Salvaging data from USB Drive?

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Anyone know if it is possible to salvage data from a usb drive. Of course I was going to back up my data on my laptop but forgot to do it before I went through the airport. AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRR!

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Your only option is to get a data recovery program. I've never thought it possible or seen it done on a flash drive but the company's that put out the programs claim it is. The concept doesn't make sense to me because of the flash technology doesn't actually "write" to something like a hard drive does.

OP
OP
SweetD

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Ryanwb said:
Your only option is to get a data recovery program. I've never thought it possible or seen it done on a flash drive but the company's that put out the programs claim it is. The concept doesn't make sense to me because of the flash technology doesn't actually "write" to something like a hard drive does.

I know that was my thoughts do you have any links? Data Doctors wants $375 that is just to look at it and they don't know if they can get the data either.

OP
OP
SweetD

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Ok I spend the cash on a software program that saved most of my files. Now I will offer my services. Instead of paying $500 to data doctors if anyone needs to recover some data from a hard-drive, CD, or usb drive let me know.

Fee
$50.00 (No Refundable deposit) to look at the drive/media
Additional cost for data recovered depending on size and number of files.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson