Sean Kugler Fired

Status
Not open for further replies.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
you think they took up a pool among coaches to pay the fine??

everyone I know who has ever had a run in with police in mexico got fined the exact same amount... How much cash you have with you... 500 quid or 3500 quid...whatever you got, thats the fine... otherwise it is time to go rot in a mexican jail where you might not see a judge for 5 years.

Were any of them NFL coaches?

We have no idea what happened. It may have been the hotel reported it to the FO, not the police. It may have been the victim. It may have been caught on camera.

All we know is he did something bad and got fired. As he should be. Not sure why some want to turn that into an organisatiiion issue.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Were any of them NFL coaches?

We have no idea what happened.
It may have been the hotel reported it to the FO, not the police. It may have been the victim. It may have been caught on camera.

All we know is he did something bad and got fired. As he should be. Not sure why some want to turn that into an organisatiiion issue.
But don't let that stop you from baselessly speculating in every way that exonerates an organization that is in complete turmoil.

We don't even know the second part. Not really. All we actually know is that he got fired.

This single event is not related to and cannot be connected to any other events.

Obviously.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
But don't let that stop you from baselessly speculating in every way that exonerates an organization that is in complete turmoil.

How is it anyway anything to do with the organisation?

They are automatically exonerated. People are just trying to twist it into a narrative where they can find something to blame the org.

Heck you tried to make out they were WRONG for firing him and that was their problem.

Reactions: PJ1

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I can see him going out Jim Harbaugh style questioning Mikey Bs lack of manliness.

Jed York deserved that one at that point in time. Let's not forget how piss-poor that organization was run before Lynch was hired. The Yorks nearly ruined Eddie D's team and still might with Trey Lance lol.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Maybe people can just accept there are two different things in play?

This is org is not very well run (although it's not the drunken **** show many here make out).

And completely seperately Kugler deserved to get fired.

The two things are not related in any way.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
"A drunken pass"? Report is he groped a woman that is not just a pass, that is assault.
I do not think K9 was stating that is what he did, but was only using the other side of the spectrum to state what would not be considered a crime and then stated what he believed was then the crime

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
How is it anyway anything to do with the organisation?

They are automatically exonerated. People are just trying to twist it into a narrative where they can find something to blame the org.

Heck you tried to make out they were WRONG for firing him and that was their problem.

So there's no common thread between a position coach who was accused of battery and left to hang around the org chart for months, a player who was mysteriously waived (and immediately claimed), and another leader of the offensive coaching staff who was fired with no explanation (and wasn't announced until after the head coach's press conference) and then "sources" claiming nebulous cause 24 hours after the fact?

It's all happening inside the same organization, man.

I don't know if they were wrong for firing him or not. But a lot of people are taking a pretty flimsy thread and running with it when it couldn't be more transparent where the information is coming from and why.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Maybe people can just accept there are two different things in play?

This is org is not very well run (although it's not the drunken **** show many here make out).

And completely seperately Kugler deserved to get fired.

The two things are not related in any way.
You must be registered for see images attach

Truly remarkable work here.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
About as much as your asertions.

No teams allow coaches to get drunk of game trips. There were no media reports of the Cardinals doing anything outside the hotel. Had they done some charity or NFL promotional thing it would have been reported.
Yup, I am sure the likes of Arians to Bum Phillips and a ton of other old school coaches never ever never would have got what most would considered toasted on a game trip :sarcasm:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So there's no common thread between a position coach who was accused of battery and left to hang around the org chart for months, a player who was mysteriously waived (and immediately claimed), and another leader of the offensive coaching staff who was fired with no explanation (and wasn't announced until after the head coach's press conference) and then "sources" claiming nebulous cause 24 hours after the fact?

It's all happening inside the same organization, man.

I don't know if they were wrong for firing him or not. But a lot of people are taking a pretty flimsy thread and running with it when it couldn't be more transparent where the information is coming from and why.

No, there's no common thread. Only a lunatic would think there was a common thread between a position coach accused of DV hundreds of miles away in the off season, a no mark RB getting cut for bawling out a coach and Kugler groping a woman in Mexico.

Complete lunacy to think that the place these people work had some effect on their personal decisions.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Two things can be true:

1. Kugler did a scummy thing and deserved to get the axe. This was an international incident which means this not only tarnishes Kugler and the Cardinals, but also the league, if not handled properly.

2. The Cardinals have had ALOT of turmoil. Started out the year getting the doors blown off against the Rams, then the issues with Murray's contract, not making any real moves in free agency, then D Hop getting suspended, then the Saxon issue, then all of the injuries in training camp, the poor start to the season, the finger pointing behind the scenes that we are hearing third hand, Eno's release, Kugler's incident....Lots of bad pub.

This all starts at the top. Michael is obviously better than his father was, but by how much? His loyalty to Keim who as @Chopper0080 or @kerouac9 I can't remember, said is a C+ GM. There is a long record of his mediocrity. And there is a long record of players having issues with him. When there is smoke, there is fire. Preception is reality. Keim is a major issue. Furthermore, you can look at game tape and see that players are open, but is Kingsbury's offense actually working? Are players getting substantially better? Is he improving Murray? Does Murray seemed to respect him? I'd answer NO to all of those questions.

This team badly needs a facelift. A new GM. A new coach. A new catchphrase (#BIRDCITY!!).

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Two things can be true:

1. Kugler did a scummy thing and deserved to get the axe. This was an international incident which means this not only tarnishes Kugler and the Cardinals, but also the league, if not handled properly.

2. The Cardinals have had ALOT of turmoil. Started out the year getting the doors blown off against the Rams, then the issues with Murray's contract, not making any real moves in free agency, then D Hop getting suspended, then the Saxon issue, then all of the injuries in training camp, the poor start to the season, the finger pointing behind the scenes that we are hearing third hand, Eno's release, Kugler's incident....Lots of bad pub.

This all starts at the top. Michael is obviously better than his father was, but by how much? His loyalty to Keim who as @Chopper0080 or @kerouac9 I can't remember, said is a C+ GM. There is a long record of his mediocrity. And there is a long record of players having issues with him. When there is smoke, there is fire. Preception is reality. Keim is a major issue. Furthermore, you can look at game tape and see that players are open, but is Kingsbury's offense actually working? Are players getting substantially better? Is he improving Murray? Does Murray seemed to respect him? I'd answer NO to all of those questions.

This team badly needs a facelift. A new GM. A new coach. A new catchphrase (#BIRDCITY!!).

Awesome post.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
No, there's no common thread. Only a lunatic would think there was a common thread between a position coach accused of DV hundreds of miles away in the off season, a no mark RB getting cut for bawling out a coach and Kugler groping a woman in Mexico.

Complete lunacy to think that the place these people work had some effect on their personal decisions.
This isn't Walmart or General Motors. There aren't 50,000 employees in this organization. There are 22 coaches (24 before Kugler and the RBs coach got fired) on the Arizona Cardinals coaching staff. That means almost 10% of their coaches got axed for personal behavior — one suddenly (the week after he was featured on Hard Knocks!) and one was allowed to slink away into the shadows after months.

There were are 54 players on the active roster. One got arrested for criminal speeding during training camp. Another was suddenly caught up in a scandal that was too hot for TV and had to be immediately released.

I don't know if you know anyone who's extremely public facing, but the expectations for those folks should be high and communicated clearly across the organization. My wife is a teacher, and she gets nervous drinking anywhere in her (extremely large) school district. My stepmom was a principal, and she refused to. Is it because it's illegal? No. It's just an Extremely Bad Look.

I'm a club soccer coach, and as much as I want to have a nice pint after a game, I don't do it because I have the club badge on my chest and it's a Bad Look.

The BEST CASE SCENARIO is that the club doesn't communicate to their staff that they represent the Cards and they should care about how they do so. That's just organizational incompetence from a team that ostensibly cares about how they're viewed in the community.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Well, HBO should cover this if they have any info. We don't know if they do, we'll see. If they actually cover it, they and their brand would look favorable.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I don't believe the Card's left the hotel so it was most likely a maid, waitress etc. I'm not sure where this "drunken groping" idea comes from.

There would be no drinking. The team don't let coaches get drunk on game trips.
Lol, I remember coincidentally staying at the same hotel as the Cards at an out of town game 1 year. The entire hotel bar was littered with Cards personnel, coaches included. Granted, it wasn't under KK but I really don't see him as a disciplinarian.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

We don't even know the second part. Not really. All we actually know is that he got fired.

This single event is not related to and cannot be connected to any other events.

Obviously.
That's kind of his thing... At least he is consistent.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Well, HBO should cover this if they have any info. We don't know if they do, we'll see. If they actually cover it, they and their brand would look favorable.
The NFL and the Cards contractually hold the final cut on Hard Knocks and NFL Films (I think!) owns Hard Knocks. I don't believe those are HBO cameras on the sidelines; they're NFL Films cameras.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose