Rondale Moore silence is deafening

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I don't like to give up on players on around year three-ish.

His usage isn't doing him any favors. Move him into the slot and have him attack the middle of the field. Once Hopkins is back, teams will have to decide who to double and then having Moore and Ertz attack the middle, teams will likely have to play more off coverage...which will open up the screens.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't like to give up on players on around year three-ish.

His usage isn't doing him any favors. Move him into the slot and have him attack the middle of the field. Once Hopkins is back, teams will have to decide who to double and then having Moore and Ertz attack the middle, teams will likely have to play more off coverage...which will open up the screens.

I REALLY want this win on Sunday just so were not in a 2-4 hole as we get all our playmakers back.

Hop SHOULD make a sizable difference in this offense. He's one of the best WRs in the game. Would just be great to not be digging up hill all season.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I REALLY want this win on Sunday just so were not in a 2-4 hole as we get all our playmakers back.

Hop SHOULD make a sizable difference in this offense. He's one of the best WRs in the game. Would just be great to not be digging up hill all season.
I think they can turn it around.

The defense is playing well enough to win. The Cardinals just need to reevaluate what they are doing on offense.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Nice. Did you know Baker Mayfield won a Heisman trophy?

Can I interest you in Kyler Murray's high school production. He'd love to tell you about it.

The goal of the post was to show how he made plays in college to see if it was different than how he is being used today.

Thanks for making my point on negativity.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think they can turn it around.

The defense is playing well enough to win. The Cardinals just need to reevaluate what they are doing on offense.

It sounds crazy as bad as we've been but we can actually be 6-3 in 4 games. Seattle is not very good, not saying they can't beat us, we suck, but it's a winnable game. Then you get D Hop back and we play Saints, Vikings and Seattle(again). NO is on Thur those games suck but it's D Hops first game back he'll be fresh. Again it's not a gimme game but it's winnable.

Minnesota is 4-1 they're good not as good as their record might suggest, great WR, great RB, good Qb again winnable. Then Seattle again.

I'm not saying we WILL be, but we could actually win the next 4 games and be 6-3.

Of course then we have Rams, 49ers, Chargers and Patriots all games we could easily lose.

If the last loss doesn't piss this team off enough I don't know what will

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
It sounds crazy as bad as we've been but we can actually be 6-3 in 4 games. Seattle is not very good, not saying they can't beat us, we suck, but it's a winnable game. Then you get D Hop back and we play Saints, Vikings and Seattle(again). NO is on Thur those games suck but it's D Hops first game back he'll be fresh. Again it's not a gimme game but it's winnable.

Minnesota is 4-1 they're good not as good as their record might suggest, great WR, great RB, good Qb again winnable. Then Seattle again.

I'm not saying we WILL be, but we could actually win the next 4 games and be 6-3.

Of course then we have Rams, 49ers, Chargers and Patriots all games we could easily lose.

If the last loss doesn't piss this team off enough I don't know what will
Cutting insight here. Today we have a 2-3 record. If we win the next four games we'll be 6-3.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You guys make it all sound so easy. Only problem is, do the coaches ever read what we say? If they read this forum and followed our advice, I think we would probably be undefeated right now.

Com'on KK, SK, VJ, & K1. Read and follow our advices on here.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I have a scary feeling even if our offense picks back up when Hop returns, our lack-of-pass will eventually bite us. Just like in 2015 when were moving the ball with ease, but we could never fabricate a pass-rush that entire year outside of outlier regular-season game against GB. It showed up in a huge way against the Panthers in the conference title game.

Anyone else has that feeling?

We need SOMETHING from our EDGEs. SOMETHING!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a scary feeling even if our offense picks back up when Hop returns, our lack-of-pass will eventually bite us. Just like in 2015 when were moving the ball with ease, but we could never fabricate a pass-rush that entire year outside of outlier regular-season game against GB. It showed up in a huge way against the Panthers in the conference title game.

Well, yeah. Even if the O picks up, I don't have expectations that we'll be an actual Super Bowl Contender. My expectations are if they can be 3-3 with Hop that we can get to a Wild Card game and maybe win a game there.

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

I think that having a 10+ point lead at some point is naturally going to help the pass rush. If it's 3rd and 6 and you're up 14 points (like opponents usually are after the end of the first quarter), you can throw the dump-off pretty happily. You're going to get the ball back in 3 downs anyway.

When the game is tight I think opponents just have a different mentality.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think that having a 10+ point lead at some point is naturally going to help the pass rush. If it's 3rd and 6 and you're up 14 points (like opponents usually are after the end of the first quarter), you can throw the dump-off pretty happily. You're going to get the ball back in 3 downs anyway.

When the game is tight I think opponents just have a different mentality.
With the way comebacks have become way more often this year, a 14 point lead even in the 4th quarter isn’t safe.

I believe we could get away with that against the bottom of the barrel teams, but even the playoff contenders, I’m not too sure at all.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
This would be fun, but it would also be my worst nightmare. Winning even just one playoff game would believe Bidwill thinks Keim is doing a wonderful job.
I'm totally expecting that we'll fart our way into one of the last playoff spots, and then promptly get destroyed by a more disciplined and determined team. And Keim and Kliff will both keep their jobs. And people will still make excuses when we make the same mistakes over and over again. Good times!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This would be fun, but it would also be my worst nightmare. Winning even just one playoff game would believe Bidwill thinks Keim is doing a wonderful job.
Does that really matter with the contract extensions that have already been given out?

I understand where you’re coming from… Pyrrhic victories they’d ultimately be, but none of those guys are getting fired for at least two or three more years. Might as well squeeze a couple fun moments from the sunk cost seasons if possible.

I guess…

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why? Do you really think we are firing Keim no matter what?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm totally expecting that we'll fart our way into one of the last playoff spots, and then promptly get destroyed by a more disciplined and determined team. And Keim and Kliff will both keep their jobs. And people will still make excuses when we make the same mistakes over and over again. Good times!
Isn't that really our ceiling with this current roster/management?

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Isn't that really our ceiling with this current roster/management?
Pretty much. The lack of discipline and focus on attention to details is one reason our results are so middling, and why we make the same mistakes over and over again. Teams that are focused and organized will usually eat Kliff's lunch.

It's much easier to make the playoffs these days, so it's less of an accomplishment.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pretty much. The lack of discipline and focus on attention to details is one reason our results are so middling, and why we make the same mistakes over and over again. Teams that are focused and organized will usually eat Kliff's lunch.

It's much easier to make the playoffs these days, so it's less of an accomplishment.
Maybe it just me, but making the playoffs and having an entertaining brand of football is all I expect from the season. Anything else is gravy.

We have been so bad for so long, that I just want us to be competitive and not boring.

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
With the way comebacks have become way more often this year, a 14 point lead even in the 4th quarter isn’t safe.

I believe we could get away with that against the bottom of the barrel teams, but even the playoff contenders, I’m not too sure at all.
When two playoff contenders match up, no lead is truly safe. But this isn't college; you don't get extra credit for winning by 30+ points. It's just more annoying because a lot of us are playing the spread.

The good-team v bad team matchups that ended up close/upsets that weren't division games were basically us and...?

I think the parity in the NFL is deeper than it's been in a few years. I expect offenses to catch back up and adapt (not ours though) and we'll see fewer results like Tennessee-Washington.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Maybe it just me, but making the playoffs and having an entertaining brand of football is all I expect from the season. Anything else is gravy.

We have been so bad for so long, that I just want us to be competitive and not boring.
For sure, making the playoffs every year is a champagne problem, but I'd also like a shot at winning it all.

I'm still waiting on the entertaining brand of football. We haven't seen it since the beginning of last season, and that's starting to feel like a long time ago.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For sure, making the playoffs every year is a champagne problem, but I'd also like a shot at winning it all.

I'm still waiting on the entertaining brand of football. We haven't seen it since the beginning of last season, and that's starting to feel like a long time ago.
I have hope that D-Hop coming back is going to put a lot of pressure on defenses.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose