Scariest movie ever?

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Shining...Holloween night, room is dark, wife and I watching it on the floor with blankets and a pillow...

I was freaked for sure!

Mike

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The re-release of the Exorcist has some f-ed up repugnant $hit on it, that freaked me out. Like that spider walk down the stairs and when they superimposed the devil statue in certain scenes

scary!!

mdamien13

Go Cardinals! Yay!!!
Reaction score
Krang, your signature is not amusing :D

Candyman scared the piss out of me. Anyone who can see that little kid's corpse and not get chills is inhuman.

OP
OP
Krangodnzr

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
The Exorcist III has a scene that scares me more than almost any other: The scene where the nurse is walking in the hospital corridors, and the old possessed lady is following her with shears......to cut her head off.

I thought The Ring was pretty scary. I tried to watch it alone and I ended up turning it off.

mdamien13

Go Cardinals! Yay!!!
Reaction score
Jacob's Ladder is a great choice. One hell of a good movie, too. Makes me think of the video game Silent Hill everytime I see it.

I was working at a movie theater when The Blair Witch Project came out. People actually had me walk them out to their cars at night cause they were so afraid. I never thought it was that scary, though a few parts definitely were creepy.

Believe it or not, the first time I saw the remake of The House on Haunted Hill it gave me the heebie-jeebies.

Didn't find The Ring scary. Had a few jump scenes and a nice creepy mood but nothing that made me lose sleep.

Last edited:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Blair Witch gave me and my late best friend fits...we kept laughing and asking why they'd keep going into tents to sleep, why the wouldn't just hole up with something at their backs, sharpen some stakes and trade off guard duty, etc...of course, I'm former military and he was a police officer, but still.

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was scared during Blair Witch, but I'm a wimp.

Anyone see the preview on Apple.com for the new Texas Chainsaw Massacre?

That looks freaky.

Mike

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
Originally posted by Krangthebrain
The Exorcist III has a scene that scares me more than almost any other: The scene where the nurse is walking in the hospital corridors, and the old possessed lady is following her with shears......to cut her head off.

That scene scared the crap outta me!

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
For me the scariest scene in a movie was in "Marathon Man", when Laurence Olivier takes the drill to the nerve in Dustin Hoffman's tooth. Makes me squirm just thinking about it.

"Is it safe"

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I completely agree with this. That scene, along with the shrieking music is pretty damn scary - almost as scary as Patrick Ewing playing an angel later in the film.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The dinner scene in the original Texas Chainsaw Masscare is also one of the most distrubing/scary scenes I have ever watched. Tobe Hopper nailed the absoulte shock, fear, fright and disgust of what that would feel like.

OP
OP
Krangodnzr

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Originally posted by cheesebeef
I completely agree with this. That scene, along with the shrieking music is pretty damn scary - almost as scary as Patrick Ewing playing an angel later in the film.

Right after that scene, the camera moves to the statue of Jesus with his head cut off.....I saw that scene at 2 a.m. and was so terrified that I had to watch my back on the way to bed. :eek:

That's right! I forgot that Patrick Ewing was an angel....and he even looked pretty crazy too. Exorcist III is an underrated flick IMO. It was really well done for a sequel, especially after part II was such a bomb.

Last edited:

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right after that scene, the camera moves to the statue of Jesus with his head cut off.....I saw that scene at 2 a.m. and was so terrified that I had to watch my back on the way to bed. :eek:

That's right! I forgot that Patrick Ewing was an angel....and he even looked pretty crazy too. Exorcist III is an underrated flick IMO. It was really well done for a sequel, especially after part II was such a bomb.

I agree as well Krang that scene gave me the willies and I too had to watch my back on the way to bed. The Excorcist III was a good movie for a sequel!

But my vote for the scariest of all time is the first and let me repeat ONLY THE FIRST Nightmare on Elm Street. That movie ****ed my mind up and I couldnt sleep for days!

OP
OP
Krangodnzr

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Originally posted by Shane H
I agree as well Krang that scene gave me the willies and I too had to watch my back on the way to bed. The Excorcist III was a good movie for a sequel!

But my vote for the scariest of all time is the first and let me repeat ONLY THE FIRST Nightmare on Elm Street. That movie ****ed my mind up and I couldnt sleep for days!

I also agree that the first Nightmare on Elm Street was scary. Too bad the series became hokey really quickly. :D

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
all right, this is the 3rd time i'm writing this. Boss walked in other two times & I had to eject......

Blair Witch scared me & my wife - we thought it was real footage at the time :rolleyes:

Good call on Exorcist.

But the movie Ithat freaked me out the most was Jaws. Even to this day something in the back of my mind goes "Dahh duh.......dahh duh........dahh duh dahh duh DAHH DUH DUH" every time I swim in the ocean or heck, even in any big old mass of water. I remember @ my grandma's house when we were kids when swimming @ night I used to get the willies.

There done finally!

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by mdamien13

I was working at a movie theater when The Blair Witch Project came out. People actually had me walk them out to their cars at night cause they were so afraid. I never thought it was that scary, though a few parts definitely were creepy.

I watched Blair Witch for the first time last week. My roommate really wanted me to see it, especially after we visited the Bell Witch site in TN, which was the inspiration for the BWP.
I found the movie to be more annoying than anything - not scary at all to me.

mdamien13

Go Cardinals! Yay!!!
Reaction score
Originally posted by Chandler Mike
Anyone see the preview on Apple.com for the new Texas Chainsaw Massacre?

That looks freaky.

Mike

I am one of the most remake-hating mofos you'll find. I think it's a sign of a lazy Hollywood machine content to crank out rehashed fluff for the almighty dollar rather than take a few risks and present some new art.

I think Michael Bay's success is one of the signs of the apocalypse.

That said, the trailer for The Texas Chainsaw Massacre remake looks pretty cool. I'm glad to see that they're going to take a new direction with it at least. Won't be nearly as good as the first no matter what they do but oh well.

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
Originally posted by jkf296
But the movie Ithat freaked me out the most was Jaws. Even to this day something in the back of my mind goes "Dahh duh.......dahh duh........dahh duh dahh duh DAHH DUH DUH" every time I swim in the ocean or heck, even in any big old mass of water. I remember @ my grandma's house when we were kids when swimming @ night I used to get the willies.

You're not the only one!

I saw Jaws for the first time when I was 8 years old. I never entered the ocean (not even to wade) until I was 27 years old. But I did finally conquer my fear of the ocean though...

The idea of a 13 year old girl doing perverse things with a cross and spinning her head around 360 degrees continues to haunt me...

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
I am a huge fan of scary movies.
Psycho is the one that really scared the crap out of me. I dare anybody to watch that movie, and then go take a shower.

Another one that really scared me was Pet Cemetary.
I just can not forget that kid slicing his ankle.

PortlandCardFan

Reaction score

I thought The Ring was pretty scary. I tried to watch it alone and I ended up turning it off.

I enjoyed The Ring and thought it was creepy but it had closier.

I would have to go with Chaplin and The Exorcist

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard