Shaq Trade is Now Official - NBA Approval

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
So the AZ republic was premature. At any rate, they all 48 hours.

The NBA has given approval and there are 48 or 72hrs to complete the trade. While Shaq may have passed the physical they Suns will be taking an extra look at the hip before signing off.

Mr.Dibbs

Cap Casualty
Reaction score
The last time the Suns were desperate for a big man we ended up trading Dan Majerle to Cleveland for "Not-so-Hot Rod" Williams, who was past his prime as well. That ended up poorly, and we suddenly realized how important Dan's presence was for the Suns.

I hope history isn't repeating itself...

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
The last time the Suns were desperate for a big man we ended up trading Dan Majerle to Cleveland for "Not-so-Hot Rod" Williams, who was past his prime as well. That ended up poorly, and we suddenly realized how important Dan's presence was for the Suns.

I hope history isn't repeating itself...

Hmm, Hot Rod Williams vs. Shaq. Tell me this isn't a serious comparison.

Mr.Dibbs

Cap Casualty
Reaction score
Hmm, Hot Rod Williams vs. Shaq. Tell me this isn't a serious comparison.

I'm not comparing players, I'm comparing the situation. This isn't "SHAQ" the all powerful center- It's like the Cards getting Emmitt. Not the same player he was in his prime.

Is there even a timetable for Shaq to play this year? I don't see how a hurt center is better than a healthy Marion...

Last edited:

AsUdUdE

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
LOL, Sarver just looked at the rest of O'Neal's contract and said, "Wha...? I didn't freaking agree to THIS!"

:biglaugh:

Thats the funniest thing I have read all day....

Its also theoretically true.. which is sad...

jibikao

Reaction score
WHAT???!!!! I've been gone for so long and NOW THIS???!!!

I was just bored and went to NBA.com and the headline says: Diesel Headed West: Suns Get Shaq

While I think Marion should go, Shaq is definitely not on my list!! What a shock.

How is Heat doing lately? :( I didn't know Suns was this desperated. Was Marion that annoying?

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
WHAT???!!!! I've been gone for so long and NOW THIS???!!!

I was just bored and went to NBA.com and the headline says: Diesel Headed West: Suns Get Shaq

While I think Marion should go, Shaq is definitely not on my list!! What a shock.

How is Heat doing lately? :( I didn't know Suns was this desperated. Was Marion that annoying?

EVERYONE is coming outta the woodwork! welcome back. go shiggiddy-shiggidy-suns.

FLFan

Veteran
Reaction score
If Shaq can stay healthy and play a strong low post game the trade will be worth it. He gives the Suns another dimension that they didn't have. Just don't ask Shaq to play both offense and defense.

I like this deal.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NoObstacles92