Shaq Trade is Now Official - NBA Approval

OP
OP
Covert Rain

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Steven A Smith? That guy is Gambo hopped up on too much coffee.

Steven A Smith is s tool. He has naked pictures of someone. I think that guys is by far the worst. I would rather listen to Gambo 24 hours a day then 1 minute of that guy.

OH CRAP!!.. Steven A Smith is saying that Amare went to management and asked them to look at getting Shaq.

Suns are so fooked.

Don't buy it. All other reports are that Miami approached the Suns.

OP
OP
Covert Rain

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are reporting that Shaq might be at the game tonight to watch.

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
OH CRAP!!.. Steven A Smith is saying that Amare went to management and asked them to look at getting Shaq.
It was also reported that it was Miami who initiated the trade talks, not Phoenix. I have no doubt Amare likes this move, but I would hope that he is not our real GM, for that would be scary.

BuddyFranklin

Registered
Reaction score
As much i think this trade isn't the right solution. I love the Suns and i'm willing to go with it!

GO SUNS!!!AAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRRGGGGHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
Covert Rain

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I read the part about him passing. I was wondering about the leauge approval. I haven't seen that posted yet.

It's on both TV and the radio. The Suns have called a press conference. Trust me. It's official.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Yep I spoke to someone in the Suns front office at 1pm it is all pending on Marion and Banks physicals

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shaq... man, this is just too ridiculously bizzare. Just beyond ridiculous (and probably in the short and long run horrendous) but so ridiculous that it is MUST SEE TV.

Bring on that stretch of 6 games on TV in a row! Damn, he probably won't even play until after the All-Star break... good lord, this is ridiculous!

OP
OP
Covert Rain

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So can he play tonight?

No because Marion and Banks have not complete their physicals yet. Once the Heat notify the league office they are complete then they are cleared to join their new clubs. Miami has 48 hours to complete them by league rules upon league approval of the trade.

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
this is either a disaster of biblical proportions or the single boldest move in NBA history. I'm think it's 85% the former, but I'm stoked anyway. At least I'll have SOME kind of interest in this team again. I seriously can't wait to see how this shakes out, one way or another. The 07-08 team put me to sleep for the season anyway. Might as well do something completely and utterly ridiculous IMO.
Exactly. I don't know that this will be a good move but it's a move. If the Suns hadn't done anything it would have been the same old story. Great record, probably winning the West, then losing in the playoffs. I don't give a crap about whether we are good enough to beat the Lakers (actually I do). I give a crap about whether we can win it all and that wasn't happening with yesterdays roster.

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Now the Gambo is saying that the physical is NOT complete. They still need to do the MRI and stress test on the hip. They expect him to pass, but the only thing official right now is league approval. There is now a 48hr window for the physicals to be completed and passed.

OP
OP
Covert Rain

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now the Gambo is saying that the physical is NOT complete. They still need to do the MRI and stress test on the hip. They expect him to pass, but the only thing official right now is league approval. There is now a 48hr window for the physicals to be completed and passed.

So the AZ republic was premature. At any rate, they wont' be available to their new teams for 48 hours.

sly fly

Devil Me This
Reaction score
PHX just split a pair of Kings with the dealer showing a 5 spot.

Rare territory. High reward. High risk.

I'm a risk taker. I like it.