• Maybe, depends on who is hired as coach

• No, let's see what he can do without Monty

Results are only viewable after voting.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I feel like he's trying to sell us on it for the Suns organization. It's not working.
Definitely getting this feeling.

Man, we better be getting at least a couple 1st rounders back and Caleb Martin if this deal really comes to fruition.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
If we can get a first from the team that's both acquiring DeAndre Ayton - and losing Dame - we might be talking about a lottery pick?

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Are we still living in 2021? Are we just ignoring 2022 and 2023? I feel like we've had the convo before
We have and you refuse to listen to the people who are more plugged into the situation than you, so it’s a lost cause

TJ

Reaction score
Not an endorsement, but what's everyone thoughts on this potential return:

Nurkic
Caleb Martin
TJ McConnell

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
If we can get a first from the team that's both acquiring DeAndre Ayton - and losing Dame - we might be talking about a lottery pick?
But if you're Portland you're probably trying to get rid of one of the first rounders you just got for Lillard, right?

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Nurkic
Caleb Martin
TJ McConnell

These are all solid rotation players but I thought Ayton was worth more than this. However, this should be enough to put the Suns over the hump if Nurkic can stay healthy.

I guess if the Suns are giving up on Ayton, this may be his value.

TJ

Reaction score
If the Suns were looking to trade Ayton for a middling Euro center, then I’d turn my attention to Valenscunious, not Nurkic. And Val is on the block.

I like Val. I wouldnt be mad at Ayton for Val + assets

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Adrian Wojnarowski is saying there is "no trade imminent" for Lillard.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

TJ

Reaction score
Adrian Wojnarowski is saying there is "no trade imminent" for Lillard.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

We have another Gambo v. Woj situation. Sounds like reporters with sources are being used by agents and execs again

OP
OP
Hoop Head

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
We have and you refuse to listen to the people who are more plugged into the situation than you, so it’s a lost cause

You claiming to be "more plugged in" is rich considering you swore up and down Ayton was a goner as a Restricted Free Agent and there was no chance he was returning, due to what you heard, and then he did. Monty wasn't fired then either, like you claimed would happen as it was Monty or Ayton 2 summers back. So claiming to be more plugged in is funny.

Ayton isn't worth hitching our wagon to and I find it ridiculous and hypocritical how a lot of people here point to the 2021 playoffs for a reason to keep Ayton while also saying others are stuck in the past when we weren't all in on the package we gave up for KD. You can't have it both ways, this league is about what you've done lately and what Ayton has done is continued to under achieve. He's not worth the headache. If we can flip him for Nurkic and another forward, so be it. Especially if it knocks at least $5 million or so off the teams payroll because then we're no longer over the second apron. That opens up the buyout market immediately, which is good, as well as future spending with the Mid level Exception.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yes, I would certainly think so, which is why I could probably live with 1 pick.

But again, I thought the goal was to win this year since KD is already 35

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have another Gambo v. Woj situation. Sounds like reporters with sources are being used by agents and execs again

Also, there are many in the media and podcasts jockeying for position. It seems everyone wants to be a player.

There may be some reaching for stories going on.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

Nurkic
Caleb Martin
TJ McConnell
I don't understand the need for McConnell - at all.

With Beal, Booker, and Gordon I don't see how there would be hardly any minutes for him.

As I said before I like Martin, but he's not equivalent to Ayton, and to me the other two offer almost no value to the team - Because I honestly don't see either ending the season playing minutes.

I have a feeling we would end up playing small ball by the end of the year due to Nurkic's inability to keep up our fast pace, and probably because he was out so much the team got comfortable with him out of the lineup.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Yes, I would certainly think so, which is why I could probably live with 1 pick.

But again, I thought the goal was to win this year since KD is already 35
If we get a pick it wont throw more money on our books - at least right away - but I agree about the window

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Just listening to the PHX podcast - It really sounds like the Nurkic, Martin, McConnell deal is going to be it.

I'm not happy with that, especially if there is no pick.

But I do know James Jones has wanted McConnell for whatever reason, so I have a bad feeling this will happen.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hang on, now Gambo is saying he doesn't think Miami will be involved - so no Martin?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just listening to the PHX podcast - It really sounds like the Nurkic, Martin, McConnell deal is going to be it.

I'm not happy with that, especially if there is no pick.

But I do know James Jones has wanted McConnell for whatever reason, so I have a bad feeling this will happen.
I love adding TJ, he's like a 42 year old Chris Paul without the chemistry concerns. Martin is a solid, sometimes exciting, role player and Nurkic has a "K" in his last name which is pretty cool. I wouldn't hate the deal but I wouldn't love it either.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Hang on, now Gambo is saying he doesn't think Miami will be involved - so no Martin?

That’s what I’m telling ppl if I’m Portland since Miami isn’t offering anything significant. Somewhat similar to KD coming here. Nobody else was trading for someone who didn’t want to be there.