Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
In godly gives up the first ever hit for the picture

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I have been anti-Godley, but it is good to see him pitch a couple of good games. Especially because I have also been anti-Miller. And I figure the #5 starting spot will come down to one of them. Unless we have a surprise in the Minors.

My loyalty is to the D-backs and I hope to see one of them come through.

The Suns won their first Summer League game tonight, vs. Dallas, BTW.

Last edited:

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Souza with a 2-out base hit for his 2nd RBI (out of 3) in the game in the bottom of the 8th. 3-1 D-backs.

And he stole 2B. He has been a 15-25 stolen base guy every year.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
This team wins without hitting well (too many .200 or below). And Godley has not pitched well and has 10 before the All Star break. Weird.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
It was only his 3rd start since returning from his TJ surgery. His team went 1 for 10 with runners in scoring position. He gave up 3 earned runs...
He pitched well enough to warrant another start in hopes he shows continued progress.
We lost strictly because our offense sucked yet again. Period.
Lots of excuses for a guy who has shown exactly zero since being acquired.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I am simply calling this situation for what it is. Miller has been a massive disappointment since he's been a Dback. However, prior to his TJ injury, he was showing improvement. And prior to joining the Dbacks, his three previous full seasons, his highest ERA was 3.74.
Now he's coming back from a devastating injury and you seem to believe he's supposed to be pitching at some type of level he hasn't yet his as a Dback?
In Patrick Corbin's first full season back from his TJ surgery, he went 5 & 13 with a 5.15 ERA. Rarely does any pitcher return from TJ surgery and instantly pitch at a high level.

When Miller left the game last night, he had allowed 3 runs thru 5 1/3rd. Is that horrendous?? Meanwhile, when he left the game, the Dbacks had a scored a whopping ONE run on a rookie...

Miller pitched well enough last night...He wasn't perfect by any stretch and the few mistakes he made, the Padres were able to capitalize with a HR and a triple. But his velocity was there and his curve ball was extremely sharp. He 100% deserves the chance to continue his way back from TJ surgery, as a starter.
The Dbacks loss last night is entirely on our putrid offense.
What is this use of the word “deserves???” He’s given this team nothing. And does the team deserve to be dragged down by his “rehab?”

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Wow! What a first inning. D-backs up 5-2 vs the Pods following a 2-run HR given up by Robbie Ray.

BB is happy. Tacos at Taco Bell. (I wonder if he actually goes to Taco Bell for Mexican food.)

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
And Souza with his first D-back HR. 8-2 D-backs in the 2nd.

Now that we have a legit 5-player heart of the order (especially if Avila is the 6th), it will help all of them.

Not only is it contagious, but it means every hitter has to be pitched to, instead of the .100 hitters previously in the heart of the order, which will take pressure off the pitching staff to have to be nearly perfect.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Settle down,it’s not over yet.
'Not sure what you mean by that. Unless you are predicting more injuries, there is no substitute for a legitimate batting order throughout.

It feels good to watch. Don'tcha think?

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Robbie gives up another HR and it's 8-3 now. It's nice not to have to think, "Well, we're outta this one."

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Even Ahmed with a HR against a righty ... unless they call it fan interference.

It's a HR.