Roster Moves: 20 Sept 2011

Billy Flynt

Pirate, 300 yrs too late
Reaction score
Cardinals | Crezdon Butler to IR
Tue, 20 Sep 2011 13:02:07 -0700

The Arizona Cardinals placed CB Crezdon Butler (ankle) on Injured Reserve Tuesday, Sept. 20, and promoted DL Ron Talley to the active roster in a corresponding move. The team also signed free-agent WR Jaymar Johnson (Vikings) and released WR Brandyn Harvey.

0 Comments | Share: | Source: KFFL.com

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz1YWyKhiNY

WarnerHOF

Registered
Reaction score
Not what I was expecting, well expected due to the incompetence of the coaches and management. But this is not what we needed.

Agreed. I also can't believe the Cards did not trade for DeMarcus Ware or Darrelle Revis. :mad:

crisper57

Open the Roof!
Reaction score
Agreed. I also can't believe the Cards did not trade for DeMarcus Ware or Darrelle Revis. :mad:

Seriously! I mean our 7th round pick for 2012 is just sitting there doing nothing for us in 2011. Surely we could get a Pro Bowler for that...

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I swear some posters on this board believe that there are Pro Bowl Pass rushers and Corners out there and the cheap ole' Cardinals are refusing to sign them.

Any veteran left out there is chopped liver for the most part. It's better to bring in some of the younger guys and see if they develop.

THESMEL

Smushdown! Take it like a fan!
Reaction score
No

but their are developmental DE's that could be starting the transition to OLB on our practice squad.

Everson Griffin passed over for Andre Roberts still pisses me off. watch Griffin after developing on the vikings. I wanted their first rounder CB Cook too in that draft, but He went higher than i expected.

How is Cody Brown doing on the Jets? Paris has been sweet at both ILB positions, He has earned more respect than I give him. He is a better FA than any exsteeler besides maybe Haggins.

I took a special interst in Reggie Walker and didn't think He would make it, but He has proved better than most our draft class after development.
Horton is probably getting a bit of a feeel for the Cards defense future at this point.

Like i said weeks ago, The Bye week is the sweeet spot, who starts after the bye week is who Horton lives and dies with this year. even with the defense giving up record numbers, they are better than I expected.

If the offense would call more than 15 runs sunday We would have been looking at a perfect 3-0 start before the schedule gets tougher. I hope Horton gets some OLB prospects to develop soon though. not 2 more WR's!

I swear some posters on this board believe that there are Pro Bowl Pass rushers and Corners out there and the cheap ole' Cardinals are refusing to sign them.

Any veteran left out there is chopped liver for the most part. It's better to bring in some of the younger guys and see if they develop.

wa52lz

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
but their are developmental DE's that could be starting the transition to OLB on our practice squad.

Everson Griffin passed over for Andre Roberts still pisses me off. watch Griffin after developing on the vikings. I wanted their first rounder CB Cook too in that draft, but He went higher than i expected.

Everson Griffin has ONE career sack! And the Vikes are talking about moving him to LB, not exactly a vote of confidence for the guy.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Who? Rush backers don't just grow on trees. If you look at the perfect model, the Steelers, it generally takes a Rush backer YEARS to learn the position.

Demarcus Ware and Matthews are the exception, not the norm. Even Lamarr Woodley took a few years to develop.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn