Rondale Moore

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I think Moore's regression was once again the fault of the coaching.
In the video you can see the talent, especially in those first two games against the Titans and the Vikings.
Then he disappeared down the stretch. When Hop went down you would think Moore's involvement would increase but it seemed the opposite.
Still think the downfall of this team is the coaching on both sides of the ball.
The flip side that most rookies struggle down the stretch.

Not everything is "Keim sucks, Kingsbury sucks, Bidwill sucks..."

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
Watch the 1st video in this thread.
That play is exactly what I described, a busted play where Kyler scrambled. I watched the video with the first 2 weeks and that was also exactly what my post described. The one time he actually threw over his o-line to Moore it was picked off by Vigil. Can’t have a slot receiver that can’t be seen on crossing routes over the middle.

I don’t understand why a slot receiver being 5 foot seven‘s not a concern for people. I just googled shortest NFL receivers and other than a couple punt returners, there are no 5 foot seven receivers. If anything, I think he limits what our offense can do.

Last edited:

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
That play is exactly what I described, a busted play where Kyler scrambled. I watched the video with the first 2 weeks and that was also exactly what my post described. The one time he actually threw over his o-line to Moore it was picked off by Vigil. Can’t have a slot receiver that can’t be seen on crossing routes over the middle.

I don’t understand why a slot receiver being 5 foot seven‘s not a concern for people. I just googled shortest NFL receivers and other than a couple punt returners, there are no 5 foot seven receivers. If anything, I think he limits what our offense can do.
Kyler needs someone to see eye to eye with. :mrgreen:

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

I don't really get this.

What's better? A 5'10" with a 32" vertical jump or a 5'7" receiver with a 40" vertical jump?

Steve Smith was 5'9". Wes Welker was 5'9". Does 2" really make all the difference?

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
I don't really get this.

What's better? A 5'10" with a 32" vertical jump or a 5'7" receiver with a 40" vertical jump?

Steve Smith was 5'9". Wes Welker was 5'9". Does 2" really make all the difference?
yes, every inch counts. You named 2 WR’s that are exceptions and also each had QB’s that were much taller than 5’10” (Delhomme is 6’2”, Cam Newton is 6’5”, Tom Brady is 6’4”.). 5’10 throwing to 5’11 and up is a lot more likely to be successful than 5’10 throwing to 5’7. It’s not even really an opinion, it’s logic and science.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
yes, every inch counts. You named 2 WR’s that are exceptions and also each had QB’s that were much taller than 5’10” (Delhomme is 6’2”, Cam Newton is 6’5”, Tom Brady is 6’4”.). 5’10 throwing to 5’11 and up is a lot more likely to be successful than 5’10 throwing to 5’7. It’s not even really an opinion, it’s logic and science.

Yeah this seems more like a Kyler issue than a Rondale issue though.

Rondale can jump though right. Very high as it happens. So Kyler just has to put the ball in the same place as if he's 5'10" and Rondale can go get it. It's not like he has to throw it into his belly.

I get the whole physics thing. I just don't think it's a big deal on Rondales end, more on Kyler's, but that's always going to be the case with a short QB.

Any 7'5" WR's in this draft?

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Kyler needs someone to see eye to eye with. :mrgreen:
As a professional artist, I have done some art for popular music artists and laughed when I read that because there are more than one entertainer which will not use girls on stage which are taller than the performer... and some of these guys are rather short when not seen by the illusion of the stage lol

Last edited:

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don't really get this.

You must be registered for see images attach

It's not just his height. He also has tiny hands and a limited catch radius in addition to being the shortest receiver in the league. Can he win against CBs who are 5-7" taller? Can he get off the line in press coverage? Nobody really knows, but history us not on his side.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That's what she said...

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Logic and science.

If 5 foot 7 is five yards behind the defense it doesn't matter.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
Logic and science.

If 5 foot 7 is five yards behind the defense it doesn't matter.
how often do you think that will happen? 3 times next year? he’s not a blazer and I don’t care how high he can jump. 6’1 DB will win.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
how often do you think that will happen? 3 times next year? he’s not a blazer and I don’t care how high he can jump. 6’1 DB will win.
Did you watch Cooper Kupp at all last year? He could have been 4'8 and put up close to numbers that he did because he was open.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
Did you watch Cooper Kupp at all last year? He could have been 4'8 and put up close to numbers that he did because he was open.
Stafford is 6’3” and throws to Kupp over the middle. Look, if Kyler was 6’2, I would have a more optimistic outlook on Moore. But given both of their height limitations, I see a lot more bubble screens behind the LOS for him again this year. Or, he gets receptions when Kyler hast to scramble and it’s a busted play. I bet we will be able to count the number of throws over the middle to Moore under 10 by the end of the year when Kyler is in the pocket.

and Cooper Kupp is a freak that plays the game like it’s chess, knowing exactly where to go to be open. I think Hunter Renfrow is going to develop into that same type of player. Those are special abilities. I don’t think you can compare Rondale Moore to either of those two.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Stafford is 6’3” and throws to Kupp over the middle. Look, if Kyler was 6’2, I would have a more optimistic outlook on Moore. But given both of their height limitations, I see a lot more bubble screens behind the LOS for him again this year. Or, he gets receptions when Kyler hast to scramble and it’s a busted play. I bet we will be able to count the number of throws over the middle to Moore under 10 by the end of the year when Kyler is in the pocket.

and Cooper Kupp is a freak that plays the game like it’s chess, knowing exactly where to go to be open. I think Hunter Renfrow is going to develop into that same type of player. Those are special abilities. I don’t think you can compare Rondale Moore to either of those two.
Height is overated.

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
lol… I will be eventually. My Dad has shrunk a couple inches in his old age.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
But Kupp isn't 4'8". He is 6'2" and 204 lbs, which is 7 inches taller and 26 lbs heavier than Moore. That size is one of the reasons Kupp doesn't get jammed at the line and ends up getting so open.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
But Kupp isn't 4'8". He is 6'2" and 204 lbs, which is 7 inches taller and 26 lbs heavier than Moore. That size is one of the reasons Kupp doesn't get jammed at the line and ends up getting so open.
Fast guys can get off releases too.

Arguing that size should stop Moore is pretty silly. Desean Jackson was skinny as a rail and not significantly taller than Rondale.

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Fast guys can get off releases too.

Arguing that size should stop Moore is pretty silly. Desean Jackson was skinny as a rail and not significantly taller than Rondale.
DeSean Jackson is 5 inches taller than Rondale. That's like saying Stafford isn't significantly taller than Kyler.

Not factoring in size for Rondale seems pretty silly to me. The only successful NFL receiver under 5'8" has been Cole Beasley, and he is barely under 5'8". That's it. If being 5'7" wasn't an issue, you would think there would be other 5'7" receivers with short arms and small hands out there, but there aren't.