Season Prediction

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope you guys are right about him, but I don’t see it yet. He didn‘t start a game last year. He had no sacks. He did play well in preseason, but who was he beating. He’ll have a chance, but I’m not convinced he’ll be an impact player.
I think Shane was being sarcastic.

Someone a couple days ago said it’s not like this unit is going to be like 2003 where it guys like Jason McAddley and Martay Jenkins we’re going to be depended on. but I fear this pass rush is going to be a lot like that 2003 WR group that was really bad outside of one complete stud with Boldin. Only this edge group’s “Boldin” is… basically Golden and he is a FAR cry from a player of Q’s stature.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
sure. It’ll just be that much tougher without a rusher like Jones or someone else established who had shown the ability to make up for his loss.
I think Jones is pretty close to done. Not saying I would have just gone with rookies and roster options, but Jones wasn't an option anymore. His run defense alone was below average, and he had more games of no impact than games of impact.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think Jones is pretty close to done. Not saying I would have just gone with rookies and roster options, but Jones wasn't an option anymore. His run defense alone was below average, and he had more games of no impact than games of impact.
Never said Jones was the only option. It was replacing him with rookies and 6th rounders from last year that’s the my problem/concern. Especially while sitting on a lot of cap room.

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
Most likely 9-8, I would put the line at 9 or 9.5 if it was up to me. What is the actually line this weekend?

It appears this whole season will be one of streaks, losing>winning>losing>winning. If we can end one of the losing streaks earlier than expected, we could have a successful season. Vice Versa would be rather painful.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Regarding Edge. Personally I like the idea of a quorum of players filling out the spot rather than having one guy that plays 90% of snaps.

1, We are less exposed to injuries and form
2, It keep's guys fresher late into games where sacks are more important.
3, It's more difficult for tackles to prepare for several guys with different skill sets than 1, maybe 2 guys.
4, Vance can adjust the mix depending on who we are playing. If vs a guy who struggles vs speed then Sanders and Gardeck get more snaps, if power than Dimukeje and Thomas.

How it works in practice we will just have to see.

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Regarding Edge. Personally I like the idea of a quorum of players filling out the spot rather than having one guy that plays 90% of snaps.

4, Vance can adjust the mix depending on who we are playing. If vs a guy who struggles vs speed then Sanders and Gardeck get more snaps, if power than Dimukeje and Thomas.
This I have very little faith in

VJ has shown that doesn't make adjustments that are blatant to us fans

He may make this one, but there are so many that leave me scratching my head

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This I have very little faith in

VJ has shown that doesn't make adjustments that are blatant to us fans

He may make this one, but there are so many that leave me scratching my head
I’m most definitely not a VJ fan in general. But, he does a decent job of creating sacks. My beef is his defenses generally being poor stopping the run & his corners generally giving up way too much cushion.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

1, We are less exposed to injuries and form
2, It keep's guys fresher late into games where sacks are more important.
3, It's more difficult for tackles to prepare for several guys with different skill sets than 1, maybe 2 guys.

How it works in practice we will just have to see.
I mean, this could be the exact thing people were saying about the WR position in Kyler’s rookie year. The position STILL isn’t fixed.

BulldogCard

Veteran
Reaction score
Division got weaker..11-12 wins. This really is their year..if you're gonna win it. Stafford's elbow, no RW, Seattle rebuilding, Lance at qb in SF with Jimmy hanging around. If there ever was a year the Cards could take the division; it's this year

Cardsfan77

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I’ve never been more perplexed with how the team will do this close to the season start. I could easily see a 1-5 start and 6-11 finish. Wouldn’t be shocked with a fast start and 10-7 or better finish either. A lot of it will depend on how fast the young guys stepping into starting/increased roles progress and if the Kyler/Hollywood duo can recapture that OU magic while Hopkins is out. Additionally, if the added depth will be as good as it looks on paper.

Last edited:

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I’ve never been more perplexed with how the team will do this close to the season start. I could easily see a 1-5 start and 6-11 finish. Wouldn’t be shocked with a fast start and 10-7 or better finish either. A lot of it will depend on how fast the young guys stepping into starting/increased roles progress and if the Kyler/Hollywood duo can recapture that OU magic while Hopkins is out. Additionally, if the added depth will be as good as it looks on paper.
Anything can happen with this franchise, but I think the Cardinals will be in the vicinity of .500, a little better or worse, when Hop comes back.

BulldogCard

Veteran
Reaction score
DHop will be key. If he can get back his normal MOJO which I think he can; it will tough to cover him and Brown. Hopefully more running success, more commitment to it means Kyler will hold up better for the stretch run.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Division got weaker..11-12 wins. This really is their year..if you're gonna win it. Stafford's elbow, no RW, Seattle rebuilding, Lance at qb in SF with Jimmy hanging around. If there ever was a year the Cards could take the division; it's this year
Last year was definitely that year.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score

I feel like this captures the essence of the 2022 Cardinals:

ranked 13th overall, sandwiched between the Ravens and the Raiders. Of the NFC teams, they are 7th. Both rankings imply a playoff team.

but nobody is picking them to be a playoff team -- and so it really comes down to the tough schedule -- which most have as the hardest.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

I feel like this captures the essence of the 2022 Cardinals:

ranked 13th overall, sandwiched between the Ravens and the Raiders. Of the NFC teams, they are 7th. Both rankings imply a playoff team.

but nobody is picking them to be a playoff team -- and so it really comes down to the tough schedule -- which most have as the hardest.
On GMFB today, McCourty picked the Cardinals to win the NFCW, and Schrager had them as a wildcard.