Rodney Hudson - returns after holding out?

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Yep. That'll be the key. If his heart isn't in it, we're still in trouble. Fingers crossed!

Well, I mean, our OL still isn't good, but at least it's not game over bad at this point.
I would say our OL with a motivated Hudson is above average, simply by comparison because OLs in the NFL have not been a priority of recent except for a few teams like the Chargers

DaHilg

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I would say our OL with a motivated Hudson is above average, simply by comparison because OLs in the NFL have not been a priority of recent except for a few teams like the Chargers
I’d disagree… all of these teams did big time upgrades to protect their QBs over the past 1-2 off-seasons. Even in instances where their QBs are far lesser;

KC
Chargers
Bengals
Giants
Dolphins
Jets

This is just off the top of my head and just over this and last off-season. I feel like Kiem is taking to 2 approaches;

1 - the RW3 analogy someone posted before. Thinking w Kyler’s legs he can get away w a lessor Oline (I don’t agree we can).

2 - Taking the Joe Burrow Cinci model. Give your QB an arsenal of weapons, particularly guys who can get separation (Hollywood and Rondale) and bank on that giving Kyler enough w a lessor Oline. This did work for Cinci last year w their terrible Oline, but also was risking Burrow to have another injury and a shortened career. Thus not the best strategy based on our fragile QB. It does give our offense a completely new element to it than we had last year - 2 guys that can completely get separation from their defenders. I don’t consider Moore as one of these guys last year for the role and routes they had him running.

It will be also interesting 2 see how we operate going from 1 to now what should be 3 legit tight ends. Have to imagine 2 tight end sets plan to have a vast increased focus this year.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
The potential for an above average line is there but D-lines in the division are excellent to elite except for Seattle. Bosa and Donald are not worried.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I guess all of the people that decided he wasn't coming back by the Twitter picture were wrong. Also all of the people that poor mouthed the team and Keim were wrong also. Sounds like somebody needs to step up and admit they were wrong. I'm not going to say anybody needs to apologize because I don't do that but 34 pages of this thread were about it. It just goes to show that rumors and lies and BS can get out of hand now doesn't it? Like I said in a previous post, print out the thread and run it through the garbage disposal and you have the same result
It is literally being reported that he decided to come back which indicates he was deciding if he would come back or not. What was made up in this thread?

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
News?

It was never anything more than conjecture fueled by a gagging lack of actual facts.
and yet...

"Rodney Hudson, who stayed away from mandatory minicamp and whose status for 2022 was uncertain, has informed the team he's returning and will play in 2022"

the player himself informed the team that he had made a decision. So, there is your confirmation and fact that he was considering not returning.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This is a 7 win team with Hudson. We are probably a 6 win team without him. So didn’t really care one way or the other.
Nothing wrong with lowering expectations. I've become accustomed to doing that myself for the past 58 years watching this franchise drive me insane. On paper, we have a brutal schedule, but you never really know how good teams really are until the real season starts. And I thoroughly expect Keim to make more moves between now & the beginning of the season to make this team even better.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Pigs getting haughty about the kind of slop they're wallowing in!

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
News?

It was never anything more than conjecture fueled by a gagging lack of actual facts.
Have you stopped to consider that he was actually considering retirement? Just look at how the tweet was worded “he informed the cardinals he’s coming back for the season…” if he wasn’t considering retirement, why would he do that? Did Budda Baker need to tell the cards he intended to play this season?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Have you stopped to consider that he was actually considering retirement? Just look at how the tweet was worded “he informed the cardinals he’s coming back for the season…” if he wasn’t considering retirement, why would he do that? Did Budda Baker need to tell the cards he intended to play this season?

How the tweet was worded was Rapaport, not Hudson.

Hudson informed the Cards he will return. I don't see how that rules out all other options of why he was away.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Have you stopped to consider that this is an after the fact confirmation that whatever was a concern has been settled and doesn't obviate the fact that anything prior was conjecture ?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
For all anyone on this message board knows he could have had 2 months of violent diarrhea. The end result is the same
I mean I guess. It is quite a myopic view though.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am annoyed he left the team and organization hanging. Either retire or don't. Not sure what this all was about but there was a better way to handle this. It's not like this all of the sudden came up. I am glad he is coming back but handled it badly IMO.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson