Sequel to red dead redemption is finally coming

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Word is if that is a tease for Red Dead 2, it won't be coming until 2018, because apparently a remastered version of 1 will come sometime next year.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Word is if that is a tease for Red Dead 2, it won't be coming until 2018, because apparently a remastered version of 1 will come sometime next year.
it seems to me rockstar at noon sunday tweeted a red R logo, noon today tweeted this photo. Everything else should be pure speculation.

Either way, stoked as a MF!

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fall 2017!!!

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Developed by the creators of Grand Theft Auto V and Red Dead Redemption, Red Dead Redemption 2 is an epic tale of life in America’s unforgiving heartland. The game’s vast and atmospheric world will also provide the foundation for a brand new online multiplayer experience.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Developed by the creators of Grand Theft Auto V and Red Dead Redemption, Red Dead Redemption 2 is an epic tale of life in America’s unforgiving heartland. The game’s vast and atmospheric world will also provide the foundation for a brand new online multiplayer experience.
Key word is "also". I'd be extremely disappointed if they went the way of Titanfall and didn't include a solo option.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Key word is "also". I'd be extremely disappointed if they went the way of Titanfall and didn't include a solo option.

It will have solo, guaranteed. "foundation for new online experience" likely just means they are revamping their online gaming systems after gtav to what RDR will have moving forward. There i no way RDR has no single player campaign. Titanfalls producers made Modern warfare and notice on shooters, most people go right online and avoid campaign so rolled with it. RDR was primarily played offline.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I don't buy games for $60 when they first come out, but I might make an exception for this one.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't buy games for $60 when they first come out, but I might make an exception for this one.
I dont either but im tempted to pre order already lol

ill wait for the digital preorder offers to show up on the xbox one before making any decisions.

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I've wanted this on PC for so long, too bad.

SO91

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
is RDR1 on PC?

Rockstar usually ports the newer GTA games to PC dont they? If so I would assume this will be too.

No. RDR1 had terrible code, so it never was ported to the PC because of it. They would have had to re-do it from scratch. This one isn't being released on PC at first, but probably will be later like they did with GTA V. Speculation is that they'll release it 2-3 times. Current consoles > Next gen consoles and PC, or PC after that. People will buy this 2 times and Rockstar will make a killing.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Delayed to Spring 2018. :(

Red Dead Redemption 2 is now set to launch Spring 2018 on PlayStation 4 and Xbox One. This outlaw epic set across the vast and unforgiving American heartland will be the first Rockstar game created from the ground up for the latest generation of console hardware, and some extra time is necessary to ensure that we can deliver the best experience possible for our fans.

We are very sorry for any disappointment this delay causes, but we are firm believers in delivering a game only when it is ready. We are really excited to bring you more details about the game this summer. In the meantime, please enjoy this selection of new screenshots from the world of Red Dead Redemption 2.

Screenshots at link look terrific.

http://www.rockstargames.com/newswi...l&utm_term=newswire&utm_content=rdr2-05222017

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
and yes :jawdrop: at those screenshots.

You must be registered for see images attach

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I'll be lining up to buy this at midnight, as I did with RDR1. All timer best game right there.
Im not a huge fan of prequels. Prequels tell me you dont have the creativity to create something new, so you just expand on the old. However Im still excited.

I do have 1 major suggestion for the new game:

- More towns/cities.

As much as I love RDR, It felt very empty. After a couple days playing, the beauty of the wilderness wears off, and it just becomes a distance you have to travel between tiny towns.

All the towns (Armadillo, Blackwater, thieves Landing, Chuparosa) were comprised of: 1 saloon, 1 safe house, 1 store.

There just wasnt much to do. It got a little boring. Unlike GTA where you can speed around in cars and aircraft, theres no such option in RDR. And so you need more setting type activities to entertain you.

So thats all. More towns, bigger cities, with more structures you can enter. Banks, for instance. This is a western after all, shouldnt I be able to rob banks?

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'll be lining up to buy this at midnight, as I did with RDR1. All timer best game right there.
Im not a huge fan of prequels. Prequels tell me you dont have the creativity to create something new, so you just expand on the old. However Im still excited.

I do have 1 major suggestion for the new game:

- More towns/cities.

As much as I love RDR, It felt very empty. After a couple days playing, the beauty of the wilderness wears off, and it just becomes a distance you have to travel between tiny towns.

All the towns (Armadillo, Blackwater, thieves Landing, Chuparosa) were comprised of: 1 saloon, 1 safe house, 1 store.

There just wasnt much to do. It got a little boring. Unlike GTA where you can speed around in cars and aircraft, theres no such option in RDR. And so you need more setting type activities to entertain you.

So thats all. More towns, bigger cities, with more structures you can enter. Banks, for instance. This is a western after all, shouldnt I be able to rob banks?

I imagine bank robberies are coming with how heavily featured they were in GTA5

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I imagine bank robberies are coming with how heavily featured they were in GTA5

Were they? I was super disappointed in GTA5 from that aspect. There were I think 3 mission bank-robberies, then that was it. Really fun, but its only 3.

I wanted more free lance. Be able to park in front of a bank, run in, stick em up, then run out with the money and have cops chase you if they see you.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Were they? I was super disappointed in GTA5 from that aspect. There were I think 3 mission bank-robberies, then that was it. Really fun, but its only 3.

I wanted more free lance. Be able to park in front of a bank, run in, stick em up, then run out with the money and have cops chase you if they see you.
that would be cool too.

I thought the story of GTA5 was easily the best of the GTA series with Trevor being one of the best video game characters ever made.

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
that would be cool too.

I thought the story of GTA5 was easily the best of the GTA series with Trevor being one of the best video game characters ever made.

Vice City will always be the GTA King.

GTA5 was very good. Loved the story. Didnt like Trevor. Psychotic people arent amusing to me. I liked Franklin. I could sympathize with him. Kid just trying to get out of the ghetto. Thats why I liked it when he finally got his house in the hills.

OP
OP
BigRedRage

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Vice City will always be the GTA King.

GTA5 was very good. Loved the story. Didnt like Trevor. Psychotic people arent amusing to me. I liked Franklin. I could sympathize with him. Kid just trying to get out of the ghetto. Thats why I liked it when he finally got his house in the hills.

I loved Trevor. Brilliant writing. I had no hope for him to rise above or anything, just brilliant writing. I love that he is Negans right hand man in the walking dead too. It invokes memories of Trevor :)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose