SF 49ers @ Arizona Cardinals pregame thread.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Have to admit that, coming into the season, I didn't see it coming.

SF looks like the real deal - from Roster Player #1 to Roster Player #53.

Fortunately, the NFL is all about surprises and anything can (& does) happen, but this is the scariest game on our schedule.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I wish divisional opponents didn’t play each other twice in a 3 week span.

Just dumb as hell.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Black jerseys with red? SOOOOO much better than the white numbered ones.

Sent from my moto g(7) using Tapatalk

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

FWIW the rumor is Breida is the only one who won't play. Mostert apparently sat out practice just because it was a short week and they wanted to give him extra time. Wilson's injury has been cleared as in he can play but unless Mostert has a setback it's supposed to be Coleman # 1 and Mostert #2. Coleman had a big game last week he's really good but it's mainly the system they run they are good with whoever runs the ball, Wilson is the only RB under 4.7 YPC(Coleman is 4.7).

We're going to have to be disciplined they do lots of interesting stuff with formations and how they pull linemen and TE's etc. That and Kittle in the passing game will be the big concerns on their offense.

Bosa is a beast, but it's not really fair to compare him and Murray, Bosa came into a DL that with him has 5 first round picks, and 2 of them don't even start(Thomas and Ford who's injured). Bosa really only has to worry about doing his job, he does it VERY well, kid is a stud, but Murray has MUCH more responsibility and is doing it with a rookie HC and a pretty mediocre WR crew.

I wanted to take Bosa and stick with Josh, in hindsight I think we probably did the right thing but man is Bosa good.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Have to admit that, coming into the season, I didn't see it coming.

SF looks like the real deal - from Roster Player #1 to Roster Player #53.

Fortunately, the NFL is all about surprises and anything can (& does) happen, but this is the scariest game on our schedule.

I didn't see 7-0 but I'm not at all surprised they're good. REmember Jimmy G got hurt in the 3rd game last year, counting that game they lost 9 of 10 after he got hurt. They had won their last 6 games in 17 after they got him. It's not that he's a star he's not but he's a good enough QB in that system to make it all work. Even Mullens and Beathard had some good games in that system but the difference between them and JG is pretty clear. So the only real question was is he going to be healthy, it was pretty apparent their defense was going to be good, this good probably not it sort of all came together for them.

They're not going unbeaten of course but they are a team built for the long haul they run the ball and defend. Really the only real issue they had to deal with is some injuries, Staley, Ford, Deebo etc but they have depth because they drafted so high the last few years and drafted pretty well. The scary thing is how good they'd have been if they Thomas had panned out and if Reuben Foster didn't screw up. But they've had Armstead, Buckner, Thomas and Bosa in recent drafts plus a couple of good OL's. They had 2 first rounders twice and they picked relatively high every year.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Offensive rankings - PPG:

ARZ = 20th (21.2 per game)

SF = 3rd (29.6 per game)

Defensive rankings - PPG:

ARZ = 29th (27.9 per game)

SF = 2nd (11.0 per game)

Looks pretty grim, but we have two things going for us:

1. We're at home.

2. We have The Equalizer, Kyler Murray.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
to win:

defense will have to play its best game -- and make Jim G carry the 49er offense

Murray will have to make a few plays that normal QBs wouldn't make

so yes, a long shot

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
All Blacks are my favorite!

You must be registered for see images

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Great rugby team.

The Haka is lame.

Anything that "requires" you (i.e. the opposing players) to stand and watch it before a rugby match is lame.

It never scared or intimidated me, just pissed me off.

.....to be clear, I do not mind the All-Black do it, but they should be the ONLY club that can do the Haka and there should be no requirement for the opposing team to HAVE to watch it.

Too many teams do it, and "demand" it being respected.

F' that, shut up and get on the pitch and prove yourself with your action.

......sorry. Someone find a triggered meme, and place it under my stupid rant.

Sent from my mystical communication warp drive device thingy

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All Blacks are my favorite!

You must be registered for see images

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I love that they call the basketball team the Tall Blacks.

My dad is a kiwi!

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Shanahan says good chance both Breida and Mostert will play barring unforseen setbacks. I'm going on a limb and saying Breida will be held back for emergencies if he's active at all. I think they get he's their best RB so if they don't need him tomorrow he'll sit.

Read a report that DJ was a full dress for the stretching part of practice but I'm still not expecting him to play. I tried to trade for Drake in my league, turns out someone already had him and rejected Baker Mayfield for him. So I picked up Mostert. Would be nice if DJ can play.

Seattle49er

Reaction score
Kyle Odegard
@Kyle_Odegard

·
1m

Kliff Kingsbury said in the past that he’s stolen plays from other offensive minds. Asked today if he has taken stuff from 49ers coach Kyle Shanahan. “Oh, yeah,” Kingsbury said.

The 49ers D sees Shanahan's plays at every practice, probably not a good idea to try and use them against the 9ers.

I'm anxious to see how the 9ers D handles a QB with wheels like Murray.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard