Hidden Answers Already on the Roster?

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Of those listed, I'm intrigued by Bartholomew. But not at G; I'd like to see if he's an improvement over Lyle.

I said it when we drafted him, too: "Bartholomew" just sounds like a center.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Mitch, did you deliberately or inadvertently ignore, Quan Sturdivant?

He had a second round grade in a number of publications coming out, and now has had a year of study and in the weight room. Had experience both at ILB and OLB and lead his team in tackles. His versatility, if he can get into the lineup, would allow Bradley to take more snaps at OLB.

Peeps keep forgetting about Quan & I think he'll be a solid player for us.

stewdog1

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Wasn't there a WR at camp last year that really shone for a bit and then kind of disappeared? The name escapes me. I remember the radio guys going on and on how he caught every single thing thrown to him there, for awhile...

We have one of those almost every preseason. Stephen Williams was a name the past two TC's.

stewdog1

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think you're talking about Demarco Sampson, who was the 2011 edition of Stephen Williams, who was the 2010 edition of every Preseason All pro that Cards have.

Didn't see your response before I posted.

Damian Anderson anyone?

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Of those listed, I'm intrigued by Bartholomew. But not at G; I'd like to see if he's an improvement over Lyle.

+1.

Loved that pickup by the Cardinals.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score

Centre/guard replacement for Hadnot, I would imagine.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind us drafting a punter -- Bryan Anger from Cal is the consensus top punter, and Walter Football has a 5-7 round projection on him. Would anyone be that disappointed if we took the consensus top punter in the 5th round given what we've seen the past two years?

I've been hyping Anger since his freshman year at Cal. He's a pretty good athlete and he got better at the directional stuff as his time went on. Very strong leg.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
These players have to be successful in role situations before I would start touting them as hidden answers. When they contribute on special teams is step 1, let me know when they do.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I'm intrigued by everyone discussed.

But there are reasons why they've remained buried.

To become "unburied", they'll have to flash something (probably early-on and probably not under ideal conditions - due to insufficient reps, face-time etc.)

I hope that 100% of these guys come thru (both for the sake of their careers and because it would make our team a whole lot stronger).

But realistically, if one guy in five were to make it onto the final roster and we were able to gain as few as 1 - 2 starters, that would be pretty cool.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
These players have to be successful in role situations before I would start touting them as hidden answers. When they contribute on special teams is step 1, let me know when they do.

Is there anyway to find out who is playing on each special teams unit other than watching video and trying to read the players numbers?