Sausage Party

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This is a red band trailer, so you'll need to verify, but this looks hilarious.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Wow! Not a bad concept. :)

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LMAO. This movie is totally messing with animation.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
the trailer is blacked out for me...

but back in my day..."sausage Party"...meant it was time to find someplace else to hang out.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
the trailer is blacked out for me...

but back in my day..."sausage Party"...meant it was time to find someplace else to hang out.

It still means that and the writers know it. They are using it has a playful way of fitting that term into an animated movie about food.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It still means that and the writers know it. They are using it has a playful way of fitting that term into an animated movie about food.

an adult animated movie about food

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
But the food is already dead. Obviously I'm missing the point other than it's cute. Maybe a lesson on what to eat.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
just saw a preview for this one...not sure I could handle an hour and a half of it,..but the preview was funny as hell

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Imagine the horrified younger kids and their parents in this crowd...just last month:

Theater plays R-rated Sausage Party trailer before Finding Dory, apologizes

http://www.ew.com/article/2016/06/2...-party-trailer-before-finding-dory-apologizes

Audiences waiting to see Finding Dory were treated to an unlikely surprise at a California theater earlier this month, as a trailer for Seth Rogen’s upcoming R-rated animated comedy Sausage Party played ahead of the family-oriented Disney sequel.

After theatergoers reportedly complained about the incident, Walter Eichinger, vice president of operations at Brenden Concord 14, issued an apology for the mistake, which he says occurred prior to a single screening of Finding Dory.

“Playing that trailer was a one-time honest mistake by a theater manager moving screens around in an effort to accommodate several large last-minute groups wanting to see Dory,” Eichinger told the East Bay Times, a local publication. “The wrong movie was started by mistake. It was caught soon, but not until the trailer played. We regret it, apologize for it, and we are not happy that it happened. We fully realize this trailer is not appropriate for Dory and we would never schedule something like that. The trailer for Sausage Party is not and never has been scheduled with Dory.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
OK, I have kids and I would have been PO but I still kind of find it funny at the same time. LOL.

OP
OP
BillsCarnage

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Big whoop.. If it was the R rated trailer, maybe, but we all eat food so I don't see the big deal. As a parent, just divert and turn it into something kids can relate to. "Hey she's eating the baby carrots, just like you like to eat carrots."

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some parents would brush it off, but come on...in this era of everyone getting offended and hurt by everything? You know many were horrified and covering the eyes and ears of their mostly sheltered children.

OP
OP
BillsCarnage

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Hopefully it's not the same parents that let their kids watch Star Wars. 'Cause you know there are scenes of people burned to a crisp, Storm troopers being shot and falling to their death. Oh and one character murdering another with his laser sword.

Ridiculous

Last edited:

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Big whoop.. If it was the R rated trailer, maybe, but we all eat food so I don't see the big deal. As a parent, just divert and turn it into something kids can relate to. "Hey she's eating the baby carrots, just like you like to eat carrots."

"mommy,...what does raw dog it mean?"

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sausage Party

Release date: August 12, 2016
Studio: Sony Pictures
Directors: Conrad Vernon, Greg Tiernan
MPAA Rating: R (for strong crude sexual content, pervasive language, and drug use)
Screenwriters: Seth Rogen, Evan Goldberg, Kyle Hunter, Ariel Shaffir
Genre:Comedy, Animation

Starring: Seth Rogen, Kristen Wiig, Salma Hayek, Edward Norton, David Krumholtz, Nick Kroll, Michael Cera, James Franco, Jonah Hill, Craig Robinson, Bill Hader, Anders Holm, Paul Rudd, Danny McBride

Plot Summary: "Sausage Party" is a raunchy animated movie about one sausage's quest to discover the truth about his existence. After falling out of a shopping cart, our hero sausage and his new friends embark on a perilous journey through the supermarket to get back to their aisles before the 4th of July sale.

You must be registered for see images attach

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't wait to see this. Sucks....I am so busy with the wife, kids and stuff they have going on this weekend probably won't see this until next weekend. Plus, my little one is bugging me to see Pete's Dragon.

Bodha

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
This looks hilarious. Im so happy deadpool was a hit, now we can start seeing funny movies again. Went through an entire decade of everything being PG-13

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I felt that Sausage Party started off really funny! However for me about half way through the movie, the excessive juvenile humor started to get old fast. It was like they ran out of ideas and mailed it in. I found myself disappointed at the end at what could have been a brilliant comedy.

Iceman

Administrator
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I felt that Sausage Party started off really funny! However for me about half way through the movie, the excessive juvenile humor started to get old fast. It was like they ran out of ideas and mailed it in. I found myself disappointed at the end at what could have been a brilliant comedy.

Man, that sucks to hear. I guess we shouldn't be surprised that it would end up trying too hard to make it funny throughout the entire movie. So, would you suggest not seeing it in the theater?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson