Sarver - What Suns Need To Do

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Swagger and a winning attitude. No sheist, Sherlock!

The man who considers himself to be the basketball expert on the Suns has defined the formula for winning.

The fact that the GM didn't give this interview says a lot about why the Suns have been floundering under Sarver's "leadership". He just won't hire experienced people and let them do their job.

In the article, he used the expression, "I think", fifteen times. 'Doesn't build a lot of confidence. But then, neither does his (lack of) leadership. We need someone who "knows" how to plan and win. Swagger and winning attitude? That's the key element in planing for 2018-19?

Please read the article. With the position he's put the Suns in, if any of you think he has the solutions, please say so.

Just when I try to back off criticizing him, Server hogs the spotlight and makes a fool of himself again.

There is an old saying, "The asylum is being run by the inmates." No, this asylum is being run by a buffoon whose experience is running a bank.

I noticed when I googled for the article, the other articles call for Server to sell his interest in the Suns . . . and one by Sarver saying he has no interest in selling. Did you just hear a thud? It is I, banging my head against a wall. :)

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...partner-robert-sarver-devin-booker/398365002/

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
dude... I hate $arver as much as the next guy, but I think you might be looking for reasons to hate him even more than you have to here.

OP
OP
BC867

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
dude... I hate $arver as much as the next guy, but I think you might be looking for reasons to hate him even more than you have to here.
Ya think? :) I hate that, despite having no background in professional basketball, he doesn't delegate. It is a basic premise of running an organization. It's bad management and look at the results.

That's what I hate! And this article, painting him as the guru, is symbolic of the overriding problem. I read it. I reacted.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Swagger and a winning attitude. No sheist, Sherlock!

The man who considers himself to be the basketball expert on the Suns has defined the formula for winning.

The fact that the GM didn't give this interview says a lot about why the Suns have been floundering under Sarver's "leadership". He just won't hire experienced people and let them do their job.

In the article, he used the expression, "I think", fifteen times. 'Doesn't build a lot of confidence. But then, neither does his (lack of) leadership. We need someone who "knows" how to plan and win. Swagger and winning attitude? That's the key element in planing for 2018-19?

Please read the article. With the position he's put the Suns in, if any of you think he has the solutions, please say so.

Just when I try to back off criticizing him, Server hogs the spotlight and makes a fool of himself again.

There is an old saying, "The asylum is being run by the inmates." No, this asylum is being run by a buffoon whose experience is running a bank.

I noticed when I googled for the article, the other articles call for Server to sell his interest in the Suns . . . and one by Sarver saying he has no interest in selling. Did you just hear a thud? It is I, banging my head against a wall. :)

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...partner-robert-sarver-devin-booker/398365002/
BC, McD did an interview last week and basically said ALMOST THE EXACT SAME THING. Sarver is here, get over it!

OP
OP
BC867

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
BC, McD did an interview last week and basically said ALMOST THE EXACT SAME THING. Sarver is here, get over it!
So, Sarver and McDonough echo each other. Both supposedly learning on the job. That explains a large part of the problem.

Chap, I'm not the only one. Here is the google search I referred to. "Sell the Suns: NBA's Saddest Team Needs a New Owner"; "Is Robert Server Prepping to Sell the Suns?"; The Suns aren't Robert Sarver's Team - Bright Side of the Sun".

The revolution is mounting! In the words of John Lennon, "You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one. I hope someday you'll join us and" . . . Suns games will be won. :rolleyes:

You must be registered for see images attach

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
What do you expect? Every GM and Owner says the exact same thing in every interview. Every PLAYER says the exact same things in every interview. I'm not sure what you're expecting. Only on Twitter have I seen player say things from the cuff, and that has been basically removed this season. Players barely tweet at all anymore. All you hear are the same sound bites every single time. This is no different.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What do you expect? Every GM and Owner says the exact same thing in every interview. Every PLAYER says the exact same things in every interview. I'm not sure what you're expecting. Only on Twitter have I seen player say things from the cuff, and that has been basically removed this season. Players barely tweet at all anymore. All you hear are the same sound bites every single time. This is no different.

Gotta agree.

Dude’s giving ownerspeak.

Like I said earlier, I hate $arver as much as the next guy but I don’t understand getting up in arms about a harmless interview where he basically said nothing.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Reaction score
I thought it was encouraging if anything. He shows a little humility and realizes that it won't be easy to turn this around.