Season Opener: Nuggets @ Suns Wednesday game thread 10-20-2021

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
My bigger concern (at least for this season) than Ayton checking out and the need for a power forward, although both remain, is Booker checking out due to his perception that ownership/management, in not adding much during the offseason (and in particular in not filling the hole at power forward, not utilizing all of the salary cap exemptions and leaving a roster spot open) and in not extending Ayton, isn't committed to doing what it takes to win it all. Last night's performance did nothing to quell that concern. Time will tell how founded that concern is...
1Sun this is your worse take yet, and you have had some good ones. Ayton checks out all the time. Saying Booker will check out is laughable. Paul will never be a loser like you.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The team that worries me that is projected to have max cap space is San Antonio. Ayton would fit there better than anywhere else and Coach Pop might turn him into a legit Hall of Famer. I'd hate to see that happen. I do recognize though it wouldn't necessarily be Ayton who turned the corner on his own but Popovich working his magic to get him to reach his full potential.

Ayton is also just as likely to force Pop into retirement though as he is to financially apply his talents on a nightly basis. Still, as a Spur? It would make me hate Ayton and Sarver for allowing it to come to that.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The team that worries me that is projected to have max cap space is San Antonio. Ayton would fit there better than anywhere else and Coach Pop might turn him into a legit Hall of Famer. I'd hate to see that happen. I do recognize though it wouldn't necessarily be Ayton who turned the corner on his own but Popovich working his magic to get him to reach his full potential.

Ayton is also just as likely to force Pop into retirement though as he is to financially apply his talents on a nightly basis. Still, as a Spur? It would make me hate Ayton and Sarver for allowing it to come to that.

I think we’re all going to hate Sarver and Ayton by the time this whole thing is over.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think we’re all going to hate Sarver and Ayton by the time this whole thing is over.

Yeah, I wasn't either of their biggest fan to start with. In a way trading him might be the best way to handle it.

The Chicago/Orlando deal last year showed teams will make trades involving players at the same position as centerpieces. The Magic sent Vucevic to Chicago for Wendall Carter. Chicago added a win now Center and Orlando got a young Center with potential who fits their rebuild better. I wonder what Ayton might get for a team that could be more patient.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I wasn't either of their biggest fan to start with. In a way trading him might be the best way to handle it.

The Chicago/Orlando deal last year showed teams will make trades involving players at the same position as centerpieces. The Magic sent Vucevic to Chicago for Wendall Carter. Chicago added a win now Center and Orlando got a young Center with potential who fits their rebuild better. I wonder what Ayton might get for a team that could be more patient.
My hope is the Wolves continue to be a disaster and Book convinces KAT to put our name in the trade winds.

Our D might suffer but putting KAT on this team and we might be able to outscore our way to a title the same way Brooklyn would if they were ever healthy.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My hope is the Wolves continue to be a disaster and Book convinces KAT to put our name in the trade winds.

Our D might suffer but putting KAT on this team and we might be able to outscore our way to a title the same way Brooklyn would if they were ever healthy.

KAT would be nice. He can play defense when motivated, although he isn't the defender Ayton is. He played average interior d when Thibs was in Minnesota. Thibs wasn't there long enough to impact KAT beyond his tenure as coach.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Man... that’s the fastest jump ship I’ve ever seen from a fan who’s normally pretty upbeat about the Suns.

That said, I don’t begrudge it. Team has a bit of a cloud over its head with the Ayton decision (right or wrong) and I think in general, people are kind of exhausted about... well... everything in the world right now and I know you’ve had a year worse than most.

I hope the team turns it around and give you some rays of Sunshine. Lord knows all of us could it at this point.
Nah. This is the way I have felt since the finals. That's why I have hardly posted all summer. Just not nearly into it this year. Maybe if things pick up. This one game does not bother me much.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
KAT would be nice. He can play defense when motivated, although he isn't the defender Ayton is. He played average interior d when Thibs was in Minnesota. Thibs wasn't there long enough to impact KAT beyond his tenure as coach.
I would like to see if KAT has truly recovered from Covid. He said he lost 50 pounds when sick. Covid weight loss ia mostly muscle my dr said.

I prefer Ayton.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score

I think the second paragraph is most likely. If Ayton won’t do it for a nice coach like monty who has pitbulls at his side in Paul and Booker, I don’t see pop getting through to him.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
KAT handling the ball was impressive but Ayton can jump like that when he wants.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose