Rodney Hudson - returns after holding out?

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I’d disagree… all of these teams did big time upgrades to protect their QBs over the past 1-2 off-seasons. Even in instances where their QBs are far lesser;

KC
Chargers
Bengals
Giants
Dolphins
Jets

This is just off the top of my head and just over this and last off-season. I feel like Kiem is taking to 2 approaches;

1 - the RW3 analogy someone posted before. Thinking w Kyler’s legs he can get away w a lessor Oline (I don’t agree we can).

2 - Taking the Joe Burrow Cinci model. Give your QB an arsenal of weapons, particularly guys who can get separation (Hollywood and Rondale) and bank on that giving Kyler enough w a lessor Oline. This did work for Cinci last year w their terrible Oline, but also was risking Burrow to have another injury and a shortened career. Thus not the best strategy based on our fragile QB. It does give our offense a completely new element to it than we had last year - 2 guys that can completely get separation from their defenders. I don’t consider Moore as one of these guys last year for the role and routes they had him running.

It will be also interesting 2 see how we operate going from 1 to now what should be 3 legit tight ends. Have to imagine 2 tight end sets plan to have a vast increased focus this year.
Well, ask fans in our division and most will admit our OL is better than theirs. Granted, the level of what is good now is skewed because the reality is teams really do not give that much capital to the OL but flash skill players. I do not agree with this approach but that is truth considering there are 32 teams and you would be hard pressed to find half of them which are making the OL a priority

Dayman

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I really didn't think Hudson would be a Cardinal this year. I was 100% wrong. I am also happy that I was wrong, much like everyone else who thought the same thing. Nobody who is on a team message board as often as we are roots for their team to fail.

Last edited:

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
I’m glad he’s back and the discourse is behind us. Can we all join forces now to start collectively bitching for CB help?
Bringing back Alford should almost be a no-brainer at this point, right? I heard Gambo or someone said we made him an open offer to come back for vet minimum and he was exploring better options, but I think at this point trying to get the deal deal even if we have to throw a tiny bit of money above the minimum seems like a good move, no?

Syracusecards

DA's pass went that way
Reaction score
Bringing back Alford should almost be a no-brainer at this point, right? I heard Gambo or someone said we made him an open offer to come back for vet minimum and he was exploring better options, but I think at this point trying to get the deal deal even if we have to throw a tiny bit of money above the minimum seems like a good move, no?
I’m good with that. Surprised it hasn’t happened already honestly. Unless he’s asking for way too much $.

Reactions: PJ1

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Not surprising you went there. No one here has claimed clairvoyance on this issue. Nice try though.

It was the only term that came to mind to describe the certainty of some on this board. I find it interesting that Rapoport does not say that Hudson was contemplating retirement but instead uses the catch-all term 'murky' to describe his rather odd offseason.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It was the only term that came to mind to describe the certainty of some on this board. I find it interesting that Rapoport does not say that Hudson was contemplating retirement but instead uses the catch-all term 'murky' to describe his rather odd offseason.
How much more of a sign do you need? lmao. Why does it even matter this much to you. He was obviously contemplating his future in the NFL

MrYeahBut

4 Food groups: beans, chili, cheese, bacon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now we talkin' 'bout practice, practice. Practice hikin' the ball 'bove 8" off the ground, bruh
You must be registered for see images attach

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
How much more of a sign do you need? lmao. Why does it even matter this much to you. He was obviously contemplating his future in the NFL

The point was that many insisted he was contemplating retirement without any actual supporting evidence. Perhaps he was or maybe it was contract related or a trade. The reason or reasons fall under the rubric 'murky' rather well and that is the neon sign of it all.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
As far as this thread goes, Chopper is the first one to mention retirement as a guess as to what the actual problem was. Was that his guess or a guess he read or heard about, I don't know?:Dold
:?:

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Also DL help. Maybe an alliance is in order?
I’m down. We’ll never get everyone to agree though. There will be those who say the line and d backfield are fine even though we finish in the bottom third in points allowed because they’ll say those two units ranked in the middle of the pack when the real reason behind that is we couldn’t stop the run or the pass so opposing offenses were able to mix it up and continue to keep us guessing.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
I’m down. We’ll never get everyone to agree though. There will be those who say the line and d backfield are fine even though we finish in the bottom third in points allowed because they’ll say those two units ranked in the middle of the pack when the real reason behind that is we couldn’t stop the run or the pass so opposing offenses were able to mix it up and continue to keep us guessing.
Maybe we can confuse others teams with their bounty of options?

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Good Lord, we have enough cap space to give him a little more. The guy is a vet and knows the system... it's about showing respect Keim, and I doubt what Alford wants would break the bank by any means