Sam Keller named Nebraskas starting QB

OP
OP
EndZone

EndZone

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Happy Birthday Husker Fans, ya'll got a gift!

:lame:

Right...I love it how people make predictions and then can't just admit that they were wrong. Blaming officials, blah blah blah, calling it a gift.

WF has a good team they should win out, except maybe Clem ..that will be a good game.

Last edited:

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
:lame:

Right...I love it how people make predictions and then can't just admit that they were wrong. Blaming officials, blah blah blah, calling it a gift.

WF has a good team they should win out, except maybe Clem ..that will be a good game.

You are joking right? If this wasn't as clear a case of officials deciding the outcome of a game, I dont know what is. All day their spots were bad, they called phantom penalties on WF, and then blew 2 PI calls at the end of the game.

You can call it lame all you want, but I can tell you this much, both Callahan and Phil Almation dont agree with you.

Oh and nevermindthe fact WF was starting a backup QB that has never started before....

Having said that, I am not sure if WF is a solid team or if Nebraska is just average. WF defense played well. But their offense stunk. After this game I suspect this team is probably an 8-4, 9-3 best case team this year.

Nebraska will probably win their side of the Big 12, but get stoned in the Big 12 championship game...Wasn't that impressed.

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
By the way...not that impressed with Keller. He seems to have an awkward throwing motion and "pushes" the ball more often than not. His stats were good, but he also fumbled a couple of times and threw a pick.

He has pretty good vision however. Pretty poised in the pocket. Couple of times looked off the cb who was ready to pounce. Overall I thought he was average, but it might have not been his best game.

OP
OP
EndZone

EndZone

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
ah so not only was it a gift. . .it was the officials fault too. typical

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nebraska was the better team. If they played 10 times, the Huskers would win every time, in my opinion.

And yes, I did watch a large part of the game. Not impressed with Keller at all.

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
ah so not only was it a gift. . .it was the officials fault too. typical

eh, they shouldnt have been in that situation to begin with. Hard to say it was the officials "fault" they didnt win, just really badly officiated game.

We will see where both teams end up...I think WF is a little above average right now. Good defense, bad offense. Nothing special. Nebraska, well, if they dont runt he ball better against the OU's and UT's of the world, gonna be another long season.

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
Nebraska was the better team. If they played 10 times, the Huskers would win every time, in my opinion.

And yes, I did watch a large part of the game. Not impressed with Keller at all.

Maybe. Hard to argue that since they won. I would say that not playing their starting QB and their starting DE and FB probably hurt WF too.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting note, if you read Darryl Marsee's computer rankings, he has Nebraska at #7, and USC at #23.

http://www.marsee.net/rnk.txt

I've never met him but we're on the same email list and I have to say as much ridicule as he's gotten over the years for his system, it's been remarkably good.

His prediction page says Nebraska by 10, and I think that's straight up, not against the spread?

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
Wake Forest got off easy. There should have been way more points on the board and way more red in the stands.

Not sure how you say that. WF controlled most of the game and played a hell of a game defensivley. Thought it was a good game. Couple of miscues by WF (Int in end zone) cost them....

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It won't be close. USC by 21 or more. Keller will panic again.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a feeling that Nebraska is either going to pull the upset or make it very close.

AZBALLER

sleeping giant
Reaction score
I don't see the game being even remotely close. USC in a landslide.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately, Trojans W. Hopefully it's close.

The last time I had a feeling USC was going to lose, it was against UCLA. I really think they will have their hands full.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Keller leaving was a blessing for the Devils. His side armed delivery is awful.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard