Ryan Mallet?

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He has no game experience. Is he really any better than the qbs in this year's draft??

Last edited:

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
He has no game experience. Is he really any better than the qbs in this year's draft??

Well, he's had a couple of years of pro coaching and preseason games...that has to count for something. He would've been a first rounder, if not for keeping his nose clean. As far as I know, he's been a good citizen in New England.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Pass. New England would want at least a 2nd rounder if not a 1st OR multiple picks, and he has proven nothing in this league (less than Kolb). I like his skill set, but it would be better for this organization to draft and develop it's own Mallett rather than giving up valuable picks to acquire other team's developemental backups.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Dude hasn't shown anything even in preseason to warrant even the idea of trading for him. If you are going to spend a 2nd or 3rd rounder to trade for him just draft one of your own in one of those same rounds.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Dude hasn't shown anything even in preseason to warrant even the idea of trading for him. If you are going to spend a 2nd or 3rd rounder to trade for him just draft one of your own in one of those same rounds.

Mallett would've been drafted in the 1st round, in any of the previous 2 drafts and this year, based on talent. His issues were off the field. So, a 2nd or 3rd for him is not a bad deal, IMO...none of the 2nd or 3rd round QB's this year, have 1st round talent...heck, even the ones that will get selected in the 1st, this year, don't have 1st round talent.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
An interesting scenario and not much known about him. Hard to rationalize going after Mallett and yet somewhat intriguing. I guess I would have to defer to Arians and his take on Mallett. As others said you would also have to weigh what the Patriots would want for him. Could not justify anything higher than a 3rd which is where he was taken and then maybe not even that. If the Patriots wanted anything higher I would pass.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I like Mallet and believe he would be a good fit for a down field offense that Arians wants to implement; however, New England would want a lot in return. Even a 2nd round pick is too much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Mallett would've been drafted in the 1st round, in any of the previous 2 drafts and this year, based on talent. His issues were off the field. So, a 2nd or 3rd for him is not a bad deal, IMO...none of the 2nd or 3rd round QB's this year, have 1st round talent...heck, even the ones that will get selected in the 1st, this year, don't have 1st round talent.

If he had 1st round talent he would have been drafted in the first round. We are talking about a QB here, a lot of off the field issues will be pushed aside for a team to justify grabbing a 1st round talent QB. Heck even if a 1st round talent QB had some issues it might push them into the 2nd round, but most certainly not the 3rd round where he was actually taken.

But that is besides the point, considering he has not shown a single ounce of what you are talking about in 8 preseason games so far, not buying what your selling. Hasn't shown a single ounce of being this so called 1st round talent from two years ago.

Last edited:

joko4

Registered
Reaction score
I would definitely due it for a second rounder, Mallett in the second with Wormack or one of the tackles in the first round and you've started this year's draft with an A grade.
Mallett seems to be the a perfect QB for BA.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I would definitely due it for a second rounder, Mallett in the second with Wormack or one of the tackles in the first round and you've started this year's draft with an A grade.
Mallett seems to be the a perfect QB for BA.

Ok, but the Pats probably wouldn't. Mallett is very valuable to them and would not come cheap. He is their primary back up. He is cheap. He knows the system. Brady is not young.

You are advocating a Kevin Kolb like trade with more risk and less film. Also you are acquiring a player with off field issues from a team with a stable locker room to a team with an uncertain one. We do not have the locker room to support a guy like Mallett.

DoTheDew

Registered
Reaction score
I'd do it for a 4th or less and that's not happening. You don't trade a high pick for a guy who's never set foot on the field. Didn't seeing Charlie Whitehurst fail in Seattle teach us anything?

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn