Shaq dissing Kobe, Ewing, Kareem.....

Big Dog 62

Reaction score
Shaq is so incredibly...

predictable. This follows a general pattern for Shaq. When he was with the Lakers, they were the "greatest team ever" according to Shaq. Then he dissed the owner.

When he went to the Heat, they became the "greatest team ever" and Riley was the greatest coach ever. Then he fell out of favor with the Heat, and suddenly Riley was a tyrant and Shaq ragged on several of the Heat players.

When he came to the Suns last year, I seem to remember that Shaq proclaimed that they were the best team he had ever played on, although he won 3 titles with the Lakers and 1 with the Heat.

It's just a matter of time before he turns on the Suns players and organization as a whole. He is an immature buffoon who can see the end of his career coming and can't do a thing about it. Good luck trying to win a title with him. He is a cancer who will only have a negative impact on the players around him.

By the way, Shaq, Kobe has many more chances to win a title. You, on the other hand, do not.

LV-Suns

Go Suns
Reaction score
predictable. This follows a general pattern for Shaq. When he was with the Lakers, they were the "greatest team ever" according to Shaq. Then he dissed the owner.

When he went to the Heat, they became the "greatest team ever" and Riley was the greatest coach ever. Then he fell out of favor with the Heat, and suddenly Riley was a tyrant and Shaq ragged on several of the Heat players.

When he came to the Suns last year, I seem to remember that Shaq proclaimed that they were the best team he had ever played on, although he won 3 titles with the Lakers and 1 with the Heat.

It's just a matter of time before he turns on the Suns players and organization as a whole. He is an immature buffoon who can see the end of his career coming and can't do a thing about it. Good luck trying to win a title with him. He is a cancer who will only have a negative impact on the players around him.

By the way, Shaq, Kobe has many more chances to win a title. You, on the other hand, do not.
:mulli:

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score

That's pretty perceptive for a first-time hostile poster. I'm impressed.

I don't like O'Neal, never have, never will. He's occasionally funny and occasionally impressive on the court. But all of the criticisms of him -- that he's lazy, hypocritical, spiteful, immature, conceited, and insecure -- are correct.

The Suns are in trouble with him. But the key point is, they were going to be in trouble anyway. The mistakes that this franchise has made over the past several years can't be wiped away by a new GM or coach snapping his fingers and casting a magic spell. Management errors in the NBA impact several seasons, and every poorly run franchise eventually reaches a point where their hands are tied.

O'Neal is nowhere near the answer to the Suns' predicament, but he's not the cause of it either. The most accurate way of viewing him is as a symptom of a much larger problem.

Big Dog 62

Reaction score
That's pretty perceptive for a first-time hostile poster. I'm impressed.

I don't like O'Neal, never have, never will. He's occasionally funny and occasionally impressive on the court. But all of the criticisms of him -- that he's lazy, hypocritical, spiteful, immature, conceited, and insecure -- are correct.

The Suns are in trouble with him. But the key point is, they were going to be in trouble anyway. The mistakes that this franchise has made over the past several years can't be wiped away by a new GM or coach snapping his fingers and casting a magic spell. Management errors in the NBA impact several seasons, and every poorly run franchise eventually reaches a point where their hands are tied.

O'Neal is nowhere near the answer to the Suns' predicament, but he's not the cause of it either. The most accurate way of viewing him is as a symptom of a much larger problem.

I didn't know I was a hostile poster...nonetheless, I do feel like signing O'Neal was a last-ditch chance to win the title that was rightfully the Suns' title last tear, after the Spur debacle. I supported your team in that venture last year, even though I am a hated Laker fan. Heck, I even boycotted the NBA for a while.

My main contention with Shaq is that he doesn't do anything to make himself better. Before I go on, I do not idolize Kobe and know that he has made many mistakes in the past.

When Shaq was with the Lakers, he chose not to have surgery in the off season, thereby hurting the team's chances the following year. He also would not lose the extra weight he was carrying around. Then, all of a sudden, he gets traded to Miami and suddenly dedicates himself to being in the best shape possible.

When the Suns traded for Shaq, it ultimately hurt them. They became and played just like everyone else in the league. Their style of play is what made them so good and feared among all the other teams.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I didn't know I was a hostile poster

No offense intended. I had only your one post to go by. I don't track the history of people with multiple usernames.

When the Suns traded for Shaq, it ultimately hurt them.... Their style of play is what made them so good and feared among all the other teams.

No, their style of play was feared by only non-elite teams in the regular season. All through the Nash/D'Antoni era, the Suns struggled against high-quality opposition, particularly in the playoffs.

However, it is true that some Suns players were used to their best advantage in the Nash/D'Antoni system, and now the weaknesses of those players are being exposed. We saw it year after year with Marion in the playoffs, but it looks now as though Barbosa is the next severe casualty.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sheriff cites language as reason for wanting Shaq's badges back
Associated Press

Updated: June 24, 2008, 4:24 PM ET

Shaq Rap Takes Shots At Kobe Bryant PHOENIX -- Shaquille O'Neal will lose his special deputy's badge in Maricopa County because of language he used in a rap video that mocks former teammate Kobe Bryant.

Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio said the Phoenix Suns center's use of a racially derogatory word and other foul language left him no choice. Arpaio made Shaq a special deputy in January and promoted him to colonel of his largely ceremonial posse earlier this month.

"I want his two badges back," Arpaio told The Associated Press on Tuesday. "Because if any one of my deputies did something like this, they're fired. I don't condone this type of racial conduct."

Shaq was seen in a video posted on the celebrity news and gossip Web site TMZ.com rapping that "Kobe couldn't do without me." O'Neal skewers the Lakers' star, with whom he won three straight NBA titles from 2000-2002 while with Los Angeles, for not being able to win a championship without him.

"I was freestyling. That's all. It was all done in fun. Nothing serious whatsoever," O'Neal told ESPN.com Monday. A call to the Suns on Tuesday seeking comment from O'Neal was referred to his public relations firm, which didn't immediately respond.

Arpaio, who describes himself as "America's Toughest Sheriff" and is best known for feeding jail inmates green bologna, clothing them in pink underwear, and making them work on chain gangs, said he didn't expect his actions would teach Shaq a lesson. But he hoped he learns that as a role model who wants to someday be a full-time sheriff, he needs to know his words matter.

"Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I don't think that either conduct should be out there publicly, even if media wasn't there," Arpaio said.

O'Neal previously served as a reserve officer with the Miami Beach Police Department while playing for the Miami Heat. He also volunteered with the Tempe Police Department after being traded to the Suns in February.

Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Associated Press

Shaq Rap Takes Shots At Kobe Bryant PHOENIX -- Shaquille O'Neal will lose his special deputy's badge in Maricopa County because of language he used in a rap video that mocks former teammate Kobe Bryant.

Maricopa County Sheriff Joe Arpaio said the Phoenix Suns center's use of a racially derogatory word and other foul language left him no choice. Arpaio made Shaq a special deputy in January and promoted him to colonel of his largely ceremonial posse earlier this month.

"I want his two badges back," Arpaio told The Associated Press on Tuesday. "Because if any one of my deputies did something like this, they're fired. I don't condone this type of racial conduct."

Shaq was seen in a video posted on the celebrity news and gossip Web site TMZ.com rapping that "Kobe couldn't do without me." O'Neal skewers the Lakers' star, with whom he won three straight NBA titles from 2000-2002 while with Los Angeles, for not being able to win a championship without him.

"I was freestyling. That's all. It was all done in fun. Nothing serious whatsoever," O'Neal told ESPN.com Monday. A call to the Suns on Tuesday seeking comment from O'Neal was referred to his public relations firm, which didn't immediately respond.

Arpaio, who describes himself as "America's Toughest Sheriff" and is best known for feeding jail inmates green bologna, clothing them in pink underwear, and making them work on chain gangs, said he didn't expect his actions would teach Shaq a lesson. But he hoped he learns that as a role model who wants to someday be a full-time sheriff, he needs to know his words matter.

"Maybe I'm old fashioned, but I don't think that either conduct should be out there publicly, even if media wasn't there," Arpaio said.

O'Neal previously served as a reserve officer with the Miami Beach Police Department while playing for the Miami Heat. He also volunteered with the Tempe Police Department after being traded to the Suns in February.

racial conduct????

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Way to butt in there, Arpaio. Saw a camera and couldn't resist knocking over toddlers to get in front of it.

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Associated Press

RACIAL CONDUCT!!! Did i miss something? as far as i can tell he was talking about Kobe mostly and where is the racial comment in those lyrics.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
While I understand Arpaio's explanation, I think he did this to get some national exposure for the upcoming election. His "raids" are the subject of protests all over the valley, and no better way to win an election than to get the AP involved.....

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
I don't know why people take this so seriously. He was having fun, the crowd was having fun, it was funny. Shaq is a big kid. I thought it was hilarious.

I actually was laughing my azz off the first time I watched it.

The look on his face and the almost sheepish way he said: "Hey Kobe, tell me how my ass tastes" cracks me up.

Ask yourself this: If you were in the audience, and you heard Shaq come out with that blast, would you have laughed?

I would still be laughing.

As far as Sherrif Joe and the racial comments: Joe was referring to the two or three times Shaq used the word ni**er. He explained that on the radio so that's where I got that from.

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shaq just created a new way of distracting Kobe at the free throw line;

A fan with a picture of the Diesel mooning kobe's face and the words "Kobe, tell me how my ass tastes"

LOL, Kobe is going to get an earful come next season.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

This point has been argued here a thousand times. Just like Shaq, you simply cannot let sleeping dogs lay. The mods had everyone vote to add an NBA section like most sites have and the Suns fans voted it down. You go to the extreme to post the header yet you obviously did not read it. Go figure.
Go away.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson