Top 7 Players in the NBA Draft

Discussion in 'Phoenix Suns' started by offset, Apr 12, 2019.

1. GatorAZ

GatorAZ Formerly known as GatorHater

I would expect the Suns to shoot this down before the lottery balls are drawn in case they win it. Seasons tickets would start flying that night.

2. Mainstreet

Mainstreet Registered User Contributor

When thinking about the possibility of the Cardinals drafting Murray, I tried to make some sense of it by trying to compare the situation to a point guard in the NBA.

I don't think a 5'10" point guard would be drafted early. There are too many deficiencies in terms of getting shots blocked, poor defensive match-ups, etc.

However, I'm not sure the same applies to the NFL. If Murray can see the field, make quick reads and make the right passes, height doesn't mean as much as in the NBA. Shorter quarterbacks have been successful in the NFL.

My gut feeling heading into the draft, the Cardinals would prefer to trade down with the number 1 pick. I'm going to enjoy the draft no mater what they do. If they do trade down, it wouldn't surprise me if they drafted a quarterback somewhere in the draft because of Rosen's lackluster first season.

3. Ouchie-Z-Clown

Ouchie-Z-Clown I'm better than Mulli!

That’s not accurate.

BC867 likes this.
  4. Proximo

Proximo Registered

Really? You are comparing height of a qb to height af a guard?

Last I checked there was no 10 ft high object in football to throw the ball over.

If Murray was 5 ft tall than maybe their would be legit reasons to criticicize him, but he is a half inch shorter than Wilson and 2 inches shorter than brees.

5. offset

offset i have a special purpose

Where is your absolute proof that he values Ja over Zion? Jones may have made an offhand comment like “we need a point guard more than a power forward”. I’m not going to knock someone for someone else’s speculation.

6. 1Sun

1Sun Registered

Take a look at Hoop Head's post revealing the tweet exchange confirming the report with a second source.

7. Hoop Head

Hoop Head Señor Caca Cabeza Contributor

And

And...

This as a screenshot but readily available and easy to find on the author of that piece's Twitter feed. The Suns liking Ja more does not mean they would pass on Zion #1. They like Ja a lot and value his fit with the team more than Zion but that does not mean they'll pass on Zion for Ja but that is a reason they value Ja a little more right now. It's like how the Blazers should have viewed the 84 draft, they needed a big but Jordan was on the board, rather than taking the best player available they took who fit their team best because they already have Drexler. They passed on Jordan and have been blasted ever since. No one is saying the Suns WILL pass on Zion, just that they really like what Ja brings and if they land at #2 then they'd probably be as happy as if they land at #1.

Screen Shot 2019-04-21 at 1.36.21 PM.png

Mainstreet likes this.
  8. Superbone

Superbone Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan

We probably shouldn't worry about this one way or the other unless we get the #1 pick.

Hoop Head likes this.
  9. Mainstreet

I think I made it clear the height of the decision makers is more relevant to the NBA than the NFL.

Still I thought it was interesting to compare the two sports.

At first glance, height should be almost as important in football. I think this is why Murray has some vocal critics.

10. Proximo

Proximo Registered

It is very clear the suns want Morant badly. Several of our players follow him on social media, and booker and him have messaged each other back and forth.

Than we made a very public scouting trip with the whole front office and fitz.

I think booker may have told management he wants him.

I just hope we don’t end up trading the farm to move up from 6 to 2 to get him.

We really, really need a top 3 draw in the lottery. It could literally determine the next 5 years for the team.

11. 1Sun

1Sun Registered

You all continue to miss the point, which is NOT that the Suns will pass on Zion to take Morant #1, but IS that James Jones insanely values Ja more than Zion, as confirmed with a second source in Hoop Head's cited tweet exchange, above, which does not bode well at all for us in terms of some other decisions Jones might make, like trading the farm for Ja.

12. Proximo

Proximo Registered

Yeah I don’t believe that till I hear it out of his mouth.

Does he believe Morant is a better fit, that I could believe, and that would be because of zions current lack of a jump shot.

Hoop Head likes this.
  13. Mainstreet

If the Suns get the #1 pick they can do whatever they want. There is no end to the teams wanting Zion.

Drafting Zion is the right choice but it's fun fantasizing about the trades the Suns could make.

14. Hoop Head

Hoop Head Señor Caca Cabeza Contributor

This can be taken multiple ways but the writer of the article seems to back how you view it, and I do as well. It seems like Gina spoke of turn or was overly simplistic in her reply. The reporter who wrote the article has taken a few people to task for going with the clickbait headline that the Suns would take Ja before Zion. I didn't read the article before messaging Gina and since it's behind a paywall I doubt many people did read it in it's entirety.

Anyone who wants to bash the Suns, James Jones, or even Sarver because they now believe that the Suns will take Ja before Zion based on a clickbait headline would bash them regardless. The whole "Suns would take Ja over Zion" idea wasn't said by the reporter who wrote the article and the headline didn't go to his article and wasn't even featured on the same site he writes for. His article has been sourced by various other sites that have created the misleading headline for clicks but that's it. He's refuted those headlines on his Twitter account, which is all he can do now. To continue running with the idea that he reported something he's gone out of his way to deny and clarify, is biased.

15. Chaplin

Chaplin Better off silent

Wrong

It’s certainly more true than the false narrative that he doesn’t want to do the job.

Last edited: Apr 21, 2019