Sheridan excludes Amare on his top 30 untradable NBA players.

SactownSunsFan

Welcome to the Age of Ayton
Reaction score
Can't post the whole article because it's an insider article (what a joke insider is), but Nash is at # 7 and Marion is at # 17. What I find odd is that Amare is nowhere on this list... not even in the honorable mentions. Players that have no business beating him out include Rashard Lewis (25) Bibby (29) Richard Jefferson (19) Eddy Curry (14) and AK47 (26).

My immediate thought was that he excluded him from the list due to the microfracture surgery, as weak an excuse as that is, but that doesn't hold water because both Kidd (20) and Randolph (18) made the list.

My guess is that Sheridan just completely forgot about Amare. I wrote him an email, as I'm sure others have (if you want to here's the link http://proxy.espn.go.com/chat/mailbagESPN?event_id=9634), so we'll just have to wait and see what he has to say in response.

Last edited:

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Are some players on the list because their trade value is massively negative? For instance I would think the market for Kirilenko would be very soft right now, since he isn't playing well, can't stay healthy, gripes about how he's being used, and is signed for big money through 2011.

nathan

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the article is based purely on how difficult it would to trade a particular player. Amare's play has meant that his contract could be easily moved. Nash is probably on there because Sheridan feels he'll decline quickly or won't fit in well with another team.

OP
OP
SactownSunsFan

SactownSunsFan

Reaction score
Are some players on the list because their trade value is massively negative? For instance I would think the market for Kirilenko would be very soft right now, since he isn't playing well, can't stay healthy, gripes about how he's being used, and is signed for big money through 2011.
I think the article is based purely on how difficult it would to trade a particular player. Amare's play has meant that his contract could be easily moved. Nash is probably on there because Sheridan feels he'll decline quickly or won't fit in well with another team.

No and no. Every player on the list is looked as "We cant trade this guy because he's too valuable to our team". He ranked them in two categories- Would they? and should they?

If it were looked at as a negative value or hard to trade thing, a player like Steve francis would have made the list, and he didn't.

Sorry for any confusion for not being clearer on the subject at hand. I should have entitled this thread "Sheridan excludes Amare on his top 30 untouchable NBA Superstars".

Last edited:

fordronken

Reaction score
Is it me, or are people a little too excited about Michael Redd? What has he ever accomplished? Would anybody feel comfortable with having Michael Redd as their long term franchise player?

OP
OP
SactownSunsFan

SactownSunsFan

Reaction score
Is it me, or are people a little too excited about Michael Redd? What has he ever accomplished? Would anybody feel comfortable with having Michael Redd as their long term franchise player?

That's another one that got me. Redd at # 10? Sure, he's a great shooter, but hes average to sub-par in every other facet of the game. He'd make a great second shoe, but I dont think he's even close to the type of player that could lead you to a championship, much less a high playoff spot.

greensborohill

Registered
Reaction score
I think he just forgot to put Amare on the list. Sometimes those dummy writers just forget people.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I think he just forgot to put Amare on the list. Sometimes those dummy writers just forget people.

Is giving two "Okay" signs, like Dirk is in your picture, a good or bad thing? I would think that one cancels the other out. LOL

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
Question - how could AK47 be one the list when they are actively shopping him around? And I don't believe they are hoping for someone in the top 25 in return... however, I do believe that Carter was mentioned as possibility for AK47.

What makes me laugh the most is that Eddie Curry is #14 - AHEAD of Marion. WOW, gives you one good season (or at least a half a season so far) and he is seen as more valuable than Marion, 4x All-Star, finisher, rebounder, defensive gem, etc... That is just laughable. Eddie Curry was a dissapointment just 8 months ago.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score

Redd is a great player, he is not just a shooter, he is a pure scorer. He can get to the line a lot for a gaurd.

But you're right, I wouldn't want a shooting gaurd who takes a lot of shots as my franchise player.

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Is giving two "Okay" signs, like Dirk is in your picture, a good or bad thing? I would think that one cancels the other out. LOL

Yeah, like ying and yang.

That is not a good picture btw. I don't know why anyone would have it as a signature. It certainly fails in any attempt to shake the notion that Dirk is soft.

greensborohill

Registered
Reaction score
Dirk is the devil!!

Question is, will I ever get to post on a Suns related topic w/o questions about my sig?

Prob. not.

fordronken

Reaction score
Redd is a great player, he is not just a shooter, he is a pure scorer. He can get to the line a lot for a gaurd.

But you're right, I wouldn't want a shooting gaurd who takes a lot of shots as my franchise player.

He's a very good player, but he wouldn't be the first option on any of the west playoff teams, except maybe Utah.

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
Michael Redd would look great in a Suns jersey. Problem is, who would have to put on a Bucks jersey to accomplish that? I wonder if they would do a straight up - Banks for Redd... put away your calculators folks, the numbers work - Make it happen D'Antoni!

greensborohill

Registered
Reaction score
yep

What is he doing in that sig? I really want to know.

That's that silly little "3 point" sign the Rox used that irked the hell out of Dallas fans in the 05 playoffs. That pic was taken after he made the 3 pointer to tie in the closing seconds of game three of the Memphis series after Chucky Atkins made some shot and gave the "I have big balls" gesture while walking back to the bench. Ironically enough Dirk uses that one now too!! He seems to pick up all the disrespectful gestures that are used against him, I'm surprised he doesn't blow kisses to the opposition too.

greensborohill

Registered
Reaction score
yo

You must be registered for see images attach

Memo to Tim Thomas: mocking Herr Dirk with a kiss was not smart. Leave the smooching to Bill Raftery. Dirk bangs in 5-of-6 treys en route to 50 points. Fifty. 5-0.

Last edited:

greensborohill

Registered
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Dirk Nowitzki sinks one of his five 3-pointers, shaking off his worst game in months by scoring 50 points -- including 15 straight in the fourth quarter to turn a close game into a rout. Nowitzki single-handedly outscored Phoenix 22-20 in the fourth quarter.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is it me or does Dirk remind you of one of those cavemen from the Geico commercials?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson