Rondale Moore

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
DeSean Jackson is 5 inches taller than Rondale. That's like saying Stafford isn't significantly taller than Kyler.

Not factoring in size for Rondale seems pretty silly to me. The only successful NFL receiver under 5'8" has been Cole Beasley, and he is barely under 5'8". That's it. If being 5'7" wasn't an issue, you would think there would be other 5'7" receivers with short arms and small hands out there, but there aren't.

DeSean Jackson is 5' 9¾"

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
He's not a blazer? He runs sub 4.3.
every NFL player will tell you that you never run a 40 yard dash in the NFL. I’m talking twitch, quickness. Football playing speed.
After watching him on bubble screens and end around last year, color me not impressed. I didn’t see him blowing by people.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
every NFL player will tell you that you never run a 40 yard dash in the NFL. I’m talking twitch, quickness. Football playing speed.
After watching him on bubble screens and end around last year, color me not impressed. I didn’t see him blowing by people.

Must have watched a different guy to me. I thought he was electric. He's an ankle breaker.

You can see it here

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The obvious answer to the visibility issues is Kliff needs to do more to get Kyler out of the pocket on designed plays. We haven't done anything with him in this regard and it's an obvious flaw in our offense.

Hell, just having Kyler faking run to draw the defense in then resetting and throwing would be a nightmare for defenses.

Last edited:

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I don't really get this.

What's better? A 5'10" with a 32" vertical jump or a 5'7" receiver with a 40" vertical jump?

Steve Smith was 5'9". Wes Welker was 5'9". Does 2" really make all the difference?
I think Moore has talent. But 5’7 is REALLY short. You’re trotting out guys as examples of short guys that succeeded and they’re still TWO INCHES TALLER than Moore. The only guys his size or shorter that really had success that come to mind are mjd and sproles - both runningbacks.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I think Moore has talent. But 5’7 is REALLY short. You’re trotting out guys as examples of short guys that succeeded and they’re still TWO INCHES TALLER than Moore. The only guys his size or shorter that really had success that come to mind are mjd and sproles - both runningbacks.
he actually comps well to Barry Sanders based on measurables...also a RB

Reaction score
After seeing him last year, what is his potential as a starter with the Cards? Was it a mistake to draft him? Who in this draft would you say compares most to him and where would he be ranked in this coming draft?
Have you seen him this year? He is in great shape, and gained more muscle. I am predicting he will a pro bowl caliber perfomer!

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Have you seen him this year? He is in great shape, and gained more muscle. I am predicting he will a pro bowl caliber perfomer!
Rondale Moore? That could hinder him rather than help. He was always in great shape. Size will never be to his benefit, and getting too buff can lead to injuries to WRs--ask David Boston. I'm not saying this will happen, just that it's no guarantee of success for RM. He does have a lousy injury record going back to college, though, so we shouldn't expect too much.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Rondale Moore? That could hinder him rather than help. He was always in great shape. Size will never be to his benefit, and getting too buff can lead to injuries to WRs--ask David Boston. I'm not saying this will happen, just that it's no guarantee of success for RM. He does have a lousy injury record going back to college, though, so we shouldn't expect too much.

You should have "We shouldn't expect too much" printed on a T shirt ;)

Rondale is going to be great this year. As is Zaven Collins.

Stout

Reaction score
You should have "We shouldn't expect too much" printed on a T shirt ;)

Rondale is going to be great this year. As is Zaven Collins.
That'd be a pretty realistic T-shirt :)

I'm glad you think RM and ZC will be great this year. Well, I should say "hope," because that's all it is. I hope so, too! I've just not seen anything to expect it to be so yet, and certainly no proof to make it the certainty you state.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I'm glad you think RM and ZC will be great this year. Well, I should say "hope," because that's all it is. I hope so, too! I've just not seen anything to expect it to be so yet, and certainly no proof to make it the certainty you state.

It's not hope. Marco Wilson would be hope.

I've seen enough from Moore and Collins (especially Moore) to feel confident in a greater than 50% chance both are upgrades this year at the very least.

Stout

Reaction score
It's not hope. Marco Wilson would be hope.

I've seen enough from Moore and Collins (especially Moore) to feel confident in a greater than 50% chance both are upgrades this year at the very least.
Okay. That's your opinion, and I hope your opinion is correct. Or, better, that you're underselling them even. But, for me, it's only hope.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The key for Rondale is Kyler.

Is he going to trust Rondale like he did Kirk? Kirk wasn't the biggest guy but Kyler still trusted him on certain throws down the field.

Kyler has to trust Rondale. However, with Rondale's smaller catch radius, I think Kyler is going to have to be even more pinpoint on downfield passes.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score

Is he going to trust Rondale like he did Kirk? Kirk wasn't the biggest guy but Kyler still trusted him on certain throws down the field.

Kyler has to trust Rondale. However, with Rondale's smaller catch radius, I think Kyler is going to have to be even more pinpoint on downfield passes.
Agreed. Rondale can't be the guy on the shallow crosser like he was against Green Bay. Kyler's propensity to be high coupled with his small catch radius is a recipe for disaster.

This might be why he gets so many horizontal throws to the boundaries.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I'm not sure I agree on the smaller catch radius thing.

On paper Kirk has longer arms and a theoretically better catch radius. But I think Moore wins through much better agility and athleticism. That catch against the Niners where Moore catches the ball out of bounds on his tip toes at full extension...Kirk isn't catching that.

Stout

Reaction score

Yep, good analysis.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

On paper Kirk has longer arms and a theoretically better catch radius. But I think Moore wins through much better agility and athleticism. That catch against the Niners where Moore catches the ball out of bounds on his tip toes at full extension...Kirk isn't catching that.

I always found Kirks catch radius to be lacking a bit. Quite a few balls that it looked like he should have been able to get that he didn't.

I was describing Kirk to a friend the other day: not quite fast enough to be a true burner, not quite big enough to be a possession guy. He's still a good player, but he isn't a do it all kind of receiver.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score

And Isabella would have never been able to complete his route to have a chance of catching that lol

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

Moore was pretty damn explosive early in the year when teams didn't squat down on his routes. Having Hollywood should mean that they won't be able to this year.

We don't know exactly what was going down behind the seasons, but it was almost criminal how the Cardinals were using Rondale down the stretch. That dude is tailor made to use as a motion player to get him out in space with some cushion.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose