Rondale Moore silence is deafening

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Right, and how many of them were behind the LoS and at least 2 defenders IMMEDIATELY in his face? Uh like 8 of those?
Pal, a WR produced 18 yards on 10 touches to start a season. Do you know how bad a player in NFL has to be for that kind of performance. We will see if Moore gets to 500 yards this season.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Pal, a WR produced 18 yards on 10 touches to start a season. Do you know how bad a player in NFL has to be for that kind of performance. We will see if Moore gets to 500 yards this season.
He doesn't call the plays. He gets the plank on most of his touches. Hardly anyone would produce in his place with the crap he gets. He does well when he isn't used as a silly gatchet toy that Kliff has no idea how to use.

That's the point. Use him effectively where he does produce and see what happens. Kliff ain't good enough to use him the way he thinks he can.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I don’t know where Rondale can be put at to succeed.

Kliff isn’t doing him no damn favors with the predictable screens & end arounds.

But expecting a 5’7 WR to consistently do damage going more vertical isn’t just reality. A lot of limitations there.

He would be better with someone that isn’t Kliff, but the ceiling isn’t as high as some think it is.

Reactions: PJ1

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He doesn't call the plays. He gets the plank on most of his touches. Hardly anyone would produce in his place with the crap he gets. He does well when he isn't used as a silly gatchet toy that Kliff has no idea how to use.

That's the point. Use him effectively where he does produce and see what happens. Kliff ain't good enough to use him the way he thinks he can.

I don't know what to say when people are defending 10 touches for 18 yards and the player is WR after fading bad second half of season already.

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I don't know what to say when people are defending 10 touches for 18 yards and the player is WR after fading bad second half of season already.
Because it reads as someone who only read the stat sheet to form a conclusion and didn't see the game/plays in question.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
What are people talking about? He had 7 receptions for 68 yards, even with the two or three stuffs behind the LOS that he had no chance on. #2 on the team. Long of 28. He looked super twitchy and elusive. Nothing wrong with Rondale. For now.
I'm not going to say nothing wrong with him, because this is the only decent game he has had (when he had a chance), but I will agree that this is not the game to dog him. He wasn't bad and actually had a nice play. How can you blame him for failing when his coach sets him up to fail. I mean, a freaking fade to Rondale Moore? That was the dumbest play call ever.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
I don’t know where Rondale can be put at to succeed.

Kliff isn’t doing him no damn favors with the predictable screens & end arounds.

But expecting a 5’7 WR to consistently do damage going more vertical isn’t just reality. A lot of limitations there.

He would be better with someone that isn’t Kliff, but the ceiling isn’t as high as some think it is.

Good post.

Just like everyone else - I was yelling "stop throwing the damn ball to Rondale Moore"!!

Then we saw what he can do in open space - ok. That is pretty good.

The problem is calling plays to get him open in space. The defense clearly knows when he is getting the ball.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
What are people talking about? He had 7 receptions for 68 yards, even with the two or three stuffs behind the LOS that he had no chance on. #2 on the team. Long of 28. He looked super twitchy and elusive. Nothing wrong with Rondale. For now.

on a few plays: you see what the coaches like. Takes another WR screen the entire defense expects, reverses field and converts a 3rd & 17.

they just have to forget those weird motion and throw it to him in the backfield plays. Its not his fault everyone watching the game, including the 11 on defense, knew where the ball was going.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It sort of reminds me of a thing oldtime Cards fans will remember. We lost to the Cowboys, the next game the Cowboys got beaten easily. It came out after the game that the opponent had watched our game and figured out their FB Ron Springs tipped off plays. On Running plays he had his chin strap on, on passing plays he didn't. So they knew pass or run on every play and they got this from watching the film of our game, that we lost because we never figured this out.

I kind of feel like there's a tell on Rondale but I don't think it's him, I think it's Kliff. The motion is one of them but I think there's a formational thing or something that the entire league has caught on to and Kliff doesn't know yet what the tell is.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
CFL, you'll never convince people, who don't want to be convinced that he didn't have just 18 yards, yesterday.

Zeem_Freeze

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
biggest problem is that we are nearly last in pre-snap motion... To make things worse for Moore, we seem to only give him the ball when he's in motion... Its a dead giveaway for the defense

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
ive complained about how the Cards attack 2 shell, two safety deep coverages.

Here is a good way to attack it: give a RAC guy a 13-yard pass in the soft middle of a two-safety look and let him run 15 more yards with it.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He is electric if you give him just a tiny bit of open field. If you can't see the potential, you're not watching

It's up to Kliff and K1 to get him the ball in spots where he can succeed.
Tavon Austin was more electric than Moore. Austin was just OK before fading out..Moore is not even just OK at this time.