Sam Bradford A Cardinal

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
Anyone know why Tweets won't load for me? In this thread for example, the last post reads "Loading tweet" and shows the blue bird but nothing ever advances from that. I've cleared my cache and cookies but that didn't fix it. Even when I click the link it won't load the page and I can't open Twitter.com. Getting a 503 error.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
While I am a Bradford fan I think he does have an onfield weakness. Which sort of ties into his strengths but he isn't aggressive enough. He will protect the ball and not hurt his team which is good but there must be something lacking in terms of aggressiveness because his production isn't what it should be to be a top QB. Not that it's a definite indicator of any kind I think it's telling that in his entire career he's never thrown for 4 TD in a game.

He has the talent but even I have to question his mentality. One can't just be safe with the ball and it seems that Bradford might be leaning that way. I'm not quite sure how to describe it but he seems to regularly work under the notion that if he makes a mistake it will be game-threatening/job-threatening. Which is sadly probably true to a large extent but he has elite accuracy and protection skills that have yet to be paired with elite production. He somehow needs to find a way to marry his efficiency traits with just a little more aggression toward scoring points.

Now, some of the lack of production in his career has been due to a lack of playmakers. Guys who could take an average play and turn it into an explosive play/TD. Stuff like that propels a QB from the 20's TD range into the 30's. But even playing a full season for a good Minnesota offense only produces 20 TD and a measly 3.6 TD%. Which was identical to his previous year of 3.6% with Philadelphia. Neither of which is acceptable for a starting caliber QB in today's NFL. I generally consider 4.0% to be the bare minimum. Perhaps he would have been better in 2017 with the Vikings considering his first game but Keenum put up a 4.6% for essentially the same offense.

Bradford is likely playing for his next(last?) contract so perhaps he will be more aggressive than his career numbers but I fear that he is going to be primarily concerned with staying healthy and not turning the ball over. A defensive-minded HC and high draft pick looming over Bradford's shoulder will likely keep him from being aggressive with the ball. 230 yards and 1-2 TD's on average is what I foresee Bradford delivering(when healthy).

Ironically, his lack of production will cost him his job in the long run IMO. But, it will probably lead to another starting opportunity for some team that just needs a veteran who won't screw things up. Which is sadly going to be the best thing you can say about Bradford. He wasn't productive but he wouldn't screw things up. I really wish he'd take a more aggressive approach to the last half of his career and starting pushing the envelope a little bit. He's got the tools but I doubt he'll try and use them.

Shaggy

Site Owner Administrator
Administrator
Reaction score
Anyone know why Tweets won't load for me? In this thread for example, the last post reads "Loading tweet" and shows the blue bird but nothing ever advances from that. I've cleared my cache and cookies but that didn't fix it. Even when I click the link it won't load the page and I can't open Twitter.com. Getting a 503 error.

Do you have the updated Java and/or flash on your computer?

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
Do you have the updated Java and/or flash on your computer?
That was my next plan of attack. Update Chrome, etc. It's annoying that I even have to do anything at all. It used to work, I didn't do anything, now it doesn't work. Grrrrr...

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was my next plan of attack. Update Chrome, etc. It's annoying that I even have to do anything at all. It used to work, I didn't do anything, now it doesn't work. Grrrrr...
I used to have that same problem. I think I disabled an ad blocker or Disconnect or some other extension and they populated.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
I used to have that same problem. I think I disabled an ad blocker or Disconnect or some other extension and they populated.
Disabled ABP(only one I run) and updated Chrome(which needed it) and relaunched Chrome. Tweets on this page still won't load, still can't access Twitter.com. I have a feeling it's something that Twitter did but who knows? I don't even care too much since I don't use Twitter but it's aggravating reading a thread and then having mystery news, notes and nuggets.

Last idea is to shut down and restart later to see if that cures it.

Reaction score
Disabled ABP(only one I run) and updated Chrome(which needed it) and relaunched Chrome. Tweets on this page still won't load, still can't access Twitter.com. I have a feeling it's something that Twitter did but who knows? I don't even care too much since I don't use Twitter but it's aggravating reading a thread and then having mystery news, notes and nuggets.

Last idea is to shut down and restart later to see if that cures it.

I use Chrome & ABP & I don't have any issues with Twitter. I only have issues with videos on the Cards site. I use Firefox for that now. Everything else I use Chrome

Reaction score
In 2016, Sam Bradford broke the single-season completion percentage record. He accomplished this feat with a Vikings offensive line that struggled heavily. Bradford has the ability to dominate in Arizona with the supporting cast of Larry Fitzgerald and David Johnson. Most importantly, the offensive line will need to give the injury-plagued quarterback time to throw. If they can do this, Bradford will dissect the opposing secondary with incredible accuracy. This was done during week 1 of the 2017 season, where Bradford threw for 349 yards and three touchdowns against the New Orleans Saints. His offensive line gave him just enough time to go through his progressions and make the correct reads. The Saints boasted a top defense last year and made the playoffs with an 11-5 record, but were helpless against Bradford. If this offensive line can play at a high level, another great week 1 performance may be in store.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
In 2016, Sam Bradford broke the single-season completion percentage record. He accomplished this feat with a Vikings offensive line that struggled heavily. Bradford has the ability to dominate in Arizona with the supporting cast of Larry Fitzgerald and David Johnson. Most importantly, the offensive line will need to give the injury-plagued quarterback time to throw. If they can do this, Bradford will dissect the opposing secondary with incredible accuracy. This was done during week 1 of the 2017 season, where Bradford threw for 349 yards and three touchdowns against the New Orleans Saints. His offensive line gave him just enough time to go through his progressions and make the correct reads. The Saints boasted a top defense last year and made the playoffs with an 11-5 record, but were helpless against Bradford. If this offensive line can play at a high level, another great week 1 performance may be in store.
lol

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I chose to ignore how little I feared Bradford in our many games against him. The dude throws 3 yard out routes for days.

During his "career year" in 2016 the Vikings were in the bottom half of the league in passing yards and the bottom third in scoring.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I think only Peyton Manning could overcome Mike McCoy.
Yep because PEYTON ran that offense!
When has McCoy ever been the OC of a good offense outside of that one?
And don’t get me going on Sammy Checkdown he’s never been anything other than that! :bang:

Hire BA out of the CBS booth again & buy him lifetime supply’s of liquor lol

Last edited:

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
Underusing Johnson is a sin. Not sure the Cardinals have the speed to challenge defensive backfields and I know the offense is too sucky to scheme these guys open.

All of that added to Bradford's conservative nature does not bode well.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Ability means nothing if you’re damaged goods. I tried buying in but he’s not in the right state of body or mind. Throw him out there vs Gregg Williams and Ndamukong Suh then it’s time in week 3.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Underusing Johnson is a sin. Not sure the Cardinals have the speed to challenge defensive backfields and I know the offense is too sucky to scheme these guys open.

All of that added to Bradford's conservative nature does not bode well.
Agree about #31

I disagree about the speed part, which I think is being overvalued. Kirk & CW arent slow, we have Skelator as well.

Imo it’s more about scheme. McCoy runs a predominantly short passing game that doesn’t attack downfield enough. Then you have Sammy checkdown who doesn’t throw the ball downfield enough. It’s a bad combo & the Skins were really keying on stopping the run & waiting for the short passing game because they knew what to expect from a McCoy offense.

imo Rosen will push the ball downfield more because that’s who he is.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm really disappointment in myself for not trashing this move from day 1. I had a solid 8 years of ragging on Bradford under my belt. A bunch of talking heads proclaim him as a stud, I decide... 'he's average' and he gets in a Cardinal uniform and does all the stuff I've ragged on him for years for doing.

I was never worried about this guy getting healthy as a Ram. He is the epitome of a Charlie Checkdown QB. High completion percentage, low yards per catch, garbage in the red zone, garbage in the clutch.

Let Bradford sit out there for a while, I don't want Rosen taking the beating that our early schedule has on it, but I think week 8 would be roughly the right time to get the rook out there.

AZfaninMN

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
37-61 243 0 TD 2 INT

243 yards through 2 F’ing games.

Josh Allen threw for 245 and a TD in today’s game.

If the staff doesn’t go to Rosen next week at home, it’s time for everyone to be let go. No excuse!