• Yes, trade him ASAP

• Maybe, depends on who is hired as coach

• No, let's see what he can do without Monty

Results are only viewable after voting.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Weeks ago I said the Suns want to keep Ayton but if they are presented with an opportunity to improve the team then yes he could be traded.

Yes.. It is true... it is something the Suns will look into. It will not be just Ayton for Nurkic. There will be other players or picks involved. The Suns are leaning more towards Nurkic, draft picks and possibly another player who can bolster the roster. Multiple teams will have to be involved.

The other player(s) who come with Nurkic is the real deal breaker. The Suns are in a win now mode and trying to build their roster for that.

Thats all I gathered from the Waffle House meeting.

Thank you Germz. You have been saying this all along.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I see you have competition Germz.

Since when did Nurkic acquire all this love? He has only played an average of 38 games per season over the last 4 seasons.

And fans were criticizing Cam Payne for being injured.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Over the next three seasons Jusuf Nurkic is guaranteed $16,875,000, $18,125,000 and $19,375,000 million per season.

I will be extremely disappointed if the Suns don't get more valuable assets in return for Ayton besides Nurkic and filler.

One could argue Nurkic is a negative asset because of the limited number of games he has played over the last 4 seasons combined with his salary.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Over the next three seasons Jusuf Nurkic is guaranteed $16,875,000, $18,125,000 and $19,375,000 million per season.

I will be extremely disappointed if the Suns don't get more valuable assets in return for Ayton besides filler.

One could argue Nurkic is a negative asset because of the limited number of games he has played over the last 4 seasons combined with his salary.
Yeah plus he appears to be in decline already thanks to the banging and the nagging injuries. And while I don't believe that the "empty stats" label really belongs on all the players we attach it to, I also don't believe Nurkic impacts the game quite to the level his stats suggest. Of course, I could make that same point about DA, especially this last season, but he's still young and IMO he slightly outperformed his stats in the 2 preceding years when he was more focused on defense.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
I'm not a Nurkic fan - but I am a trade Ayton fan - Nurkic may only average around 14 and 9 but from what I gather he doesn't disappear during crunch time - if he can up his rebound production we are in the Waffle House

But that's all if he can stay on the court - dude misses a lot of freakin games - and that is ultimately why I - the biggest trade Ayton fan on this site - would not make this trade unless the pot was sweetened significantly

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah plus he appears to be in decline already thanks to the banging and the nagging injuries. And while I don't believe that the "empty stats" label really belongs on all the players we attach it to, I also don't believe Nurkic impacts the game quite to the level his stats suggest. Of course, I could make that same point about DA, especially this last season, but he's still young and IMO he slightly outperformed his stats in the 2 preceding years when he was more focused on defense.

I don't understand why some in the media seem to be pumping up Nurkic' value.

Or maybe I do if they are getting more access to the Suns than in the past and want to paint a rosier picture.

The Suns need more assets to offset taking on Nurkic.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
But I also think Book and KD want to go into this championship run with people they can depend on - so Ayton is probably gone

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Nothing says "dependability" like a player who plays less than half the games in a season.
And I already stated that's why I personally wouldn't make this trade unless more was offered - but you're the one who loves talking about not paying attention lol

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I don't understand why some in the media seem to be pumping up Nurkic' value.

Or maybe I do if they are getting more access to the Suns than in the past and want to paint a rosier picture.

The Suns need more assets to offset taking on Nurkic.

I'd have to imagine that JJ knows that replacing Ayton with Nurkic is a net negative and that any trade has to include much more capital.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd have to imagine that JJ knows that replacing Ayton with Nurkic is a net negative and that any trade has to include much more capital.

These are my thoughts, but it appears the Suns have been trying to trade Ayton for a while without much success. It's hard to know what is going on behind closed doors and the market for Ayton.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
These are my thoughts, but it appears the Suns have been trying to trade Ayton for a while without much success. It's hard to know what is going on behind closed doors and the market for Ayton.

I actually dont think the Suns have been aggressively trying to trade DA as much as people think.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I see you have competition Germz.

Since when did Nurkic acquire all this love? He has only played an average of 38 games per season over the last 4 seasons.

And fans were criticizing Cam Payne for being injured.

Gambo lost a ton of credibility with me after posting this.

Nobody that knows much of anything about the NBA thinks Nurkic is a prize get.

It is insane to suggest he might be an upgrade over Ayton.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You would certainly hope so.

I am kind of curious why we are being potentially involved in this deal in the first place. What are we providing that is stopping a Dame deal? Is the idea Miami wants one of our vet min players somehow to help fill out their roster?

I will say this, if we did make a deal and acquired Caleb Martin, I would be freaking pissed if I was Josh Okogie and signed way under my value to potentially sit on the bench all year - so maybe the idea would be he would be shipped back to them.

Last edited:

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I actually dont think the Suns have been aggressively trying to trade DA as much as people think.

Truthfully, I don't know, but I know some in the media believe they have by some of the tweets I have read.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't either. I think they listened to offers, every team does. Nothing excited them and that's why it's tough to believe that Nurkic changes things for them.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gambo lost a ton of credibility with me after posting this.

Nobody that knows much of anything about the NBA thinks Nurkic is a prize get.

It is insane to suggest he might be an upgrade over Ayton.

Gambo usually doesn't go out on a limb so my guess is he knows something.

However, his comments concerning Nurkic as a player are not realistic when one looks at his injury situation and games played over the last four seasons.

There is a lot of icing on this cake.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Is it tho? In every scenario? Because in the last 5 minutes of a close/important game - I'm taking Nurkic 100% of the time (if healthy lol)
Yes it is. Your crazy bias against Ayton is highly clouding your opinion.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it tho? In every scenario? Because in the last 5 minutes of a close/important game - I'm taking Nurkic 100% of the time (if healthy lol)

I must have missed this version of Nurkic, however, I remember this play by Ayton.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
I must have missed this version of Nurkic, however, I remember this play by Ayton.

Come on man we're not doing this - Ayton is a choker and a ducker - and that's why we're going to trade him for extra fragile peanuts

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
This would be an incredibly stupid move - we need all of the guys making more than the min to contribute, and having Nurkic sit out half the season would be a disaster.

It's depressing that Gambo keeps pushing this crap proposal - it seems the Suns are hell bent on getting rid of DA even if we're taking pennies on the dollar.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
And again - I already said even I wouldn't make this trade - and if the Suns end up doing it I'm also guessing there is more Ayton drama then we know about - which wouldn't surprise me one bit