Serenity aka the Firefly movie

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
Chandler Mike said:
I would actually recommend just going out and buying the DVD set...it's in widescreen, and has 3 unaired episodes on it...they are all good.

Mike

Yea, or rent it. ;)

I watched disk 1 over the weekend.

Disk 2 should be here tomorrow. I have watched a couple of episodes that my wife recorded off of Sci-Fi as well.

Last edited:

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SirChaz said:
Yea, or rent it. ;)

I watched disk 1 over the weekend.

Disk 2 should be here tomorrow. I have watched a couple of episodes that my wive recorded off of Sci-Fi as well.

Was that supposed to say wife :cool: or wives :devil: ?

:shrug:

:D

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
SirChaz said:
Everybody knew what I meant. :)

I think he just couldn't pass up an opportunity to BIM me because he doesn't get many chances.

:thumbup:

Also - Spelling humor just goes right over Mike's head. :D

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:

Also - Spelling humor just goes right over Mike's head. :D

No, I just think after 3 years of the same joke, it's not funny anymore...

Mike

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just watched the first disc (3 episodes).

It's good stuff! I'm going to have to go back through this thread to see what people think about messing with the "re-introduction" of characters in the movie, though.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I finally saw it for free in my movie theater after hours. I must say, I was pleased, but not nearly as thrilled as everybody else. This was a solid movie, definitely more than Sci-fi fluff, and far, far better than the trailer promised. Then again, this isn't the great movie that a lot of people are making it out to be. It's a solid sci-fi flick with a good storyline. And I'm cool with that.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After a couple of days I like Firefly even more. I can't wait to get the next disc!

PortlandCardFan

Reaction score
Pariah said:
After a couple of days I like Firefly even more. I can't wait to get the next disc!
Yeah.... I am really hoping Sci-Fi or Spike pick it up. There is a whole lot more they could do with the cast.

I heart Inara!!!

You must be registered for see images

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chandler Mike said:

What's been your favorite so far?

Mike
I've liked them all with the exception of the one where Mal gets "married." That one just didn't do it for me.

But, since I just got done watching the one where the old guy catches up with them and tortured Mal and Wash, I'll say that's been my favorite. Mal was great in that one.

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pariah said:
I've liked them all with the exception of the one where Mal gets "married." That one just didn't do it for me.

But, since I just got done watching the one where the old guy catches up with them and tortured Mal and Wash, I'll say that's been my favorite. Mal was great in that one.

Yeah, that was great how he kept Wash alive...

The one where Mal gets married...maybe not th best, but that chick was insanely hot :)

Mike

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chandler Mike said:
Yeah, that was great how he kept Wash alive...

The one where Mal gets married...maybe not th best, but that chick was insanely hot :)

Mike
Yup, she was...is.

After I posted this last night I watched one more and lo and behold, there she was again, hotter than ever. It was the one where they go after Saffron's "husband's" antique pistol and Mal gets left in the desert naked. What a riot!

If I'm an HBO exec, I'm seeing what it would take to pick up this show with the same actors.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
'Serenity' Makes Quick Voyage to DVD

Wed, Nov 09, 2005
LOS ANGELES (Zap2it.com) -
Joss Whedon's short-lived FOX drama "Firefly" found its greatest success on DVD and it looks like Universal is hoping the same will be true of Whedon's feature "Serenity."

After 38 days in release, "Serenity" has grossed just over $25 million domestically and it'll make its transition onto DVD on December 20, a theater-to-home window of well under three months, an extra fast turnaround.

Now you know what to get as a stocking stuffer for that Browncoat in your life.

The film reunites the stars of "Firefly" -- including Nate Fillion, Gina Torres, Adam Baldwin, Sean Maher and Alan Tudyk -- in another adventure that combines outer space fantasy with Western action. Although writer-director Whedon was able to complete his first feature with a relatively modest budget (somewhere in the $40 million range), the box office for "Serenity" fell short of what most observers thought would be required to greenlight a theatrical sequel.

Of course, passionate fans of the series and movie have been told before that the story was over, getting the franchise resurrected with their faith (and DVD-buying dollars).

The DVD contains deleted scenes, outtakes, a special introduction and commentary from Whedon and several other documentaries and features.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just watched the last series disc the other night. I think my favorite episode was the last one--the one with Early the bounty hunter.

What a shame this series was cancelled. I think it might be my favorite TV series of all-time.

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pariah said:
I just watched the last series disc the other night. I think my favorite episode was the last one--the one with Early the bounty hunter.

What a shame this series was cancelled. I think it might be my favorite TV series of all-time.

Yup, mine too, along with Sports Night, another awesome show that got cancelled...

Mike

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard