Luka Doncic. Find a Mark Cuban doll and steal your wife's sewing pins. Score the sketchiest rum you can and spit it at a lit lighter. And you pray... you pray and you ask every mother***** in the spirit world to make sure DeAndre Ayton goes to Dallas

It would be like the trojan horse that never quits - except for in the playoffs

Amazon's got you covered
amazon.com/Jobu-Officially-Licensed-League-Replica/dp/B012BBFEAQ

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

He’s already a force in his mind. You can’t just hope that a delusional person “snaps” out of it. He’ll get a solid rotational player or two back and maybe a future protected 1st that might unlock our assets going forward. I wouldn’t throw water on the Bertans/Green/1st deal quite yet.

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Boy what a gamble! For both sides of the trade. I’m still questioning what the Suns should do . One week dump him one week wait, one day kill him one minute hug him, this drunk moment keep him

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Aston doesn’t have the hands to be a top rebounder in the nba as he can barely catch a pass

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Aston doesn’t have the hands to be a top rebounder in the nba as he can barely catch a pass
I wouldn't expect him to lead the league but there's no legitimate reason he can't be one of the better rebounders. He's had too many games where he's pulled down 15 or more rebounds to say he can't do it.

And although we complain about his hands often, it's way off to suggest he can barely catch a pass. He does fumble too many passes but to be fair, he grabs well above half of them. It's just that he should be grabbing almost every one of them and he falls short of that. And his inconsistent hands aren't much of a rebounding factor even when he's not grabbing boards. Usually that's due to positioning and effort - which still might be fixable.

Last edited:

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I wouldn't expect him to lead the league but there's no legitimate reason he can't be one of the better rebounders. He's had too many games where he's pulled down 15 or more rebounds to say he can't do it.

And although we complain about his hands often, it's way off to suggest he can barely catch a pass. He does fumble too many passes but to be fair, he grabs well above half of them. It's just that he should be grabbing almost every one of them and he falls short of that. And his inconsistent hands aren't much of a rebounding factor even when he's not grabbing boards. Usually that's due to positioning and effort - which still might be fixable.
I do not agree. Ayton should carry a ball everyone goes. I agree position and blocking out are critical. His big rebounding games you’ll notice no one else is near the basket and even then he fumbles the ball. His hands suck period. He will never be a good rebounder.

Sparky16

All Star
Reaction score
I do not agree. Ayton should carry a ball everyone goes. I agree position and blocking out are critical. His big rebounding games you’ll notice no one else is near the basket and even then he fumbles the ball. His hands suck period. He will never be a good rebounder.
Exactly, you never see him go after a rebound. it almost always has to deflect towards him. Otherwise he just stands and watches

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Take Ayton off this team, we are worse. It's as simple as that. He's not worth his contract, some nights not even close. But he helps us a little more than he hurts us.

We almost definitley aren't winning a championship with him on the roster. Unfortunately our odds get far worse though if we trade him and get no real value in return. That's why it has to be framed that way. We need to move him, but only if we can get better by doing so which means we need value back.
This part I agree with. The idea that if Ayton is traded means we are automatically getting someone back at his position that isn't soft is hardly guaranteed. The Suns could decide for example getting a Guard and/or PF back is a higher priority then getting back a Center. IMO, the Suns need to make a play for multiple players which means even if you get a center back it's likely to be someone of Jock's caliber in return.

The Suns, at least defensively, likely will be worse without him. The numbers the past several seasons don't lie. When he is off the court our paint defense becomes the welcome wagon. If we could afford to have an OK center that occasionally shows up and he had a comparable salary to boot? I have no issue keeping him. The fact he was drafted to be the future of our franchise, drafted #1 overall and has the salary he does? I think that's why we should move him. That and I don't think this team can get the depth they need without moving him unless someone comes through at the last minute in a CP3 trade.

Trading Ayton for a bunch of scrubs just because you want him off the team would be monumentally stupid and only compound our problems.

Last edited:

sdscard4

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Ayton is that girl who's hooking up with all my friends and I keep taking her back. Trade him ...Release him ...I don't care. Be gone

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ayton is that girl who's hooking up with all my friends and I keep taking her back. Trade him ...Release him ...I don't care. Be gone
Ayton is that girl who's hooking up with all my friends and I keep taking her back because she's the only one that knows the account information where I hide all my money from the IRS. I don't want her, she pisses me off to no end, but I don't want to be broke and/or in prison either.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
I've been following the Ayton trade talks in the news and on social media - never once have I read the Suns should trade Ayton "for a bunch of scrubs" (which doesn't even make financial sense btw)

Ayton has to go - because he disappears during crunch time - and crunch time is where you win championships - it really is that simple

A draft pick, an awesome PG, or another Center, that's pretty much all I've seen being discussed

To say we shouldn't trade Ayton for a bunch of scrubs really isn't saying anything at all because nobody is suggesting that

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been following the Ayton trade talks in the news and on social media - never once have I read the Suns should trade Ayton "for a bunch of scrubs" (which doesn't even make financial sense btw)

Ayton has to go - because he disappears during crunch time - and crunch time is where you win championships - it really is that simple

A draft pick, an awesome PG, or another Center, that's pretty much all I've seen being discussed

To say we shouldn't trade Ayton for a bunch of scrubs really isn't saying anything at all because nobody is suggesting that
To say we should trade Ayton because a bunch of talking heads think that's his market value means absolutely nothing until or unless it happens. It was from those same idiots that we kept hearing "pay the man his money" and constantly ripping us for dragging our feet. And there are posters here who repeatedly say things such as "trade him for a pair of dirty socks" which is what generates the "don't trade him for a bunch of scrubs" comments.